4 replies to this topic

#1 sugarshock11

sugarshock11
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hi there ... my partner and I have started the process trying to conceive ... she has PCOS and a blocked tube but the Drs seem positive that we will still be able to do this...we had done a round of clomid to no available and this time they put her on letrozole and puregon injections and trigger shot to speed up the process and so ovulation would be predictable.  She has been on the injections for about 5 to 6 days now and we had an appointment this morning for our routine ultrasound to see how big the follicles have grown but they sent us home and told us to stop the injections.  Apparently somehow she already ovulated yet the eggs weren't really big enough.  We didn't even get a chance to use the trigger shot to try to inseminate because they eggs kind of "disappeared" before they should have .... has this happened to anyone before? and if so what has been the next course of action?  If we had inseminated and she didn't get pregnant that's one thing but we cant seem to get past this process to even try so far anyways.,,, just looking for some advice, answers, support all of the above lol we aren't giving up but we are really frustrated and confused at this point.

#2 EverHopefull!

EverHopefull!
  • 1000+
  • 1600 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis/VFC

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:02 PM

I have had follicles 'disappear' and had to cancel a cycle because of it.  Not because I ovulated, they just disappeared into thin air.  My RE said it just happens sometimes and that we could start a new cycle if we wanted to. 

TTC since December 2004

One successful IVF

Many, many unsuccessful IF treatments

Finally a successful DE cycle!  babyEver is due July 1st.

#3 annatarz79

annatarz79
  • Global 100+
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

it has happened to me before. it is soooooo frustrating.... unfortunately it happens. for me it was the specific drugs that did it cause i have tried three times with a specific drug and all three had the same results. in between those tries i had tried another protocol that worked on follicles. i am a poor responder so some drugs dont do anything to me. Just try to relax and wait for the next cycle. Good luck!

#4 Krys83

Krys83
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, skiing, soccer, reading, movies, starting yoga
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

This happened to me on Clomid as well. Very frustrating... :(

2002 met my Handsome Hubby!

2010 September; Married

2013 September; TTC

2014 September; "Normal" results for both at Gyne appt ( HSG Sept. 14). Clomid x 4 months.

2015 March; Appt in Edmonton clinic. HSG showed hydrosalpinx. still no explanation... any thoughts?...dontknow.gif 
2015 June; Surgery left salingectomy + polyp. Still have "Righty"
2015 July; On the Clomid train again with lateralization U/S to see which side the follicles are developing on.

2015 October; IUI BFN

2016 Jan; Hysterscopy 

Starting IVF

2016 April; Retreival 25 eggs, OHSS Freeze All cycle. 6 Frosties (Day 5, all variations of grade 4) 

2016 July; FET 4aa BFN Didn't attach cry.gif

2016 October; Endometrial Biopsy

2016 November 9; FET 6!! & 4ba. All our Frosties are graded as "4," but after they lasered it in the morning, it HATCHED! It came out of the shell, we were able to see the zona. 

2016 Novemeber 18; th_abfp.gif

2017 August; Our beautiful baby girl arrived babygirl.gif

I feel like this is an opportunity to throw in a quote about not counting the years, or making the years count... the joy is on the journey... I'll work on finding one that doesn't make me want to scream eusa_wall.gif

#5 Nadira

Nadira
  • Global 100+
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:movies, baking, hiking, camping, vacationing, shopping, walking
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:33 AM

this can happen. each follicle is not guaranteed to have an egg. sometimes the body naturally reabsorbs the growing follicle.

Me: 33 Suboptimal Hypothyroidism, taking low dose synthroid

DH:43 Celiac Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Gout

Together 6 years, Married 3

DH has 11 yr old son from previous marriage - equally shared custody

Dx: unexplained

TTC since Sept 2013

Started with RFP March 2015

Clomid 100mg with IUI x 4 th_abfn.gif

IVF #1 July 2016

Antagonist Protocol: Day 7, 4 follicles only, they had grown big very quickly.

Cancelled IVF cycle at this point and converted to Superovulation IUI th_abfn.gif

IVF #2 Sep/Oct 2016

Flare Protocol:

BCP Mirvela x 21 days

Stim x 12 days, u/s showed 9 follicles.

Oct 8 - ER 4 eggs, 2 mature, other 2 matured in culture. ICSI all 4, 3 fertilized successfully.

Oct 11 - ET of 2 embryos on day 3. 3rd embryo stopped growing in lab, unable to freeze

Oct 24 - 13dp3dt - HPT: th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif

Oct 26 - 1st Beta level - 1145! (15dp3dt)

Oct 28 - Beta #2 - 3086 (17dp3dt) 

Oct 30 - Beta #3 - 5581 (19dp3dt)

Nov 1 - Beta #4 - ~12100 (21dp3dt)

Nov 3 - Beta #5 - 20135 (23dp3dt)

Nov 5 - Beta #6 - 29862 (25dp3dt)

Nov 9 - Early u/s at 6w4d to rule out ectopic, baby measuring 6w4d at 7.1mm HB 120

Nov 14 - 7 week u/s dating & viability canceled by EFW due to u/s 5 days prior

Dec 19/16 - Nuchal translucency scan, all went well HB 162

Feb 2/17 - met Ob, measuring on track, HB 150

Feb 9 - detailed scan pending

July 1/2017 - EDD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Puregon, trigger shot, confused, ovulation