• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dreams2Miracles

Dreams2Miracles
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

My amazing SIL has offered to be our surrogate. We have gone to the fertility clinic and had all the needed tests etc. done there , now we have been transferred to the IVF clinic. I'm just wondering what the process is after this. Everything is so unknown, how soon after you meet for your consult do things start taking place. I know you have to see lawyers and have talks with therapists but just generally speaking how long is it until you're actually doing the first transfer . I find it so hard just to get a general idea. So if someone could give me just a general timeline of things that would be awesome to ease my wondering mind .

#2 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Timelines vary greatly from clinic to clinic.  Check out clinic chat and see if you can ask for your specific clinic.

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#3 Dreams2Miracles

Dreams2Miracles
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Ok will try that. Thank you Amp 77

#4 Fuelgirl

Fuelgirl

Fuelgirl

• Global 100+
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Becoming a parent, travelling and sharing my knowledge to help others in their journey.
  • Dx:Other

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:50 AM

We had a donor offer eggs, and after the paperwork, testing and psychological consult and review, the syncing of cycles started within 3 months. In your case, the clinic may want her on birth control for 2 or 3 months, then sync up the retrieval to her starting medication. Hopefully it won't be long until things actually start for you! Wishing you well!

March 2011
IVF #1 BFP....5 week u/s found no embryos in sac - medicated miscarriage @ 6 weeks
Oct 2011
FET: BFN
Jan 2012
IVF #2 BFN

April 2012: Adoption Options application and seminar

Jan 2014: AO file renewed for year 2

March 2014: Looking for our donor

April 9 2014: Dr. Hudson at VFC feels I can carry if I follow a wheat-free diet, lose more weight, and all our tests come back normal. Will see how things go, and think we have found an egg donor!

Sept 29: start BCP, Preg Vit 5, Iron, Greens from It Works (I am a Distributor :)

Oct 17: Depo Lupron Shot, continue bcp, prenatal etc.

Oct 24: Last bcp, period should start in next 4 days

Oct 29 Blood test (Estradol and progesterone)

Oct 31 Start Estrace and 81mg aspirin

13 Nov - fly to Victoria with donor

14 Nov - base line u/s and bw, both of us.

week of 20th retrieval/transfer

#5 Dreams2Miracles

Dreams2Miracles
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Thank you so much, it seems like such a wait not knowing what's next. I just want something to start so I can actually say... " we're doing this " it's so exciting but so scary also.