Want to talk about donor eggs? - Research and Clinical Trials - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

Want to talk about donor eggs?

donor eggs frozen eggs fresh eggs research travel for donor eggs compensation for eggs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 researchcbrc

researchcbrc
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

Hi all,

I am talking to people in Canada who have used donor eggs. Currently, the Canadian government is reconsidering the rules around compensation and I'm hoping my research will be able to provide some information/perspective from patients who have used donor eggs. In order to do this, however, I need to hear from people like you who have navigated the Canadian system to find donor eggs. I am also interested in talking to people who have decided to go abroad for donor eggs. So let your voices be heard. 

Don't worry all of your information will remain confidential. This means that I won't share any of your personal identifying information with anyone. In fact, I'm required to remove anything that will identify you. The McGill Ethics Board has approved my study and has helped me put in place safety guards to ensure your privacy.

The research will also be used to help me complete my doctoral degree in sociology at McGill University. 

Please feel free to message me here or email me at [email protected] You can also call me at 514-559-7593.

#2 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:45 PM

#3 GabyP

GabyP
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • My Clinic:Interafertility

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:15 AM

I used donor eggs from Mexico and it was easy, and a perfect experience and out of 6 eggs, 4 were perfect and one turned into my miracle.

• TryinginTO likes this

#4 north

north
  • Global 100+
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

Hi there,
I might be interested and suspect others might be as well. Can you provide some more info first on what your topic is?
Thanks,
north

Hi all,

I am talking to people in Canada who have used donor eggs. Currently, the Canadian government is reconsidering the rules around compensation and I'm hoping my research will be able to provide some information/perspective from patients who have used donor eggs. In order to do this, however, I need to hear from people like you who have navigated the Canadian system to find donor eggs. I am also interested in talking to people who have decided to go abroad for donor eggs. So let your voices be heard. 

Don't worry all of your information will remain confidential. This means that I won't share any of your personal identifying information with anyone. In fact, I'm required to remove anything that will identify you. The McGill Ethics Board has approved my study and has helped me put in place safety guards to ensure your privacy.

The research will also be used to help me complete my doctoral degree in sociology at McGill University. 

Please feel free to message me here or email me at [email protected] You can also call me at 514-559-7593.

• researchcbrc likes this

#5 researchcbrc

researchcbrc
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hi North,

I am looking at how Canada's regulations surrounding egg donation affects people's abilities to find donor eggs. I'm looking to interview people who travel for egg donation, people who stay in Canada and use a known or anonymous donor, and people who use frozen donor eggs. Additionally, I am interested in interviewing people who could not find or decided not to pursue donor eggs. 

If you or anyone is interested, I can set up a phone interview with you. I am really interested in hearing the voice of Canadian fertility patients so it would be great if you could share :) 

Skye

• north likes this

#6 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

Hi Guys,

I spoke to Skye today.

It was an easy conversation telling her about my journey and letting her know what I think about the process, the law and how I would like to see the system changed.

I highly recommend taking the hour to chat with her.  We need to have our voices heard as intended parents so that the new system is fair for everyone involved.

idream

• north and researchcbrc like this

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do

#7 FMandAM

FMandAM
  • Global 100+
  • 155 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:OFC in Canada, Reprogenesis in the CR

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old post but I spoke to Skye yesterday and wanted to ditto everything that idream said!

• researchcbrc likes this

DE IVF overseas in Jan 2017 = BFN with no frosties

DE IVF overseas in July 2017 = ET cancelled because of poor lining, DH went without me and we froze both blasts that made it to day 5.

Mock cycle in August 2017 = by George I think we've got it! Lining responded well to a new protocol, FET scheduled for September 2017.

FET overseas September 2017 = cancelled due to poor lining. This is getting really frustrating now. Change of protocol again.

FET overseas October 2017 = cancelled due to poor lining.

FET overseas November 2017 = tried doing a natural cycle FET but a surprise O on CD6 cancelled those plans.

FET overseas December 2017 = natural cycle FET cancelled, again due to an early O (CD10) and thin lining.

FET overseas January 2018 = cancelled due to a 31mm cyst on left ovary.

FET overseas March 2018 = lining reached 6.4mm on a combo of pentoxifylline, estradiol valerate injections and Estrace. Trilaminar so despite being a bit thin the doctor said let's go. Flew solo to the CR for the transfer and found out my lining had grown to 7.4mm between my last u/s and the transfer date! Woohoo, go me! BFN 12dp5dt.

FET overseas May 2018 = lining reached 6mm on low-dose Gonal-F and the doctor insisted on going ahead with the transfer, despite there being no dominant follicle yet so there was no chance I would ovulate. On transfer day my lining was a disappointing 7.1mm. Transferred our last frostie (5AB hatching blast) on May 25, BFN on 13dp5dt.

Nothing left in the freezer, the bank account or the emotional reserves; this is the end of the pregnancy road for us.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: donor eggs, frozen eggs, fresh eggs, research, travel for donor eggs, compensation for eggs