1077 replies to this topic

#1026 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

I keep checking in to see if there's any updates. Hopefully no news is good news!

See about me page.

#1027 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Simone Adelara was born this morning at 4:13am. She's gorgeous and perfect :)

Things went a little sideways when we came back to the hospital last night. I was in a ton of pain - admitted at 3-4cm dilated and fully effaced. Asked for an epidural - doctor had trouble getting it in so first she did a spinal block, then got the epidural in. I had the shakes really bad so they watched me - and then baby's HR spiked so they watched her. They called in an OB to check us after midnight - started some oxytocin because they wanted things to speed up so we could get bub delivered sooner. She really started to show signs of distress though and I spiked a fever, so they switched to a super fast emergency c section and had her out in ten minutes. She is in the NICU for a couple of days for observation (she had a little fluid in her lungs and a fever, so they are giving her antibiotics). Just waiting until I can get out of bed and hopefully go visit.

So - a lot of drama and a perfect baby :)
  • Mazdagurl5, Algae and NappyJ like this

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#1028 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

Congrats yaena! Glad to hear you are both safe and being well cared for. Beautiful name too!

See about me page.

#1029 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • My Clinic:New hope

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

Congratulations Yaena! Wonderful to hear your good news.
Sounds stressful but we all love the happy ending!!!

I had a crappy morning here. The baby wasn't moving (again) and I had anxiety. I did everything I could to get him to move but he wasn't having it. We were going to call the doctor and go to hospital when he finally decided to let me know he is alive and well.
Ugh, ruined my day...had to recover from the emotional toll.
Anyway, it's days like these that make me incredibly ready to have the little fellow on the outside...

#1030 Mazdagurl5

Mazdagurl5
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts
  • My Clinic:PNWF Seattle Washington

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Congratulations. Take it easy with the c-section recovery. Sorry to hear she gave you a scare.
Me 45 DH 33 Sept 1995 healthy DD TTC since 2009 3 IUI's BFN (long stories)Jan 13 2014, 25 DE retrieved 13 eggs fertilized, 10 with ICIS 11 embryos frozen Jan 16 2014 embryo transfer with two 8 cell excellent donor eggs1st beta Jan 28 249 2nd bet Jan 30 438 U/S Feb 18th @7w 3dU/S showed 6w and 115 hr? OB appointment March 5th @9w 3dNo heartbeat or growth M/C March 7th at 9w5d, babe stopped growing at 6w3dLining check May 19/14 11mm lining it's a go! Start progestrone oil shots ouch FET May 23rd transferred 2 blastsJune 2nd beta 2 BFNOnly 7 embies leftFET October 10th! Wow another BFN.After that transferred last remaining embies 2 made it low hcg, started bleeding went to the er saw sac all good. Following week bleed again all good but hcg over 30000 at 6 weeks. U/S 2 days later no heartbeat.Took a long break.June 2016 went to Pacific Northwest Fertility in Seattle Washington to use a donated embryo. FET 1 5day embryo on January 19th 2017, 1st beta 403, 2nd 1170. 1st u/s on February 15th. February 9th started to bleed with clots, went to er beta over 22000 said to follow up with Ob.May 3rd 2017 17.5 weeks today, heart rate 158 going for 20 week scan May23rd, can't wait boy or girl.Update July 6th 2017....it's a girlI have gestational diabetes now will be doing a clinic on the 11th.Due October 7th Being induced September 23rd........updates to come My beautiful daughter Olivia was born at 38 weeks 2 days weighing 6lbs 2oz via c-section on September 25th 2017 at 11:10pm.

#1031 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

Algae - I hope your turn comes soon! That sounds so stressful.

Thanks for all the congrats. We are hoping to go home Wednesday. NICU will send her upstairs to be with me tomorrow, when he antibiotics are all done. Likely they will keep us overnight one night to make sure we have feeding established. That part is a struggle now - she has been getting bottles and formula in NICU and we didn’t get any skin to skin time after birth. No milk or even colostrum for me when pumping so I am a little worried we will end up formula feeding.

Mazda - c-sections are a bitch right? I can’t wait to be able to get in and out of bed easily. Or be able to pee in under ten minutes.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#1032 CarolynB2

CarolynB2
  • 43 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hello all! A quick update....

I had a baby girl on October 5th!! Healthy and beautiful! It was a scheduled cesarean and we kept getting bumped for emergencies so it was a very long day. But it all went well. There was no reception in the hospital so calls and updates were difficult to make.

We've named her Sloan. She's perfect. I had difficulty latching her so I've totally destroyed my nipples. It's so painful!! But I'm getting a bit of help with some nipple shields and nipple balm. Wish me luck!

And big time congrats to all the other new moms!

• Algae and NappyJ like this

#1033 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

So if anyone else wants to join the new fb group to stay in touch, just send me a pm with your fb name and I'll send a link to the group.

See about me page.

#1034 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

Congratulations Carolyn!
It's so great to hear of everyone having their little ones.
The names are all great, too.
Breast feeding sounds so stressful, and c-sections sound awful.
Lots to look forward to, haha.
Yaena I hope you recover swiftly and get to breastfeed!

I am still holding on here...baby moving a lot today which is comforting. I can barely walk, some pelvis pain and back pain keeping me from feeling good.
Going to acupuncture tomorrow, trying to get baby to turn his face, he is currently head down, face "sunny side up". Any one with experience in that? Don't want back labor if it can be helped.

#1035 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

Headed to the hospital in the morning. Am bleeding more, and back to bright red. Also having pelvic and vaginal pain (I had no pain within a day or two of delivery). So not happy about this. Dh is having to take one more day off to watch the toddler and be near just in case I need a dnc. (Concerned I may due to the bleeding I had antepartum, as they considered doing one then).

See about me page.

#1036 lisa222

lisa222
  • 66 posts
  • My Clinic:Fertility

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

Hi all, well done on some beautiful babies (also lovely names!)

We are living in a newborn bubble, but I am regularly checking to see how everyone is going.

Algae we had a 'sunny side up' baby, I had to do all sorts of exercises (on all fours, my doctor recommended I scrub the floors!) and luckily he moved around at the last minute. Apparently it happens quite often that they only get themselves in the right position just before birth.

Quandry let us know how you are getting on?

Carolyn my nipples are only finally calming down two weeks on. I have just got a nipple shield for one of them, which is still cracked and sore. I didn't realise breastfeeding would be so hard (or take SO MUCH TIME).

Hope everyone else is tracking along ok

#1037 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

So endometritis confirmed (uterine infection). Maybe with a side of uti (WBC in urine as well)? Anyways waiting on an US to see if I have rpoc. If so then dnc. Also waiting to hear if they'll treat via iv in hospital or send me home. Not too sure yet.

See about me page.

#1038 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Quandry, hope you feel better soon!

I had acupuncture which was very relaxing today, but it was very taxing to get there and back.
Now I am exhausted...
Will do some cat/cow yoga poses later, see if that helps turn baby.

#1039 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

Released with meds! Hurray. No rpoc. Very happy.
  • Algae likes this

See about me page.

#1040 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Baby moved a bit, no longer sunny side up. My hips/back/pelvis in tremendous pain that precludes me walking very much.
Just home from doctor, 1 cm dilated...
Gonna sit on couch and try to get some rest. Whew, end of pregnancy is exhausting.
Need a pool boy to bring me drinks and feed me grapes.

#1041 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

Lol algae... I think we could all use that pool boy. Pass him on when you're done with him.
  • Mazdagurl5 likes this

See about me page.

#1042 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Yes, I will take a pool boy :) Though DH is doing his best.

Algae - hope you get to meet your LO soon. The end of pregnancy really is uncomfortable and painful.

Quandary, so glad that things were able to be managed out of hospital in the end.

We were discharged finally today. It was a really rough night in hospital last night, and has been rough at home today. Stairs are not good post c-section, the incision burns like a mofo, and I am having more bleeding from trying to get around and do more. My milk still hasn't come in, but my nipples are so sore because Simone is trying to cluster feed. When we started trying I really wanted to breastfeed but with all of this happening at once I am getting much closer to just throwing in the towel and going to formula.

May be pretty quiet for a few days - I have hit that hormone dip and am just trying to keep my head above water right now until things level out.

• NappyJ likes this

#1043 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

Yaena that sounds so hard! I cannot imagine. I really hope you get some rest and heal quickly.
And that breastfeeding happens.
And if I had a pool boy, I would send him to Canada.
I do have an elderly cat peeing inappropriately...any takers?

#1044 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

Updates! Edited to add HFLO's news!

YaenaSK - Simone, born on October 8th smile.png 8lbs 0 oz

Mazdagurl - Olivia, born on September 25th smile.png 6lbs 2oz

Gardenia - Due Oct 7

Quandary - Baby boy born September 29 (wasn't sure if it was the 29 or 30, Quandary - please update if it's wrong!)

Lisa - Baby boy born September 27 smile.png

Carolyn - Sloan, born October 5th smile.png

Nurse - Due Oct 15

Algae - Due Oct 20

Nappy - Madelaine Grace, born September 22 smile.png 4lbs7oz

Jane - Due Oct 24

HFLO - Baby boy born October 6 :) 6lbs 7 oz

Watermelon - Due Oct 31

Nurse - any updates from you? I hope you were able to find some relief - either with a baby smile.png or something to take the pain away while you wait.

Carolyn - how is your c-section recovery going? Hope you are healing well.

Mazda - same for you!

Algae - any updates?

Doing better here. Had an absolutely awful day on Thursday. Home nurse visits are standard and she terrified me - thought my incision was swollen and worried me to death, talking about how I should maybe go to the ER. Then she started talking about how she thought Simone had physical issues (something to do with muscles being tight on one side?) that are affecting her ability to feed, and thought the tongue tie hadn't been clipped properly (good god I didn't want to watch my babe have to do that again!). Just issue after issue. I cried all afternoon when she left, because I thought maybe I could have done more movement or exericses that would have put her in the right position for birth, and then there would be no c-section, and blah blah - you know how it goes. DH calmed me down, the OB called to talk to me yesterday and assured me it sounded like alarm bells over nothing (re: the incision), and our family doctor called to request an appointment on Monday to take a look at Simone. Feeling much calmer.

DH has also been amazing, allowing me to get more rest. He takes a shift from around 10pm to 4am, letting me sleep and just waking me to feed her. (Still a little BF and mostly bottle.) Then, I get up at 4 and take over until sometime between 9 and 10am. This will work while he's still off work for the next week, but then we'll need a new strategy. But sleep is AMAZING, and has helped regulate the hormone letdown so I feel calmer and am able to just enjoy being Mom now.

#1045 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Yup. The 29th for us here!

Again if anyone is looking to join our fb group just send me a pm and I'll send the link to the group. It's an innocuous name, but is a closed group for us IFers only!

See about me page.

#1046 Mazdagurl5

Mazdagurl5
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts
  • My Clinic:PNWF Seattle Washington

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Doing much better, had a blocked duct I believe omg it hurt so bad had to massage my boob and put warm compresses on it, it let go yesterday and I feel much better. C-section is all good wound all healed.

Had my "surprise " baby shower yesterday, got a lot of clothes but have to head into town to get the things I really needed lol, and return a few things.

Olivia is a great baby she's 3 weeks today, but not gaining enough weight. I'm freaking out she feeds great poops and pees a lot. I'm not sure what to do. I'm so against formula I don't want to use it as I'm finally confromtable breast feeding. I have another DR appointment Wednesday.

Going to the pumpkin patch today it's rainy here but we will have fun, my daughter, granddaughter, hubby and Olivia, I love doing the 1st'S.

Hope everyone is doing well
Me 45 DH 33 Sept 1995 healthy DD TTC since 2009 3 IUI's BFN (long stories)Jan 13 2014, 25 DE retrieved 13 eggs fertilized, 10 with ICIS 11 embryos frozen Jan 16 2014 embryo transfer with two 8 cell excellent donor eggs1st beta Jan 28 249 2nd bet Jan 30 438 U/S Feb 18th @7w 3dU/S showed 6w and 115 hr? OB appointment March 5th @9w 3dNo heartbeat or growth M/C March 7th at 9w5d, babe stopped growing at 6w3dLining check May 19/14 11mm lining it's a go! Start progestrone oil shots ouch FET May 23rd transferred 2 blastsJune 2nd beta 2 BFNOnly 7 embies leftFET October 10th! Wow another BFN.After that transferred last remaining embies 2 made it low hcg, started bleeding went to the er saw sac all good. Following week bleed again all good but hcg over 30000 at 6 weeks. U/S 2 days later no heartbeat.Took a long break.June 2016 went to Pacific Northwest Fertility in Seattle Washington to use a donated embryo. FET 1 5day embryo on January 19th 2017, 1st beta 403, 2nd 1170. 1st u/s on February 15th. February 9th started to bleed with clots, went to er beta over 22000 said to follow up with Ob.May 3rd 2017 17.5 weeks today, heart rate 158 going for 20 week scan May23rd, can't wait boy or girl.Update July 6th 2017....it's a girlI have gestational diabetes now will be doing a clinic on the 11th.Due October 7th Being induced September 23rd........updates to come My beautiful daughter Olivia was born at 38 weeks 2 days weighing 6lbs 2oz via c-section on September 25th 2017 at 11:10pm.

#1047 HFLO

HFLO
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

Hi everyone, sorry for being MIA. I developed PIH and ended up in the hospital twice for monitoring. They finally decided to induce me on October 2nd and after 5 days of labour, I got to 6 cm and we noticed the baby's heart rate was dipping down. We decided not to take any chances and ended up doing an emergency c section. We had a baby boy on Oct 6th weighing 6lbs 7oz. The cord was wrapped around him twice so I'm thankful we went that route. After delivery, he spent a week in NICU for hypoglycemia and my BP has still been elevated. Besides all that I am so in love! We are home now and the days and nights are a blur but I wouldn't change a thing! I'll try to log on and check in again soon but between feeding baby, pumping, diapering, feeding myself and sleeping - there doesn't seem to be a lot of free time! Hopefully we'll get a routine going soon.

DH: 39 - MF, low motility, low count

Me: 40 - lining issues, hx of polyps and fibroids

TTC since 2008.

Started IVF journey in 2012,3 fresh cycles and 3 FET attempts with first RE resulted in 3 BFNs and 3 cancelled transfers. No BFPs, no chemicals, never even seen a double line on HPT. cry.gif

Changed REs in 2015. Repeated all tests and decided to bank embryos for PGS testing due to history of BFNs. After 3 cycles and PGS testing - finally achieved 2 PGS normal embryos.banana.gifbanana.gif RE suggested ERA testing to determine implantation window.Mock cycle in May 2016 and July 2016, receptive results showing that 7 days of progesterone support required.

FET attempt #1 with new RE- Sept 2016: cancelled due topharmacy med mixup th_agrr.gif

FET attempt #2 with new RE - Nov 2016: cancelled again - lining not trilaminar eusa_wall.gif

FET #3 with new RE - Feb 2017 eusa_pray.gif- suppression check and removed nuvaring on Jan 12th. To start delestrogen injections Jan 16th. Final lining check on Feb 1st - got the green light to transfer finally!!yahoo.gifFeb 7th transferred one5bb euploid embryo, beta scheduled for Feb 21st.eusa_pray.gifSymptoms: strong sense of smell, very tired, tugging/pulling/small cramps, sore breasts, and heartburn. Caved and POAS at 4.5dpt and saw 2 lines for the very first time in my life, POAS every dayuntilsecond line was darker thancontrol!th_acheerlead.gif. Asked clinic to move up beta. First beta 9dp5dt=110; Second beta 11dp5dt=269; Third beta 13dp5dt=685. Ultrasound scheduled for March 3rd eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

Due Oct 26, 2017!!!

#1048 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

Congrats HFLO! As another emergency c-section and NICU mom - take care of yourself. Those are scary moments, but I am so glad you are both home and doing well now.

Enjoy the blur :)

#1049 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Congrats hflo! Kmfx your bp comes down.

See about me page.

#1050 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Nurse, Algae, Watermelon -

How are you all doing?