#1 GardeniaD

GardeniaD
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:IVF1 Edm RFC; FET2/3 PCRM; FET4 Edm PCRM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:21 PM

Hello, 

Of course it is too early and I am very nervous about my BFP. But as I need to connect with others in the same time frame, I thought of creating this thread. 

According to this website's due date calculator, I should be 4w5d today and due Oct.7.

My betas were good but the symptoms come and go. 2 days now, nothing.

I have not booked an u/s yet and looking for a dr in my area. I will do an external u/s so we will have to wait even more. 

Anyone just got their BFP and due Oc? 

Best wishes,

G

Me: 39 | DH: 39 | DD 3yr from FET3

TTC: 2008

DH - MFI only in morphology in 2011 it was 1% (they look for anything above 4%). 

Me - healthy except for irregular AF / on thyroid medication. 

For full signature details see my profile.

FET4

Jan 19, 2017: transfered our last 2 frosties 4AA and 4AB 

Jan 24: 5dp5dt BFP on HPT, darker next 2 days then lighter before beta.

Jan 28: 9dp5dt 1st beta 347 / 11dp5dt 2nd beta 898

March 1: external u/s showed baby measuring on track 8w4d hb 172 bpm.  

#2 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

Hi G - Like you, I was going to start this thread but was so nervous because it is early. By the website calculator, I'm due October 5th :)

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#3 GardeniaD

GardeniaD
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

Yay. Finally speaking to someone like me.

It is so hard with no one knowing what you are going through around. 

Are you having an u/s?

DH - MFI only in morphology in 2011 it was 1% (they look for anything above 4%). 

FET4

#4 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

SO hard! Have you told any friends or family? We've shared with a few (we decided we would share with those we would want to lean on if things went wrong at some point) - but I am dying to scream it from the roof. Our first U/S is booked for the 16th.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#5 GardeniaD

GardeniaD
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

Nice. Good idea. I have only one person who knows but I can't talk to her about bits of daily worries like we do here.

Parents we decided not to tell until later as they keep asking and staring, etc. hahaha

Today I am feeling no symptoms at all so I might be changing my mind about the u/s.

Initially I did not want to do internal u/s because I am terrified of anything going inside me at this stage from a previous u/s experience.  

Problem is the heart beat can't be detected until 10 w I think for external u/s. 

What do you feel at this stage? 

FET4

#6 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

I haven't felt a lot - a little bit of nausea yesterday, and I am exhausted - but that seems to be getting a tiny bit better now that I have started doing a "pregnancy workout" every morning. (It's only about 20-25 minutes, designed to be gentle enough for all three trimesters). I used to love working out but am so scared to do any hard exercise now.

I hear you on the looks and staring. None of my family is in the same province as me, but I have a cousin who tries every single day to get me to tell her. Even after I said I wouldn't say a word, regardless of our IVF outcome, until three months later. It gets really annoying - I mean, don't people realize that this is like any pregnancy in the risks? Why do I want to tell tons of people, only to worry I would then have to tell every last one of them if I miscarry? Even telling a couple of people would be miserable.

I am looking forward to our ultrasound. I've heard they can see the heartbeat, even if it can't be heard, with the internal ultrasound. I am not too concerned about it being invasive - we're cleared for sex (we haven't though - DH is too freaked out by the Crinone). And of course, yeah, I already have to insert Crinone every day, and then I have to clear it out every few days too. I feel like my body is plenty invaded already. Speaking of the Crinone - I had my first major pregnancy panic on Wednesday. I realized as I went to do my Crinone for the day that I had forgotten to do it the day before - so 48 hours without any progesterone. I freaked out, googled it and read a dip in progesterone can cause a miscarriage, and started thinking about how my mistake was going to take away my baby. I took the day off worked and cried all morning until my clinic called me back and basically told me to chill out - she said I'd be fine, that the body is already producing its own progesterone, and forgetting a day was no big deal. I've set a cell phone alarm to remind me from now on though.

#7 GardeniaD

GardeniaD
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:18 PM

Hey there, 

So nice that you are actually finding a pregnancy alternative to working out. I will look into this. Frankly as of recently I have not been the most fit person but sort of move around a lot and always on the go.

Yes, exactly about people and telling early on. The only person I used to tell in my previous rounds was my mom who passed away 2 years ago. So this time, I felt like telling no family or relatives. Only one older lady at my work as she was a witness for papers. She does not interfere at all and serves as mother figure somehow. I love her and will tell her soon about the result.  

That was certainly a fright you had there. I would loose my mind as well. Good to know it was not a big deal and body handles it naturally. I always found it hard when they tell you to stop taking Crinone and Estrace. Feels like I am stopping lifeline for baby. 

By the way I too take same. Crinone and Estrace twice daily. Crinone is vag.applicator too. The reason I am not so comfortable with internal u/s is not being violated. My body, like yours, has been subjected to so many tests and ins and outs. It is not violating the baby space. This might not be scientific at all. But I feel why poke inside where baby is snuggling. Soon I will see it from outside u/s. Now these are my thoughts only, not based on any science. My first IVF pregnancy with twins I had m/c a day or 2 after internal u/s and having sex. Coincidence; yet, you know the power of association in the mind. I just hope I will be able to wait till 10 weeks or so. 

My symptoms by the way are a bit more but still some days they disappear. I do POS every other day to check color is not getting lighter. :-|

Hope you are doing well.  

FET4

#8 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

Ha! I POAS every few days too. I am paranoid but have no reason to be right now.

Nausea is starting to get bad for me. And the exhaustion. Holy crap the exhaustion. I gave up on that workout until it is a little better - hoping to maybe have the energy to hop on the elliptical or treadmill for a walk after work, but most days I would rather take a nap. I am worried about the nausea and getting enough protein too - all I want to eat are bland things like crackers, but know I need to force in protein too.

I completely understand your feelings on the ultrasound, especially given what happened in the past. I don't think I would choose to have it either. It's all about doing what we can, and what's right for us.

#9 wannabemummy

wannabemummy
  • 30 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

Hi everyone, congrats on your BFPs!  Another milestone behind us!

I calculated I will be due early October too!  Had my first u/s yesterday and they saw a g-sac and y-sac (its really early though only 5w1d).  Going back in 2 weeks for another u/s to hopefully see the little bean and a flickering heart.  I had high hcg, last beta was over 3500 the day before the u/s.

It will be a long 2 weeks!  My last pg we didn't see a fetal pole or heartbeat at 6 weeks, so I think I'm traumatized by it and every time I don't feel as tired or my boobs don't hurt as much i start freaking out.  I know that symptoms come and go... I'm hoping they kick in full speed soon!  We did DE so hopefully that will be the difference maker this time.

Will update after the next u/s.

• yaenaSK likes this
Me ( 42 ): Endometriosis, DORDH ( 45 ) 3-4 rounds of IUI: all BFN before moving to IVF IVF#1 (2012) - 5DT cancelled due to nothing making it to day 5.  IVF#2 (May 2013) - 3DT 3 embryos. BFPBeta #1 - around 200, Beta #2 - around 400U/S #1 - 6 weeks (1 G-sac measuring 5 weeks 4 days)U/S #2 - 7 weeks (no growth since last U/S)Progesterone stopped - natural M/C a week later IVF#3 (Oct 2013) - 3DT 2 or 3 embryos. BFN IVF #4 (2014) - 3DT 2 or 3 embryos. BFN Took 2 year break before moving to DE DE IVF #5 (2017) - 5DT grade 5ba hatching blast. BFPBeta #1 - around 1500 (14dp5dt), Beta #2 - around 3700 (16dp5dt)U/S #1 - 5 weeks (G-sac and Y-sac measuring 5 weeks 2 days)U/S #2 - 7 weeks (No hb, small fetal pole)U/S #3 - 9 weeks (no hb, no fetal growth)... devastedProgesterone stopped - natural M/C 2 weeks later DE IVF #6 (2017) - FET planned for grade 5bb hatching blast
BFP beta #1 (14dp5dt) beta #2 (16dp5dt)
U/S #1 7w1d measured 5w6d hb 96 bpm
U/S #2 8w3d measured 6w2d hb absent

#10 CarolynB2

CarolynB2
  • 43 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

Hi! I'm due October 11th and am now 5w1d. I'm paranoid I'm going to lose this little embryo but I get a lot of cramping (no blood) so I'm taking this as a positive. My breasts are sooooo sore, a bit of nausea and I'm just so tired. I'm not sure how much of that is progesterone or estrogen (supplement) influenced. My u/s is booked for Feb 24th so I'm holding on until then. I've told exactly two people and they're not super close friends or anything but I'm around them a lot so they knew I was feeling a bit sick.

I'm grateful for this little group. I read these threads (have read them for years) as we continued to try. This is our 5th round of IVF and we did 2 rounds of IUI before that. I think this was our last effort as I'm getting pretty old (41). This is the furthest we've gotten!

So, so excited!

#11 lisa222

lisa222
  • 66 posts
  • My Clinic:Fertility

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:13 AM

Hi ladies! 

Moving from the IVF board to the due date board is the best! We are due October 10th (or near there). Just a single transfer. 

I am feeling so tired - I teach 7 year olds and while my job normally needs  lot of energy, this is next level! I just came home from school and had a 2 hour nap today! I have the sorest boobs, and think I will need a new bra soon, I feel like they are being caged at the moment. I also have a really big tummy still from the IVF so my normal clothes still don't fit. And I am ravenously hungry - like SO ridiculously hungry. My MIL told me not to eat too much or I'll get fat, so the advice has already started rolling in.... icon_speech_sigh.gif

Super excited and glad someone to have an October board - can't wait for the next 8 months!! 

#12 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

Welcome to the gang Lisa :) How are you feeling these days? Did the swelling go down from the IVF? (I remember you were pretty uncomfortable.) Ha - I spent the first week after my BFP storing up food for winter like an animal about to hibernate. I put on about 3lbs that week - but now that nausea is hitting and food is my enemy, it has all fallen off again.

Welcome carolyn and wannabemummy! Wannabemummy - your previous experience must make this all so much more nerve wracking, I can't even imagine. Do you have any tricks or things you are doing to help ease your nerves?

And Carolyn - I relate so much. I am also terrified that this little bean is not going to stick. I have cramped a lot too - I actually had a few really sharp, painful ones the other night (they had me doubled over). I was all set to rush to the hospital. I promised myself, though, that unless they lasted for awhile, or I saw blood (or had some other warning sign) I was going to wait it out for the U/S on the 16th. So far so good on that front.

AFM - nausea has joined the party, off and on. While it's not fun it does make me feel a little more confident that this is real. I have been making myself super careful, healthy lunches this week and handed today's over to DH. It is a diet of yoghurt, saltines and ginger ale for me today, at least until this passes. Just the thought of a chicken breast makes me heave a little. Still exhausted - going to bed at 7:30 most nights. Having terrible dreams though - can that be a hormonal thing?

#13 wannabemummy

wannabemummy
  • 30 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:16 AM

Hi yaenaSK,

Yes it is nerve wrecking, I keep looking for 'symptoms' to help me feel pg.   Yesterday I felt too 'good', less bb soreness, less hungry, less tired but they day before I had dizzy spells so not sure if some new symptoms come and some go?  I also felt not pg the day before I got BFP or when I went for my second beta and was scared it probably didn't double, but it did.  I started loosing my mind yesterday and had terrible nightmares last night maybe from the progesterone.  My dh keeps telling me that all we can do is be positive and is our time.  I'm trying to see it as god's plan and if it is a strong little bean then it will grow no matter what happens (like the weeds you see growing out of the concrete on the highway, kind of a crude comparison but nature will prevale if it's meant to be).  I have read about women getting so sick etc. and I haven't gotten really that way yet, only mild nauseating feeling in the mornings or when I haven't eaten for a few hours.  I'm not a regular poster but I thought this might be a good way to vent or rant about my worries without driving my dh mad or feeling like I'm just being crazy talking to the few people that know who have never gone through something like this.  I will try to enjoy my TGIF today and have a nice weekend, we are having an early Valentine's dinner.  Debating if I should POAS... maybe that would just push me over the edge!

Me ( 42 ): Endometriosis, DORDH ( 45 ) 3-4 rounds of IUI: all BFN before moving to IVF IVF#1 (2012) - 5DT cancelled due to nothing making it to day 5.  IVF#2 (May 2013) - 3DT 3 embryos. BFPBeta #1 - around 200, Beta #2 - around 400U/S #1 - 6 weeks (1 G-sac measuring 5 weeks 4 days)U/S #2 - 7 weeks (no growth since last U/S)Progesterone stopped - natural M/C a week later IVF#3 (Oct 2013) - 3DT 2 or 3 embryos. BFN IVF #4 (2014) - 3DT 2 or 3 embryos. BFN Took 2 year break before moving to DE DE IVF #5 (2017) - 5DT grade 5ba hatching blast. BFPBeta #1 - around 1500 (14dp5dt), Beta #2 - around 3700 (16dp5dt)U/S #1 - 5 weeks (G-sac and Y-sac measuring 5 weeks 2 days)U/S #2 - 7 weeks (No hb, small fetal pole)U/S #3 - 9 weeks (no hb, no fetal growth)... devastedProgesterone stopped - natural M/C 2 weeks later DE IVF #6 (2017) - FET planned for grade 5bb hatching blast
BFP beta #1 (14dp5dt) beta #2 (16dp5dt)
U/S #1 7w1d measured 5w6d hb 96 bpm
U/S #2 8w3d measured 6w2d hb absent

#14 CarolynB2

CarolynB2
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hey wannabemummy,

I can totally relate! My cramps and nausea are all but gone this morning so I'm in panic mode as well. My DH is saying the same as yours. All we can do is wait for our u/s. But we're here for you! We're in the same boat and we understand.

#15 GardeniaD

GardeniaD
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

Hello all, so glad we are getting more. The more the merrier! 

Good luck to all of you and best on your coming u/s!

AFM - Nausea is getting worse. I almost cannot hide it. 2 people around us already made baby references twice and I ignored it. My face is swollen and flushed red all time. Since the nausea started being more regular I stopped POSing every other day as I am getting reassurance. I cannot stand certain smells like perfumes and coffee. Very picky eating and will have to go shopping for crackers, cheeses and yogurts. Ginger-ale seems to help and almonds help with heartburn. I have cramps and back pain sometimes. Not severe. Still no dr and no appointment for u/s. My fertility clinic said they don't do external one (my preference is external) and that it is usually around 12w. I will research drs and pick one to be mine. In my first appointment I will ask his/her opinion about the earliest we can do external u/s.

FET4

#16 GardeniaD

GardeniaD
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

Hello again, I took the liberty to create this list so new members know where each of us at instead of reading back long pages, especially when there are pages in the coming weeks. We will keep adding and editing accordingly with updates. It is by order of appearance on this thread. Correct it if anything needs editing: 

GardeniaD: EDD 7/10/2017 - hcg done - will do external u/s around 12w

yaenaSK: EDD - EDD 5/10/2017 - hcg done - waiting 1st u/s 

wannabemummy: EDD early Oct 2017 - hcg done - waiting 2nd u/s to see hb

CarolynB2 - EDD 11/10/2017 - hcg done- waiting 1st u/s 24/2/2017 

lisa222 - EDD 11/10/2017 - hcg done - waiting first u/s 

• CarolynB2 likes this

FET4

#17 Jane31

Jane31
  • Global 100+
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hi all,

I just got a BFP today on HPT at 6dp5dt! So excited, but nervous at this early stage, for the same reasons as some of you have mentioned. I partly want to tell everyone I know, and I partly want to keep it to myself. I will have my beta on Valentine's Day! Have been experiencing nausea on and off, which is a bit earlier than last PG, when it showed up at approx 13dp5dt. I'll be asking my RE for the prego-friendly anti-nausea meds for sure. Also ordered some ginger chews, and will pick up some saltines Monday! Yay!
Me: 34 DH: 42. TTC since March 2011.
IVF #1 Modified "natural" IVF with ICSI in Jan 2014. Egg fertilized, but embryo abnormal (3PN). Cycle cancelled.
IVF #2 Second modified "natural" IVF with ICSI in Feb 2014. Egg failed to properly fertilize. Cycle cancelled.
IVF #3 Started a traditional ivf cycle on April 10, 2014
FET - June 2014 - BFP!
Our girl is born = March 2015

IVF#4 - TTC a sibling
Fresh transfer - BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt!

#18 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Welcome to the group Jane! (And welcome to the nausea - haha.) Ginger chews are so great. I also have some of these things now called "Preggie Pop Drops" and they are great! I read about them on The Bump.

And wannabemummy - I have to laugh when you were thinking you might POAS just to reassure yourself. I had a couple of cheapos left after my second beta, so that is exactly what I did off and on last week! I really wish I had one or two more to get me to Thursday's U/S!

For others - when you get handed off from your RE, will you be seeing an OBGYN or a family doctor? I am going back and forth on this one (if I get a choice).

#19 Sundance

Sundance
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

Heeeelllooo Everyone!

I'm a newbie to this website. I've read quite a lot of the forums when I was going through my ivf cycle but have only just joined up. I took my pregnancy test on Sunday (after being sure that my cycle had failed) and it came back positive. It's still early early early days and I know I have to wait to see whether there's a heart beat etc but I can't help being excited!  If everything goes according to plan I'm supposed to be due on 15 October (according to the IVF calculator).

I can't stop eating berries or mentos mints...I've never eaten mentos mints like they're going out of fashion but I keep eating packets with regularity...which I'll have to stop!. Surely it must be too early for any of the cravings? I thought cravings and nausea were supposed to start at 6 weeks and I'd only be 3 or 4 weeks pregnant. 

How are all of you feeling????

xxxx

#20 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • My Clinic:New hope

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and happy to be here. After almost 4 years of ivf and more than 25 retrievals, we transferred our first frozen embryo Feb 1st and I got my bfp 7 days later. Due October 21st if the calculator is correct!
By the way I am 44 years old and this will be our first child.
I am feeling all of the feelings...definitely scared of miscarriage. But we have beaten all of the odds thus far and i am planning to continue!
I am happy to have a group of women in the same boat. congratulations to us all! I am trying my best to enjoy every moment.
  • Jane31 likes this

#21 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

Welcome and congratulations Algae and Sundance! Yay for BFP!

Sundance - I felt like I had cravings earlier than 6 weeks - I would think I absolutely had to have a specific food (and of course, by the time I got to it it would be the grossest thing ever). That was probably around 4-5 weeks in. Now, at 6.5 weeks, food is a terrible chore until mid-afternoon. Enjoy the cravings while they last!

Algae - I am so happy for you :) :) I too feel nervous, being a "geriatric pregnancy" and all - but am determined to work at living in each moment and appreciating them.

#22 Algae

Algae
  • Global 100+
  • 144 posts
  • My Clinic:New hope

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hi
I was pretty sure I was pregnant because I had a splitting headache and nausea 5 days after FET. It was that plus major cramping and no period. I was also craving sweets which is unusual.
I feel a little bit nauseated a lot of the time, my boobs are sore, and there is a tightness in my abdomen most of the time. And tired! sleeping a lot, and resting as much as possible.
I go back to the clinic Friday for a third blood test. I feel a bit cast off by them...no contact aside from blood work and instructions to continue estrace and progesterone.
I found an OB and will start seeing her before I stop going to clinic just to get some perspective...

#23 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

I hear ya on feeling cast off. The last call I had with them (confirming the second beta and scheduling my U/S) the nurse told me to contact them anytime until the U/S with questions. I've been trying to reach them all day today to request a thyroid check (I am hypo, and haven't had my levels checked since about 6 weeks before starting IVF - and it was barely low enough for IVF then). I'm showing a few symptoms of  it being high, but no answer at the clinic. All day. Had to email finally, and of course - no response yet. It is so frustrating - kind of like a "Wham, Bam, Thank you Maam" (only with IVF instead of a guy!).

#24 CarolynB2

CarolynB2
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

So. A few new symptoms:

• getting full easily. I have to eat super small meals and around 5 of them a day.
  • Some spotting (pinky-brown) not too concerned unless it's red
  • feeling queasy (no vomiting yet)
  • Back and forth between explosive diarrhea and constipation (sorry if TMI but thought it might be helpful for others??)

Algae - I'm 41 and pregnant for the first time too. My u/s is Feb 24th but I think I want to tell my mother and sister this week at 6w so that I can share some good news. I'm so tired of sharing failures (we've been doing ivf for 4 years too). I mean, what if my u/s shows there's no heartbeat? I really want a little bit of happiness.

#25 CarolynB2

CarolynB2
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

Hello again, I took the liberty to create this list so new members know where each of us at instead of reading back long pages, especially when there are pages in the coming weeks. We will keep adding and editing accordingly with updates. It is by order of appearance on this thread. Correct it if anything needs editing: 

GardeniaD: EDD 7/10/2017 - hcg done - will do external u/s around 12w

yaenaSK: EDD - EDD 5/10/2017 - hcg done - waiting 1st u/s 

wannabemummy: EDD early Oct 2017 - hcg done - waiting 2nd u/s to see hb

CarolynB2 - EDD 11/10/2017 - hcg done- waiting 1st u/s 24/2/2017 

lisa222 - EDD 11/10/2017 - hcg done - waiting first u/s 

Thanks GardeniaD! This is very comforting to know I'm in good company. :)

• GardeniaD likes this