Has anyone done an endo scratch?
Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:32 PM
I am contemplating having an endoscratch before my FET. I was wondering if anyone has done this before. It doesn't seem to be very common at the OFC so I am particularly interested in any experiences there.
Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:47 AM
I'm going to tag along here, I am curious what it is and in what circumstances it would be done.
Undergoing IVF with PGD to prevent passing on Neurofibromatosis Type 1
- ??/??/10 - I am diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 1, we discover I have a 50% chance of passing it on. Upon learning more about the disorder we decide IVF with PGD would be our route to have kids in order to prevent passing it on. We consult with Dr. Haebe at OFC to learn more, but aren't yet ready to start. We make a plan to save up.
- 06/02/12 - Our Wedding Day!
- 12/??/15 - Ontario announced funded IVF cycles, we can get the ball rolling!
- 11/25/15 - Consultation @ OFC.
- 01/08/16 - IVF and PGD Consent Signed for Ontario Funded Cycle. (We pay for the PGD)
- 01/14/16 - Nurses received chart, put on wait list for funded IVF.
- 05/26/16 - Name came up on wait list, OHIP consents received!
- 09/21/16 - Genesis completed gene probe, ready for embies! Awaiting call from scheduling nurse.
- 09/30/16 - Start BCP for 21 days, Booked to start Stims (Antagonist Protocol) on October 28th
- 10/28/16 - Start Gonal F pen injections 150 iu
- 11/07/16 - Egg retrieval, 34 eggs retrieved, 17 mature
- 11/08/16 - 12 eggs fertilized, letting them grow to day 5
- 11/13/16 - 5 embryos biopsied and frozen - awaiting PGD testing results
- 12/??/16 - One embryo tested positive for Neurofobromatosis gene mutation. Genesis to re-biopsy to ensure probe is working
- 01/12/17 - Results for re-biopsy received, meeting with Dr. Haebe tomorrow to discuss.
- 01/13/17 - Results are good, mock cycle is the next step before transferring one of our 4 healthy embabies!
- 01/13/17 - All is well with the mick cycle, nurses called. Next step is to call with late March day 1 and then blood tests until I surge, then ultrasound. We are looking at transfer the week of April 10th.
- 03/28/17 - Called in CD1 - final round of testing before transfer is about to begin!
- 04/13/17 - SURGE! Transfer will be April 17
- 04/17/17 - Transferred day 5 blast, BETA will be May 1
- 4/24/17 - 7dp5dt poas and got a faint positive!
- 05/01/17 - Beta results are in (925) we are officially pregnant!
Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:11 PM
Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:37 PM
I am also curious about this procedure. I guess this is something the doctor at the OFC can do (no need to see another specialist)? If so, when is the time to have this procedure done? I read about something like have it done two months prior to the transfer, is it correct? Does OHIP cover this? We are going to have our first IVF next month, since I have no history of any failed (or successful) implantation, will a doctor allow me to have this done?
Sorry for all the questions, I am just very curious about this....Thanks.
Basically the doctor scratches the lining of the uterus before the FET to help with implantation. There is some research that found it helps with women with repeated failed implantation. There is also research that says it doesn't make a difference. My doctor is happy to do it but isn't convinced there is a benefit. He also doesn't think there are adverse effects. I am on the fence and have to make a decision soon!
Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:48 PM
- Wen1218 likes this
Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:33 PM
Guess it is too late for me (my ER is scheduled for November 17-22)....
No matter what you have decided, I wish you all the best!
They definitely do this at OFC. My doctor said it is really simple and they just do it in an examination room. I didn't ask about the cost I just assumed if OHIP didn't cover it it would be inexpensive. I have an embryo transfer scheduled for December so if I decide to do it it will be this month after I call with my day 1 next week.