• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sugar Plum

Sugar Plum
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone done Leukocyte Immunization Therapy?  I am at MFC and this has been recommended.

I know it is technically experimental, but I wonder if anyone has anecdotally had success with it?  

We are on the fence about whether to go ahead with this.  Our immune testing showed that I have low antibodies, so would we be crazy to transfer without fixing that issue?  Or crazy to do LIT while it is still so lacking in evidence?  

Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated!  Thank you!

#2 Wishingforbaby1

Wishingforbaby1
  • 47 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

Hi! I'm also at MFC and just about to do my second LIT treatment of two (hopefully). I have low LADs and haven't yet tried transferring our euploid embryo, but I've had 4 natural pregnancies that resulted in early miscarriages before we sought help, so they did the immune testing as a precaution and now we have these results that can't be ignored. Our thinking is, although the field is essentially split on immune-related testing and treatment, Dr. V and his clinic have been doing this for like 30 years with success. I trust his and Dr. G's judgment and expertise, so we're going with their recommendation, which, we think, will give us the best outcome (our child hopefully). I also was very nervous about doing LIT and I had an adverse reaction after the first treatment, but I trust their opinion based on their experience, like I said. 

Wishing you the best of luck!!!