#1 Seem14

Seem14
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility Clinic

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

Hello ladies,

I've had my follow up WTF with my RE end of March and now I'm heading to IVF 2.  He's added Androgel and Saizen to this cycle and I'm wondering if anyone has been on these meds before and wondering if you could share your experiences with taking these meds (ie: side effects etc).  I was put on them in hopes that it increases the number of my follicles.  Last cycle I produced 3 eggs from 9 follies of which two fertilized (one is in the freezer and the other resulted in an M/C beginning of Jan 2017).

I've only started taking Androgel beginning of this month and so far I feel ok.  Aside from having a hard time sleeping, some slight agitation/ moodiness and now breaking out around my jaw line (which is the zone you would normally break out if it's due to hormone, and I normally break out around this area if/ when I'm near my period but I'm not so I'm sure it's from Androgel coz I don't ever break out unless around AF).  It's funny coz I didn't feel any differently when I was on my IVF 1 (with estrace priming then menopur, puregone and orgalutran).

I'm worried that I would get progressively worse once I start my estrace priming then heading to the same 3 shots + saizen... especially the moodiness... blush.png I'm afraid no one would want to be around me lol ... I get PMS a day or two before my AF normally and I can't imagine being like that for a couple of weeks while cycling.... anyway, any input/ feedback, experience-sharing would help! 

Let me know if these meds actually help with the number of follies and all that... I know you can't do much with the numbers and my RE said that but this is just a long shot.... so I figure why not try.... 

Thank you in advance and for taking your time to read my blabber!!  flow.gif

#2 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 747 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hi Seem14, hope you are doing well.  Our RE is also adding Saizen/Androgel to our estrogen priming antagonist protocol for our next cycle.  My wife is on the exact same protocol/dosage as you, do we have the same doctor, lol?  Wondering if you had any success on it?

March 2016 - Miscarriage #1 (chemical pregnancy)

August 2016 -  Miscarriage #2 (Trisomy-16)

December 2016 - Miscarriage #3 (unknown - suspected chromosomal abnormality)

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #1 - March 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining (6.25mm)

FET #1.2 - April 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining again! (4.85mm)

FET #1.3 - June 4, 2018 (lining 7.5mm!) - th_abfn.gif

ERA Aug 2018 - Pre-receptive by 1 day

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

FET #3 - Oct 4, 2021 (lining 8.8mm!)  th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Oct 14, 2021: 415, Beta #2: Oct 21, 2021: 4778 U/S: Nov 1, 2021 - measuring 6w4d, CRL 6.6mm, HR 133bm! U/S: Nov 15, 2021 - measuring 8w6d (CRL: 22.3mm), HR 182bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 15, 2022: It's a boy!  DS born 7lb 15oz babyboy.gif

#3 Janni_bee

Janni_bee
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

I was on Androgel prior to our IVF cycle to increase the # of eggs retrieved.  My RE says that it can also increase the quality of the eggs too.  So although it didn't necessarily increase the # of eggs I would say it increased the quality.   Last cycle I got 10 eggs and this cycle I got the same, however, we were able to end up growing them to day 5 cause we had more that lasted instead of only day 3 which I found helpful!  I only took it for a month, one pump a day. :)

• hopefuldadsomeday likes this

TTC since July 2013 Me 31 Dx: Endometriosis,DH 30 Male factor, 0% Morphology  

Aug/Sept 2014 : IVF + ICSI Antagonist Protocol: Puregon, Repronex, Orgalutron Sept 2014: 10 eggs retrieved (7 mature, 3 immature)           

7 mature eggs ICSI'd, 5 fertilized, 3 immature eggs matured overnight, but never successfully fertilized via conventional IVF

4 great quality embryos frozen on day3

Nov 25, 2014  FET One 18 grade 9 cell embryo transfered-Beta Dec 8thth_abfp.gif

Perfect little girl born Aug 11th  Emoticons09710.gif

Trying for #2!

FET Sept 9th/2016 (Same protocol as FET#1 ..MINUS dexamethasone)
Beta #1 Sept 21 sad.pngth_abfn.gif 
FET #3 Trying again October 21 (No suppression as they felt it was still active from the last FET..no dexamethasone) 

Beta - th_abfn.gif

FET#4 Scheduled for Jan 2017 - Same protocol w/dexamethasone...CANCELLED, breakthrough bleeding, poor lining. 

FET#5 March2017, super natural cycleth_abfn.gif(chemical faint positves at home, then negative beta by the time we got there)

IVF#2 June 2017-Pre treatment with Androgel, Antagonist Protocol. 6 mature eggs ICSI'd. 5 fertilized resulting in 3 GR1 5-day blast and 1 GR3 6 day Blast. (gr 1-best on a scale of 5)  Fresh Transfer of 1 top grade blast ....th_abfn.gif

FET#6 Sept 12th- CANCELLED, fluid within lining.

FET#7 Oct 7th - Natural Cycle- Transferred one Gr1 hatching blast, Chemical 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: androgel, saizen, tubal, poor responder