• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VFC

VFC
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

Hi ladies, 

I'm new here and joined to get some advice. I'm 33, diagnosed with premature ovarian insufficiency at 30 and have been taking the birth control pill for estrogen for a few years. I'm in a same sex r/s so my partner had her eggs retrieved and we got 4 5-day and 2 6-day frosties ready and waiting for a transfer. I just had my first FET cancelled due to thin lining. I was on 200mg estrace pills vaginally 2 x a day for 14 days, lining was at 6.4. We waited a few more days to get it up but it went down to 5.3. I then went on the patches as well and changed them every 2 days, lining was up to 6.3 after 3 days. We waited another 6 days and it didn't change. Now I'm on the pills still and progesterone to induce a period and try again after that. I don't get regular periods due to the POI and being on the pill my periods were always super light. I've been doing regular acupuncture, usually weekly and for 2 months before starting the estrogen pills. Eat very healthy, lots of dark leafy greens and organic meat and dairy. I don't really drink except for a few glasses of red wine each week. I exercise 3 times a week at the gym and have been taking vitamin E, pomegranate juice, nettle and raspberry leaf tea daily. I just started taking baby aspirin too. The nurse said the doctor will look at my chart and maybe try the same meds again since it's my first cycle. I know it's early days and reading through the posts show me that there's a number of different drugs to take and roads to pursue to build lining, but it's still disconcerting to think that this could be another obstacle to overcome...

Thanks, 

V

#2 begin.again

begin.again
  • Global 100+
  • 112 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

Welcome! You will find tons of support here. I also have been having lining issues and have DOR. Definitely very trying issues to say the least. Wishing you luck on your next FET 🤞🏻

#3 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

If you do a forum search on lining issues, you'll find some other drugs that were used to help get things up. I can't remember the names off the top of my head but they seem to work a bit better. Good luck!

See about me page.

#4 VFC

VFC
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

Thank you! I have a list saved on my phone of all the possible drugs that I'm gonna bring up with my doctor at my next appointment. All the best! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, lining, thin