1077 replies to this topic

#1051 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Finally managed a photoshoot today! Will share on the fb page once they are edited (I'm a photographer!)

See about me page.

#1052 lisa222

lisa222
  • 66 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Fertility

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:06 AM

Congratulations HFLO and yaena. Can't believe we have so many babies here already!!

Thinking about the rest of you, and those last few weeks of pregnancy (which seem to stretch ooooonnnnn..... And also how huge do you feel in those last few weeks?!)

#1053 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • My Clinic:New hope

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:32 AM

Hi all,
Sorry for the silence, I have been going through a lot. Maybe will help to post. I went into labor on oct 11th, gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy at 3:15 am on oct 13th.
We had a great labor/delivery. It was long but I had epidural and that helped.
We spent a blissful 36 hours all together at hospital and were preparing to go home when something happened and the baby looked funny to me. I called a nurse and he was taken to the nursery where they determined he had low blood sugar, low temperature and low oxygenation. He was whisked off to the Nicu and has been there ever since. He was having seizures. And we just don't know why.
I have been absolutely devastated. Unable to stop crying.
We go to the hospital every morning for doctors rounds, then again in the afternoon to visit. I pump in between because they freeze the milk for baby. He is showing signs of improvement and they have started feeding him as of yesterday. He has been sedated by the anti seizure medications. And he was on an eeg machine until yesterday. It is torture to see my baby with wires and tubes everywhere and not be able to hold him. I think this is a level of hell. And I want out.
I can barely talk about it, as you can imagine.

#1054 lisa222

lisa222
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Wow Algae what incredible intuition you have. It sounds like the toughest time for your family, I hope you realise you have done an amazing.job by picking up soemthing was worng, and also by your daily fight for your little one. What a strong family you are, and what a strong little one. Sending you guys so much love, we will keep you in our prayers. Please keep us up to date xx

#1055 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:30 AM

Oh algae! I cannot even fathom how scary that must be. But I'm so thankful you're in a great hospital and that they are taking good care of your little one. Hoping everything gets sorted soon and you can bring him home. Sending giant hugs!

See about me page.

#1056 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

Oh Algae sad.png You must be one tough mama to hang in there - with a little fighter as well. I know I only dealt with the NICU experience for a few days, but they were hellish for us - and nothing compared to what you are coping with right now.

Sending lots of love your way, and hopes that you will be able to hold your little man so soon. Please vent and talk as much - or as little - as you want and need to, here. You will make it through this.

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#1057 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Thank you.
We had some new information yesterday from the MRI. There is bleeding in his cerebellum...a very small amount. And some blood on the brain in front consistent with traumatic birth, which the poor love had.
Both could be causing the seizures.
The cerebellum bleeding may or may not have a lasting effect on his balance or coordination. But the neurologist was hopeful because of his age and neuroplasticity. We just have to wait and see on that.
The good news is that he gets to come home. He is off of all antibiotics, breathing room air, eating breast milk like a champ, they are taking out all of his ivs and I will be able to hold him when the umbilical line comes out (maybe by later today). I was able to change his diaper a few times in the incubator and I fed him with the bottle. He has actually gained weight and is up to 6 lbs 7 oz. he was born at 6 lbs 3 oz.
We don't have an exact discharge date because they still need to tweak his meds and do another eeg, but just knowing that we get to have our baby with us is a stunning relief. I have been barely living through this, only keeping myself going for his sake. It's going to be a long road, but we are prepared to get through it all. I just can't wait to hold and kiss my little sweetheart.

#1058 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

I am so happy for you all! The NICU staff are really amazing - everyone we dealt with had such great sensitivity while also being completely honest. And the nurses love those babies so much, it was comforting. I found they doted on the babies so much, had little nicknames for them, and just gave the babies so much love.

Hopefully the bleeding will only have a temporary effect - that is really encouraging that the doctor feels there is a chance of it. Hang on to that :)

And so exciting you'll be heading home and getting to hold him! I imagine you won't want to put him down for ages.

• Tellette likes this

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#1059 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

Well, he had an incident yesterday, where he stopped breathing while he was being fed. Apparently he hasn't quite coordinated eating and breathing at the same time.
It means he has to stay in nicu an extra week for observation. But the good news is I got to hold him yesterday for the first time since he was taken away. They let us have skin to skin contact and my baby fell deeply asleep almost immediately.
I held him again this morning and he seemed so happy. He even gives us little smiles. It is killing me every time I have to leave him. But doctor said our goal is to get him home by Wednesday or Thursday next week.
I told baby he can never leave my sight again. No sleepovers, no camp, nothing. Poor kid.
They are moving him from incubator to bassinet today, and a lot of his scary wires and tubes are gone. We are making progress. We are so in love with our little miracle baby.

#1060 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

How are things going now, Algae?

#1061 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Fingers crossed he will be coming home Wednesday or Thursday this week! He is currently hooked up to eeg for 24 hours to make sure there is no more seizure activity.
He has been doing really well. Eating a lot, gaining weight.
He is 10 days old today, and I am looking forward to making up for lost time. We are planning to be at home with no visitors for the first week, just to get our family time.
I will post pics on FB soon.
Starting to feel calmer now...

#1062 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

Really happy for you :) And yes - enjoying that first week at home together. (We had planned to do that, but DH decided he had to have his parents here for a visit. It was not good - the timing was terrible, they have terrible baby-visiting manners, etc.) Do exactly what you feel you want and need to do, for your family :)

And enjoy! I don't know how many times DH and I just stare at Simone's face and soak it in.

#1063 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

I agree that alone is best. It's so nice to learn your baby without other voices getting into the mix! Kmfx all goes smooth and that you'll get to go home!

See about me page.

#1064 lisa222

lisa222
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:37 AM

Algae, let us know how you know are getting on! Hopefully you are home now.

#1065 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

Baby Elliot coming home tomorrow!
Eeg normal. We are beyond thrilled. I can't wait to stare at him all day long.

#1066 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Yay! Awesome news!

See about me page.

#1067 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

Yay! Fantastic news :) Congratulations!

#1068 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

How are you doing now at home algae?

Also just wanted to say if anyone wants to join the fb group to just let me know!

See about me page.

#1069 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

We are doing great, thank you. Just getting used to the schedule with feedings, medicine 4x a day, etc.
But he seems to be adjusting and we are loving being together as a family. He is so cute! Our double miracle...

#1070 lisa222

lisa222
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

Well done algae!! Feeding is so hard, really challenging, and takes so much time in the beginning!!

My tiny human is waking from 2-5am each day. Has anyone looked at sleep schedules? I feel like they are a bit rigid, but if anyone has any experience with one I would love to hear about it.

Quandry I would love to join the FB group but I am based in NZ, so nowhere near close to you guys.

#1071 lisa222

lisa222
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Well done algae!! Feeding is so hard, really challenging, and takes so much time in the beginning!!

My tiny human is waking from 2-5am each day. Has anyone looked at sleep schedules? I feel like they are a bit rigid, but if anyone has any experience with one I would love to hear about it.

Quandry I would love to join the FB group but I am based in NZ, so nowhere near close to you guys.

#1072 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

No worries lisa. Anywhere in the world is welcome. I'll send you the link!
  • Mazdagurl5 likes this

See about me page.

#1073 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

Lisa, we feel your pain! Simone's "witching hours" are from midnight to 4am usually. So awake. We aren't trying schedules yet - more just routines. So, we change her, then feed her, then snuggle her for half an hour (we need to keep her mostly upright after feeding and burping because she has some reflux issues). Then, if we're lucky she sleeps for anywhere from an hour to three hours. DH has thought about trying to schedule her, but for now we're relying on the cues of a routine instead.

Glad everyone is happy and doing well with their babies!

#1074 Watermelon

Watermelon
  • Global 100+
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

I am completely out of the loop, but congratulations to everyone. I will read back when I am a little less in a haze.

Our daughter arrived Oct 24th healthy and safe at home. Labour was intense, but fast once active labour hit and I felt so much more in control and calm this time around.
Being at home was wonderful.

We are having our share of postpartum challenges, but know we will get through them in time.
  • Mazdagurl5, yaenaSK and NappyJ like this

Me -29 31- unexplained poor egg quality. I was told I had endometriomas.....but repeat ultrasounds at other clinics have said no sign of endometriomas. Maybe PCOS-like ovaries, but no PCOS - AMH, AFC are great. No one can explain why my eggs are so poor sad.png

DH 30 - severe teratospermia, count and motility are excellent.

May 2014 - 2.5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

June 2014 - IUI with 5mg femara - BFN (ovulated night before)

August 2014 - IVF with ICSI - Antagonist protocol, 150Bravelle, 75 menopur, stimmed 8 days

- 19 follicles (all 15-22mm at trigger), 12 eggs retrieved, 7 mature,, 5 fertilized with ICSIsad.png

- only 7 mature eggs with an estrogen of 20000?! wtf?! Sigh...Freeze All

-only one BB Blast made it. Freeze "all" became "freeze one". All others arrested between day 3 and 4 sad.png

January 2015 - FET of lone embryo - c'mon little figher

- BFP!!! Beta 1 475 at 10dp5dt , Beta 2 - 1495 at 12dp5dt

Baby boy born Sept 28/15

#1075 Mazdagurl5

Mazdagurl5
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts
  • My Clinic:PNWF Seattle Washington

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Lisa please join our group we are from all over the world.
Me 45 DH 33 Sept 1995 healthy DD TTC since 2009 3 IUI's BFN (long stories)Jan 13 2014, 25 DE retrieved 13 eggs fertilized, 10 with ICIS 11 embryos frozen Jan 16 2014 embryo transfer with two 8 cell excellent donor eggs1st beta Jan 28 249 2nd bet Jan 30 438 U/S Feb 18th @7w 3dU/S showed 6w and 115 hr? OB appointment March 5th @9w 3dNo heartbeat or growth M/C March 7th at 9w5d, babe stopped growing at 6w3dLining check May 19/14 11mm lining it's a go! Start progestrone oil shots ouch FET May 23rd transferred 2 blastsJune 2nd beta 2 BFNOnly 7 embies leftFET October 10th! Wow another BFN.After that transferred last remaining embies 2 made it low hcg, started bleeding went to the er saw sac all good. Following week bleed again all good but hcg over 30000 at 6 weeks. U/S 2 days later no heartbeat.Took a long break.June 2016 went to Pacific Northwest Fertility in Seattle Washington to use a donated embryo. FET 1 5day embryo on January 19th 2017, 1st beta 403, 2nd 1170. 1st u/s on February 15th. February 9th started to bleed with clots, went to er beta over 22000 said to follow up with Ob.May 3rd 2017 17.5 weeks today, heart rate 158 going for 20 week scan May23rd, can't wait boy or girl.Update July 6th 2017....it's a girlI have gestational diabetes now will be doing a clinic on the 11th.Due October 7th Being induced September 23rd........updates to come My beautiful daughter Olivia was born at 38 weeks 2 days weighing 6lbs 2oz via c-section on September 25th 2017 at 11:10pm.