7 replies to this topic

#1 Spencemom

Spencemom
  • 75 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

Hello ladies

I am a little late to joining this forum but had a hard time talking about my infertility for a long time. Here's my abbreviated history. I'm 34 and started trying for a baby at 30. Got pregnant right away, miscarried 6 weeks later. Tried again, got pregnant in second cycle, baby was fine until at 12 weeks we learned his brain was not developing properly. After a half a year got pregnant again and miscarried at 6 weeks, then again at 9 weeks. Every time there was a heartbeat and then a few days later it would stop growing. My clinic Fertility One didn't have any answers and did all the standard work ups and tests. My family doctor and another OBGYN could not help. I was in the unexplained infertility category.

After 3 years of losses, depression and no answers my naturopath recommended Dr. Virro at Markham Fertility Centre. I started there in November 2015 had a small septum removed, one egg retrieval plus PGS and received 8 perfect 5 day blasts! Then the immune testing revealed low leukocyte antibodies and high cytokines. I started LIT in the fall of 2016, failed the test and did another round with a donor. At the same time I did 3 rounds of intralipids for my high cytokines, but it did nothing. I then did 2 Humira shots which brought them down from 50 to 41, but still not close to the 30. So now I'm told I have to do 2 more shots of Humira.

That's where stand and I hope of course this is the tail end of my journey to a baby, but as you all know, nothing is ever guaranteed. Thanks for sharing your stories, it has really helped! I love hearing success stories especially :)

Age 34
TTC since 2012
4 losses before 9 weeks

1 baby w/ anencyphaly

1 year of acupuncture
IVF 2016 - 8 healthy PGS blasts
2 rounds of LIT (spouse and donor)
2 rounds of Humira for high cytokines (50)

Currently waiting for cytokines to reduce before FET
Gluten-free, omega, 4mg folate, mag, vitamin D

#2 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

I'm sop glad you got testing beyond the regular RPL panel.  And I hope that Dr. Virro finds the right method and cocktail to get things under control...  Keeping everything crossed for you!  Good luck!

See about me page.

#3 csbd

csbd
  • 40 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmonton

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find answers at your clinic and (as we are all hoping for) success!!

#4 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 741 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your losses.  My wife is suffering from RPL as well, she lost all 3 of our little ones last year.  We're scheduled to see the fertility clinic next month to see what our options are.  Hoping you have a good end to your story!

March 2016 - Miscarriage #1 (chemical pregnancy)

August 2016 -  Miscarriage #2 (Trisomy-16)

December 2016 - Miscarriage #3 (unknown - suspected chromosomal abnormality)

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #1 - March 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining (6.25mm)

FET #1.2 - April 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining again! (4.85mm)

FET #1.3 - June 4, 2018 (lining 7.5mm!) - th_abfn.gif

ERA Aug 2018 - Pre-receptive by 1 day

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

FET #3 - Oct 4, 2021 (lining 8.8mm!)  th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Oct 14, 2021: 415, Beta #2: Oct 21, 2021: 4778

#5 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 748 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Spencemom, first let me say how sorry I am for your losses and the difficulty you have had in trying to conceive. When I read your post, I felt like I was reliving my life with infertility. Like you, I suffered from recurrent pregnancy lost, all before the 7 week ultrasound, all from donor cycles. In total at my first clinic I had three losses, left there and went to NewLife Fertility. I had a donor cycle, got pregnant and held that pregnancy to 16 weeks until it was determined that my baby girl had a brain defect. Unfortunately I had to terminate that pregnancy. After her, I conceived but miscarried at 6.5 weeks and since then have had 4 negative FET'S. I have done every test under the sun and everything continues to come back normal. I have not been back at the clinic since December of last year and truly don't know where to go from here. I have tried prednisone, neupogen, intralipids, everything but still to date and five years later, no baby. Thank you for sharing your story and I wish you success in your journey.

#6 Spencemom

Spencemom
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Thank you everyone for the support. I truly hope you will all find the answers you're looking for and only positive results!

Amazing grace - I'm sorry to hear how hard you've had it. I know how hopeless it can feel. For some reason I stopped worrying and started just going with the flow, not letting it consume me as it once did. It's helped me a lot. I'm guessing they did immune testing on you? What were your results?

Age 34
TTC since 2012
4 losses before 9 weeks

1 baby w/ anencyphaly

1 year of acupuncture

#7 Spencemom

Spencemom
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your losses.  My wife is suffering from RPL as well, she lost all 3 of our little ones last year.  We're scheduled to see the fertility clinic next month to see what our options are.  Hoping you have a good end to your story!

Age 34
TTC since 2012
4 losses before 9 weeks

1 baby w/ anencyphaly

1 year of acupuncture

#8 Spencemom

Spencemom
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

She's lucky to have a supportive husband like you! I'm sorry she's going through this, it really isn't fair. Does your new clinic do immune testing and treatment? My previous clinic had nothing to offer but the standard tests and I found out that Markham is one of the only clinics in Canada offering a full immune workup and treatment.

Age 34
TTC since 2012
4 losses before 9 weeks

1 baby w/ anencyphaly

1 year of acupuncture

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humira, Ivf, Immunology, Lit, Miscarriage