ANOVA (First Steps) clinic, Dr. Dixon reviews, anyone? - Introductions - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ANOVA (First Steps) clinic, Dr. Dixon reviews, anyone?

egg freezing oocyte cryopreservation ivf

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lostfrozen

lostfrozen
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:ANOVA, North York, Ontario

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:39 PM

Hi everyone, I'm really new to issues of fertility.

I'm 38 years old and I want to freeze my eggs so I went to Anova clinic to see their GP.  This GP referred me to Dr. Dixon, but in the meantime, I am doing cycle monitoring.  They have found some results and they have made some conclusions already.  Essentially they have recommended to skip all the way to IVF with sperm donation.  Aren't there any other steps in between ?

Has anyone seen Dr. Marjorie Dixon, and can anyone provide any reviews?

Her previous clinic was First Steps.

All comments appreciated.

#2 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:01 AM

If you'd rather freeze your eggs than use donor sperm, then I say follow your gut.
But does that clinic have a good track record with egg freezing? Go to someone knowledgeable. McGill in Montreal specializes in egg freezing (Dr. Tan).
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#3 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:32 AM

When I looked into egg freezing at 35 I was told if I wasn't willing to do a few rounds and get a high number of eggs, then I should really think about donor sperm and creating embryos. This was due to the poor thaw rates on eggs and then also potentially the need to then thaw eggs, fertilize and refreeze. I couldn't afford multiple rounds at the time and wasn't prepared to make the decision on using donor sperm. (Irony: The partner I met at 37 has male factor and we now have to do IVF. What I wouldn't give for my younger eggs now!)

You need to be comfortable with your decision. I think they're likely telling you this as, as my RE said at the time, they don't want you to waste your money on egg freezing and then not be able to use them or not have enough survive thaw later. 

I'm sure if you share your results (AFC, AMH, FSH etc.) others with similar results could weigh in on their experience. Although nothing is a guarantee for a similar cycle and we all know that past 35 our fertility is sharply declining.

Good luck! This forum is a great resource. 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#4 LILY10

LILY10
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:34 PM

Hi. I was a patient of Dr.Dixon. I think because the clinic is fairly new that it's disorganized examples are refunds takes months, I was put on incorrect protocol at first and the Dr was suppose to follow up with me as to how to proceed and I never heard back. Also her fees and drug cost are higher compared to some other clinics and even recently had an increase. Anova does not have their own lab.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: egg freezing, oocyte cryopreservation, ivf