3 replies to this topic

#1 Pritangel

Pritangel
  • 70 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:08 PM

Hi Ladies, 

If you have someone willing to donate their eggs, what's the protocol or procedure? 

What are the things you need to know about the donor and what are the expenses ? 

Failed IUI March 2016

Starting IVF, October 2016

October 4 Stims: 300 units of Gonal F, 150 Menopur

October 10: Cetrotite 

October 16: Decapteyl

October 18: Egg Retireval, 26 eggs

October 19: Day 1, 12 matured, 7 fertilized 

October 24: End of IVF, none fertilized due to lot of fragmentation. **** INFERTILITY.

#2 foxymama

foxymama
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Not sure

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:28 PM

I think it depends on your clinic.

When we looked at it, the donor had to have bloodwork done, and go through orientation, and counselling both alone and with us.

I'm not 100% sure though - we had 3 potential egg donors and they all backed out before we could get far.

Good luck!!

A short history of why I have one partially-working-lonely-remaining-ovary in About Me.

32 YO with DOR.  Moving on to DE IVF fall 2016!

#3 jason081

jason081
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

foxymama--have you donated before?

#4 Hollyfly

Hollyfly
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:https://youtu.be/Ib8LA3VOAO8
    https://youtu.be/gdZfd4FP2z0
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:29 PM

Hey
I have donated my eggs 3 times. I'm actually going into retrieval for my 3rd tomorrow morning
I have done two with little miracles and one independent.
First the screening of the donor stds and drugs or alcohol.
When the results come back the counselling for the intended parents and the egg donor begin (mandatory now clinic wont take you on if you don't)
The syncing of cycles begin with birth control... the egg donor has to first be a month off of all birth control for a natural bleed to prevent suppression of egg development for the synced cycle to be.
Syncing is not always needed the cycle can be frozen after retrieval it depends on your preferences.
After the sync the donor will bleed for 7 days straight.
By this time The legal paper should be ready to sign by all parties is the intended parents responsibility for this because starting the stimulating drugs would start on the 8th day.
(Menopur, puregon or gonal-f on the 6th day average start orgalutran and the grand finally 36 hours before retrieval Lupron)
The daily injections are normally for 10 days

I would budget between 5k-6k because that's the average in Vancouver by where I live for egg donor reimbursement.
A month of from work is included in that for paying wage union dues, short term , long term disability fees all the things the donor pays for if they were not donating needs to be replaced.
My current cycle came too $6100 but in the legal contract the paper work has a cap and expectation of $6000
When your wage per month is close too $4k it adds up real quick especially if you have to stay in a hotel half way across Canada taxis etc. (Expect replacement of wage for significant other for a couple days for them to tend to your egg donor after retrieval)
All this usually wraps up within 3 months front start to finish
That is my experience 🙂
  • CalgaryEggDonor likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donor Eggs