IVF in South Africa-Medical travel insurance? - Traveling Abroad for IVF - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

IVF in South Africa-Medical travel insurance?

insurance South Africa ivf

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ticktock

ticktock
  • Cyclebase
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmonton

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

HI

I am planning my last attempt at IVF in South Africa. I am really comfortable with the clinic and the Drs. I am originally from SA so this will be essentially be "going home" for treatment. After my first IVF which was successful 4 years ago, everything since has been disastrous, not including very unpleasant FET with poor patient-doctor interaction and then seeking second opinion at different clinic but not really happy with answers. If anything this process has taught me to second guess everything and become educated about everything fertility related. I am starting priming in 3 days and flying June 1st. Would appreciate any advice others can provide in regards to possible medical travel insurance- have found it hard to find any coverage- advice on travelling with meds- I will be taking 3 days of Menopur with me and buy the rest there- and any other insights you can provide.

TIA

<p>Me:38 DH:38</p><p>TTC since 2009</p><p>Cause:DOR</p><p>Uterine septum removed Sept 2012Estrace started Jan 21</p><p>IVF #1: GonalF&Luveiris started Feb20</p><p>ER March 05- 10 of 17 fertilized ET March 10- 2 embryos transferred, 1 to freeze, no other survivors</p><p>Beta#1: 151Beta#2: 321Beta #3: 2553</p><p>Healthy little baby princess born in Dec 2013- now for round #2 with 1 remaining embryoTransferred 1 5BB embryo Dec 4th, on Estrace and Crinone, awaiting BHCGFailed FET</p><p>IVF #2: GonalF 450&Luveiris 150 started June 2nd, cycle cancelled after poor response and Zika risk.

#2 SmoonBaby

SmoonBaby
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

Hi, Ticktoc.

Wow! You're so close. Yikes! June 1st is right around the corner. I too have my eyes on a clinic in SA. Although I have not, yet heard back from them, I am still hopeful. BTW , I only emailed them just yesterday. If you don't mind me asking, where do you currently live and which clinic are you doing treatment with? I'm in Georgia. It's far from SA, I know, but I heard their stats were really high among other things. Well, that's enough for me to at least to place them at the top of my list. I will need an egg and sperm donor. Since I'm not sure if I can use my known egg donor. We shall find out soon! I'm also looking at Zlin and Reprofit in the Czech Republic. Serum is on my list as well. Backing off from FCC for now or maybe for good. As for the advice that you're seeking, I have no answers. Sorry.

#3 ticktock

ticktock
  • Cyclebase
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

Hi
I live in canada and am actually now sitting at the Aevitas clinic in Cape Town, SA- very helpful and amazing people- worth the trip
<p>Me:38 DH:38</p><p>TTC since 2009</p><p>Cause:DOR</p><p>Uterine septum removed Sept 2012Estrace started Jan 21</p><p>IVF #1: GonalF&Luveiris started Feb20</p><p>ER March 05- 10 of 17 fertilized ET March 10- 2 embryos transferred, 1 to freeze, no other survivors</p><p>Beta#1: 151Beta#2: 321Beta #3: 2553</p><p>Healthy little baby princess born in Dec 2013- now for round #2 with 1 remaining embryoTransferred 1 5BB embryo Dec 4th, on Estrace and Crinone, awaiting BHCGFailed FET</p><p>IVF #2: GonalF 450&Luveiris 150 started June 2nd, cycle cancelled after poor response and Zika risk.

#4 SmoonBaby

SmoonBaby
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:46 PM

Sounds great, Ticktock! Good for you! yahoo.gif You must be over the moon excited, right now. banana.gif I'm crossing everything that I can cross in hopes of a BFP for you. The egg donor program, Nurture, that I am in contact with mentioned Aevitas and Cape Fertility to me during my search. I never contacted Aevitas, only because the woman that referred me used Cape Fertility. I will definitely have a look at them now. What's the name of your doctor? Please keep me posted on your progress with them as I have not submitted any money to anyone, yet. Thanks and good luck!

#5 ticktock

ticktock
  • Cyclebase
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Hi- @smoonbaby- so I had my embryo transfer today- transferred 3 day 3 embryos. I have to say the clinic has wonderful service and very knowledgable physicians- would highly recommend them- now for my 2WW😊

#6 SmoonBaby

SmoonBaby
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:42 PM

Hi Ticktock! Yipee! Congratulations on your transfer.eusa_clap.gif Hope they all take. PUPO! I'm praying for you...baby dust, baby dust, baby dust! I received my information packet from Aevitas. Filled it all out, sent Tersia Fourie an email, and haven't heard back from her in going on 3 days.dontknow.gif They must really be super busy. Why did they choose to do a 3 day transfer opposed to a 5 day transfer? What do I know? I'm sure it was in your best interest. I'm zipping my mouth shut! I'm counting down the days for your 2WW.

#7 SmoonBaby

SmoonBaby
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

Good morning, Ticktock! Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. I truly hope you're doing well during your intense 2WW. Also, I wanted to let you know that I never heard back from Aevitas so I've decided to stick with Cape Fertility. Keep me posted. Blowing more baby dust in your direction!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insurance, South Africa, ivf