Freeze all at RFP
Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:43 AM
Dx: low morphology (1%), probably DOR (AMH 11.8)
DH on Nutraception, Chinese herbs & Acupuncture --> No improvement
August 2016 - IUI #1 Clomid 100mg, trigger Pregnyl 5000. 2.3 million post-wash sperm count--> BFN One month break because of cysts. October 2016 - IUI #2 cancelled due to early ovulation One month break for SHG December 2016 - IUI #3 Clomid 100mg, trigger Pregnyl 5000. 3 million post-wash sperm count--> BFN February 2017 - IVF #1 to IUI
Antagonist protocol: started at 150 IU Gonal-F and 75 IU Luveris, baby aspirin. After 4 days of injections, increased Gonal-F to 300 IU. Luveris still at 75 IU, started Cetrotide 0.25mg. Only 4 mature follicles --> Converted to Superovulation IUI.
Trigger Pregnyl 10000 3 million post-wash sperm count. Taking baby aspirin and Prometrium.-->BFN Two cycles break required for the ovaries to recover.
May 2017 - IVF #2 - cancelled after retrieval Antagonist protocol: Dose increased to 300 IU Gonal-F and 150 IU Menopur. 8 days of stimulations. 6 eggs retrieved. All immature. Fertilization was not attempted. Taking Chinese Herbs, DHEA, high dose of Ubiquinol and Inositol powder. Switching to VFC, consulting with Dr. Hudson on July 17th Diagnosed with DOR. Asked to continue DHEA until retrieval August 2017 - IVF #3 Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol. Suprefact, Puregon, Repronex, Dexamethasone, Orgalutran, Trigger with HCG & Decapeptyl, Intralipid. July 27 - Started Suprefact and stopped Chinese Herbs due to unknown interactions. August 9 - CD 1 August 11 - Suppression confirmed August 18 - last dose of Suprefact August 20 - starting 300 IU Puregon, 150 IU Repronex, 1mg Dexamethasone & baby asprin August 24 - added Orgalutran, first ultrasound and blood work in Calgary August 26 - Flew to Victoria, first ultrasound and blood work with Dr. Hudson August 30 - Hoping for 5-6 eggs. Triggered with 10,000 IU of Pregnyl and 0.2mg of Decapeptyl. September 1 - Retrieval with Dr. Graham, 9 eggs retrieved, Intralipid infusion after the retrieval September 2 - day 1 update - 6 eggs were mature, all ICSI'd and fertilized September 3 - day 2 update - 2 of 6 embryos are at grade 1, 4 of 6 are at grade 2. Probably day 5 transfer September 4 - day 3 update - day 5 transfer confirmed September 6 - Transfer with Dr. Hudson, transferred 1 grade 2 blast, not sure yet how many will be frozen September 7 - 1 day 6 grade 3 expanded blast frozen September 14 - evening of 8dp5dt - BFP (faint positive) September 18 - 12dp5dt - beta 220 September 20 - 14dp5dt - beta 446 September 22 - 16dp5dt - beta 1030
Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:49 AM
I'm at a different clinic, but our IVF cost includes one fresh transfer. If the fresh transfer doesn't happen there is a $500 refund. FET are then charged per FET cycle.
Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:23 PM
When the doctor and/or patients decide to do freeze all after an IVF cycle and go for FET later, would there be additional costs for the transfer?
Yeah, you do have to pay for the frozen embryo transfer separately. They sent us a $400 refund because we didn't get a fresh transfer. Each subsequent FET cost us about $2000 + meds, because it includes embryo culture (and assisted hatching etc, which is standard at RFP with embryos that have been frozen).
The nice thing is your first post retrieval FET, you skip the wait list! You need to have two cycles between to let your body get back to normal, but after that you're high priority for a transfer. Good luck!
Me: 33 Husband: 43
TTC since November 2011
8 cycles of Clomid, one Femara
3 IUIs (also Clomid)
IVF #1 - November 2015
60 follicles, 19 eggs retrieved/14 mature/11 fertilized
Freeze all to avoid OHSS
FET #1 Jan/Feb 2016 - thawed 6, transferred 1 day 5 blast, 3 day 6-7 blasts frozen - BFN
FET #2 July 2016 - thawed last 5, transferred two early day 5 blasts, 2 day 6 blasts frozen - BFP
19/08/16 - u/s with heartbeat!
My IF blog: Cake It So