2 replies to this topic

#1 myIVFjourney

myIVFjourney
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

Hi everyone,

It is great that I can talk and chat with the girls and ladies with the same issues and sharing our information. Today I was in the Clinic and I bought lots of needle for injection. I was so upset when I saw too much of needles. I just started to cry and cry. I wanted to know is there anybody here with this experience and if there is, could you please let me now what can I do to be prepare for the Ivf, which kind of foods can increase the chance of pregnancy? I would be appreciate for any kind of advice and recommendation that can help me to pass this duration and be successful.

Thank you so much 

good luck to all of you.

#2 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

HI IVFjourney

I think the needles overwhelm us all to start. There are some great videos on YouTube and the ladies here would be happy to provide some pointers.

I think you'll find a variety of opinions on what a person can do to "increase" their chances...at the end of the day...it takes some science and some luck. There is no hard evidence, save perhaps acupuncture, that anything makes a palpable difference. Just my two cents...but if it feels good and gives you piece of mind...go for it!

Best of luck to you!
  • lumnay likes this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#3 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3256 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

Welcome to the group. Your best support can be in the cycle buddies thread for IVF in January found here:

https://ivf.ca/forums...-5#entry2310065

On our journeys of infertility we all want a sense of control. We all want a happy ending and have some way of influencing it. The best that you can do for yourself is to take it one step at a time and don't get yourself all overwhelmed with what you should or should not do. Honestly if there was some real way to influence this journey with things to do, we would all do it and have a baby in our arms.

It is a difficult journey and I hope you find you learn a lot by sharing this journey with others on this forum like I have.
  • lumnay likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ivf, Injection, needle, nutrition, health