• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abc123

abc123
  • 53 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hi,

I'm brand new to fertility clinics and this is my first post. I was hoping someone could give me a rough idea how the timeline works? My doctor just put in my referral to UBC this week.

My questions are:

1. How long did you have to wait for someone to contact you to make the first appointment?
2. How long did you wait for your first appointment after that?
3. How soon can you do IVF after your 1st appointment (considering cycle co-operates)?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
TTC since Apr 2006
Unexplained
5 IUI + Clomid = BFN
IVF#1 = BFN

IVF#2 = BFN
FET#1 = BFP!!!
EDD Sep 2012

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

Hi,

I'm brand new to fertility clinics and this is my first post. I was hoping someone could give me a rough idea how the timeline works? My doctor just put in my referral to UBC this week.

My questions are:

1. How long did you have to wait for someone to contact you to make the first appointment?
2. How long did you wait for your first appointment after that?
3. How soon can you do IVF after your 1st appointment (considering cycle co-operates)?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there - you could always give the clinic a call in a few days or a week or so if you don't hear.... I didn't go to UBC (went to Genesis) but was told by referring doctor's office I could call the clinic in a week to find out about appt if I didn't hear back. Good luck.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:22 PM

hi and welcome!
i'm at ubc and like the clinic dispite my bfn's!
I think i waited maybe 2 weeks from my referral date and maybe 2 weeks to meet with the gp. After that i started my first IUI quite quickly, actually my visit with the nurse for training was my day 1 of cycle so i started right away.
good luck!
nire