Is anyone going to have IVF at PCRM?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PAPAKUMA

PAPAKUMA
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

Is there anyone planning to have IVF at PCRM soon?  I would really love to make new friends here to talk about it together as I am planning to get my IVF started at PCRM too. eusa_think.gif  Pretty nervous........

• yiutopia and ETA like this

#2 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

You can join a cycle buddies thread and get support from others cycling the same month :)

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#3 Dec16

Dec16
  • 45 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM- Edmonton

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

We will be starting this process in late march/april at PCRM Edmonton. :)

• ETA likes this

#4 ETA

ETA
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:PCRM EDMONTON

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:26 PM

Hello,

I'm starting IVF at PCRM in Jan 2017. First time..also really nervous! Are you in Burnaby or Edmonton?

#5 csbd

csbd
  • 40 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmonton

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

I thought I already posted here but I guess not! Gone through all our tests except one and hoping to start this March or April in Edmonton.

#6 PAPAKUMA

PAPAKUMA
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

Hello,

I'm starting IVF at PCRM in Jan 2017. First time..also really nervous! Are you in Burnaby or Edmonton?

Hello ETA, I am in Burnaby, you?

#7 PAPAKUMA

PAPAKUMA
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

oh NVM, I saw all of you guys are doing it at Edmonton PCRM.........too bad, no one is at Burnaby one =(

#8 yiutopia

yiutopia
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:43 AM

Hi Papakuma,

I've had 2 phone consultations with Dr. Jeffrey Roberts from PCRM Burnaby. Debating whether to pursue IVF with them. I'll be coming from Winnipeg, MB. I like that they ask for all the lab work done prior to initial phone consultation to have a chance to review and discuss the results for recommendations. There were no additional costs for follow up phone consultation. I've dealt with other clinics where there are no lab work requested prior to initial consultation and I had to pay upfront well in advance to get my first consultation appt.

Since the birth of my first normal pregnancy of my son in September 2014 (natural conception), whom was with us for a month before he past away cry.gif. (He became successful heart donor to a baby girl). My period became irregular. I have low progesterone and currently on Letrozole 2.5mg. My right tube is blocked and my periods are heavy when I have them. I get abdominal cramps...as well as other health issues. So not fun at all.

I will be 37 this year and I feel I am chasing against time.

#9 Danicar123

Danicar123
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

Hi papakuma

I will be starting ivf at PCRM Burnaby in the next month or so hopefully :). Have you already started?