• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JennyM123

JennyM123
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

Hi all - wondering if there are any individuals who have used Conceptia and are not from New Brunswick. Just wondering about Blood work, ultrasounds etc. various testing that could be covered by provincial health plan. Wondering if I should expect more out of pocket costs - or if I can have some of this testing completed in my home province?

#2 Heathermac

Heathermac
  • 63 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Hi I'm from NB but have been living in pei and now ns for school stuff. I had to have some blood work and other tests done while away and didn't have to pay anything so you should be covered. The only testing part we had to pay for was the DSA for hubby. It's a long process or at Least it was for us, dr. R thought I was young and had lots of time so didn't want to move quickly and told me to keep trying naturally initially. I wasn't happy with the clinic during the testing phase but now that we've moved onto treatments I find they're more receptive and move quickly.
Where in NS are you traveling from? Has your hubby had a basic sperm analysis done yet?

#3 Andy81

Andy81
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Hi I am from NB so I can't answer that question. However I believe Conceptia is non profit so the overall cost may be less than AART. I did a round of IVF and it probably cost me a little less than $8000 (all medications were covered by Blue Cross) not counting travel. I have had friends quoted $20000 in Halifax. As for timeline our first consultation was in June and we were pregnant in October - we now have a happy healthy ten month old :). Best of luck to you on your journey!

#4 Andy81

Andy81
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

As well the bloodwork was done in the town I live, not Moncton, so it is possible you can have your bloodwork done in NS and the results sent back. All of the ultrasounds and bloodwork we had at the clinic were included in the general cost and not covered by Medicare, or at least that was my understanding.