#1 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:fertility solutions

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

Hello.

So Im new to this.

Started the IVF process at 26 due to double tubal problems.

Started follistim x225 IU than uped to 300IU for 13 days, ganerlex for 3 days, HCG x1 one day and than of course retrieval. 

Retrieval went ago, received 15 eggs, 14 mature, 1 5day transferred and 5 more frozen.ro

RE said embyro looked great and was in "hatching stage"

Day 5 after ET I had pretty sevre cramping and day 6 full blown period. Im pretty bummed and not sure what to do next. Does anyone have any experience with this? Not sure if I should attempt a 2-transfer next or what could have happened.

All advice helpful!

#2 Lilymagil

Lilymagil
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, snowboarding, painting and anything artsy or creative
  • My Clinic:Fertility clinic

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. I've never experienced it, but I'm sending you a big hug and positive thoughts on your next step in your journey.

#3 s00n

s00n
  • 1000+
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:Him- Potential SA issues Me- PCOS like crazy/anovulation/long cycles. Started TTC before 30.TTC/Secondary Infertility(2008-2015) - Adopted from public system in Ontario 2012.Freeze-All IVF after OHSS, and successful FET 2015 @ 36Yrs Old.
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

You've got a good number of embryos on ice, I'd move forward with one more FET if you can afford to, and then investigate if nothing.

My clinic has more FET success than fresh success. My 19 month old is a FET success. :)

Best of luck!

See my about me page for details on our IF journey including adoption and other avenues.

#4 Harlo17

Harlo17
  • 32 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:47 PM

I think you will probably have better success with a FET. I didn't have a good experience with a Fresh transfer either. Got my period a few days after the transfer. From my understanding it can be a combination of not only progesterone that can weaken the lining and make implantation tough but also the drop in estrogen after your stim cycle. On my FET I used estrace and also switched to a double dose (2cc's) of progesterone oil injections. That did the trick.

Me 30 Hubby 33

TTC Since October 2013

1 natural conception miscarriage Nov 2014 at 10 weeks 8388.gif

3 IUI's -  th_abfn.gif

3 IVF Retrievals

1 Fresh Transfer th_abfn.gif

1 Frozen Transfer th_abfp.gif Finally success with a Frozen Mosaic Embryo! Baby Boy Born May 2017 babyboy.gif

About to start IVF#4 for Baby #2 with poor egg quality 

#5 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:44 AM

I think you will probably have better success with a FET. I didn't have a good experience with a Fresh transfer either. Got my period a few days after the transfer. From my understanding it can be a combination of not only progesterone that can weaken the lining and make implantation tough but also the drop in estrogen after your stim cycle. On my FET I used estrace and also switched to a double dose (2cc's) of progesterone oil injections. That did the trick.

thank you so so much! this was very helpful to hear! thank you again!

#6 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:45 AM

You've got a good number of embryos on ice, I'd move forward with one more FET if you can afford to, and then investigate if nothing.

My clinic has more FET success than fresh success. My 19 month old is a FET success. smile.png

Best of luck!

Congrats! and thank you! Did you attempt a fresh transfer prior to FET?

#7 s00n

s00n
  • 1000+
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:Him- Potential SA issues Me- PCOS like crazy/anovulation/long cycles. Started TTC before 30.TTC/Secondary Infertility(2008-2015) - Adopted from public system in Ontario 2012.Freeze-All IVF after OHSS, and successful FET 2015 @ 36Yrs Old.
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

Since I had too much response (likely from my PCOS) and my ovaries were the size of grapefruits, they cancelled my transfer. :/ So no fresh, just a frozen.

See my about me page for details on our IF journey including adoption and other avenues.

#8 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

Carly I think you should view your IVF cycle having very good results. Unfortunately your first transfer did not result in pregnancy, but like others have said FETs generally have better success. To have 5 frozen embryos is a really good result, so beat yourself up about that. Of course there are no guarantees. I wish you the best of luck. Know that you did everything that you could and this is not your fault.

#9 Carly102988

Carly102988
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

Carly I think you should view your IVF cycle having very good results. Unfortunately your first transfer did not result in pregnancy, but like others have said FETs generally have better success. To have 5 frozen embryos is a really good result, so beat yourself up about that. Of course there are no guarantees. I wish you the best of luck. Know that you did everything that you could and this is not your fault.

thank you  so so much. I s/w the RE and I will be following up next week to discuss FET and get a new timeline!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IVF, ET, Failed, First, Cycle