• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 leapinlizard

leapinlizard
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

Hi there , it is esciting to see someone else starting pretty much around the same time i am , I will be there on the 16th too it must eb a group meeting ? do you know much about it ? I am waiting for my Day 1 so i can call the nurse and I am suppose to start the superfact on July 26 but mayeb sooner ,, mayeb be can be cycle buddies .. :) is this your first IVF ? how long have you been trying ? my hubby and i had a tbal reversal and were trying for almost 3 years and just finally able to do the IVF it took some savings ...do you currently have any children now ? well sorry for talking your ear off , i am super excited about this and I can't wait until i see everyone getting there BFP in Aug / Sept I don't get on here much but feel free to email me becky_may26@hotmail.com

Hi Becky,
I believe the 16th is a group meeting, I don't know much about it at all, I am so new to all of this first cycle of IVF I was on Clomid for 6 months and that did nothing...we can certainly be cycle buddies, will be so nice having others going through the same stuff at the same time. Dh and I ahve been trying for over 3 yrs with no luck at all, so time to seek help I'm not getting any younger..lol...We do not have any children, hoping for our first this time around. I'm not on here much either so please feel free to email @ lizard6c@hotmail.com
Chat with you later, take Care, Cindy
Posted Image

#77 ajpl

ajpl
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:aart

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

Today I'm having a headache so I'm not sure if it's the Suprefact or just a headache. It's not terrible though.

The injection meeting is a group thing. We did our's last week. Everyone was together (5 couples in our case) in a board room while one of the nurses explained the cycle and showed us how to do injections. We practiced drawing up the meds and then went back to the waiting room. Each couple went in alone with a nurse after that and talked about their chart specifically, had a chance to ask questions and then actually did the injection to show they knew what to do.

#78 Haligobabies

Haligobabies
  • 438 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

I just wanted to wish those of you who are currently cycling at AART good luck and I hope everything is successful for all of you :) . Thanks for sharing that about the needle injection process ajpl! My teaching session isn't for a few months but it's great to know what to look forward to.

We have been trying since 2006
. 1st IVF with ICSI in September/October 09.
. 8-week ultrasound Nov 26, 2009- It's twins!

Posted Image

#79 Haligobabies

Haligobabies
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Hey guys.... just had another question if you don't mind lol. I just got my lab requisition before starting IVF. I'm just wondering about the stool culture that they have ticked off. Are we supposed to go to the hospital with the stool culture already done? If so, how did you take it in? Sorry to be so gross :P but I've honestly never had to give a stool culture before and I'm not sure how to collect it, store it, or bring it in lol. I would have asked the nurse today when I saw her, but I didn't notice that stool sample was ticked off until I got home.

Posted Image

#80 ajpl

ajpl
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

I didn't have a stool culture on my requisition. I'd call the clinic to see if it was intended. Now, my Dh did have to do a stool culture for another reason once and I can share the gruesome details if you want.

Hey guys.... just had another question if you don't mind lol. I just got my lab requisition before starting IVF. I'm just wondering about the stool culture that they have ticked off. Are we supposed to go to the hospital with the stool culture already done? If so, how did you take it in? Sorry to be so gross :P but I've honestly never had to give a stool culture before and I'm not sure how to collect it, store it, or bring it in lol. I would have asked the nurse today when I saw her, but I didn't notice that stool sample was ticked off until I got home.

#81 Haligobabies

Haligobabies
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

I didn't have a stool culture on my requisition. I'd call the clinic to see if it was intended. Now, my Dh did have to do a stool culture for another reason once and I can share the gruesome details if you want.

Thanks for answering! That's so weird...I wonder why ours were ticked? I'll be calling tomorrow for sure. My husband asked me if they ticked it by mistake and I didn't think so considering both of our requisitions were ticked. We just couldn't figure out why a male would have to have a stool sample for IVF lol.

Posted Image

#82 ajpl

ajpl
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:56 AM

Well if it's legit I'll let you know what to do! LOL

Thanks for answering! That's so weird...I wonder why ours were ticked? I'll be calling tomorrow for sure. My husband asked me if they ticked it by mistake and I didn't think so considering both of our requisitions were ticked. We just couldn't figure out why a male would have to have a stool sample for IVF lol.

#83 Haligobabies

Haligobabies
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

So I talked to Stephanie and she said that the reqs are actually laid out poorly, so it makes it look like the wrong column is ticked off. It actually wasn't for the stool culture at all, it was for other tests lol. I feel so dumb. Thanks for answering though and now I can save you from having to tell me how you guys did it LOL!

Posted Image

#84 ajpl

ajpl
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

Whew, good news!

So I talked to Stephanie and she said that the reqs are actually laid out poorly, so it makes it look like the wrong column is ticked off. It actually wasn't for the stool culture at all, it was for other tests lol. I feel so dumb. Thanks for answering though and now I can save you from having to tell me how you guys did it LOL!

#85 leapinlizard

leapinlizard
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hi everyone,

Here I was all excited that something was finally going to happen for me and I get this news that I will NOT be doing my IVF cycle this month I will have to wait until the end of August to start, apparently I was not immunized so now I will have to wait a month in order to start...I'm a little bummed and a bit sad I was so looking forward to this...booo

I would like to wish those that are going thought this now and very soon best of luck!!

Cindy
Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:01 AM

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I started suprefact on Monday July 20th and my first ultrasound is Aug 3rd. I am hoping if all goes well for ER around mid August at AART. Looking for a buddy to share this journey with.

Good Luck Everyone!!

#87 Haligobabies

Haligobabies
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

Thought I would bump this up to see how everyone is doing! Posted Image

How are you all managing through this heat? I've been thinking of the ladies cycling through this right now and thinking how tough it might be with the meds and the heat.

I'm just waiting to call in my day 1 in the next week to start IVF/ICSI.

Posted Image

#88 leapinlizard

leapinlizard
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

Haligobaby - You are right it has been a long time since anyone has checked in!! Me included... I hope your day 1 comes next week so that you can strat all of this...

babywish - How is everything going for you? the last time you posted you said you will be getting your u/s down and then ER scheduled sometime this month? I hope everything went well for you.

AFM - I start Superfast Sunday, so DH is picking up the drugs for me today, not really looking forward to sniffing this stuff 5 times a day, but I guess it's all part of the process. I've also decided to try Acupuncture, I have my first session today, I hope it will help me out, since I am so irregular I kind of hoping it will add some extra help while taking Superfast. But I really have no clue, kind of scared that it might actually delay or hurt my chances, oh what to do??? so confused, I just want everything to work... :wub:

Hope everyone one is doing well...
Posted Image

#89 Haligobabies

Haligobabies
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

Hi Leapin,

Yay to starting Suprefact this Sunday! You will be a sniffing pro in no time lol. From everything I have read and people's personal infertility experiences, I think that acupuncture can only do positive things for you and help with your blood flow and increase your body's energy movement. I found it really helped even out my menstrual cycles and make me ovulate a bit earlier, which I was happy with since my cyles were on the longish side. It's also nice and relaxing :).

Posted Image

#90 Emily81

Emily81
  • 1000+
  • 1533 posts
  • My Clinic:AART- Halifax

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

Posted Today, 09:41 PM

I was converted TODAY from IUI to IVF..Not sure if anyone has had this experience or not, apparently it's pretty rare. I had some problems since the beginning, I seemed to have way too many follicles but they weren't growing very fast. Worried that they would make me stop my cycle. Today I was given the option to stop and try IVF later on(IUI no longer an option due to my response), or to convert to IVF. Chose to convert to IVF, sort of feel that I didn't want to start all over. They say pick up will me sometime next week! Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions?

Me: 31, DH:34
? Mild PCOS/ Mild Male factor- Low Morph- 9%
TTC- Since Dec 2005

August/Sept 2009- IUI + injectabes cycle- BFN- was converted from IUI to IVF(20 follies growing) and then back to IUI(3 mature follies)....

IVF/ICSI cycle Sept/Oct 2010- BFP- (I insisisted on ICSI against my Drs wishes, and in the end we needed it)..
Oct 12- ER- 19 eggs, 15 mature, 6 fert
Oct 15- ET- morula- 18/20 & a 10 cell- 19/20 (Faith & Wish)
- OHSS starts 8dp3dt- Early beta in ER-636- 12dp3dt, #2- 4,267- 17dp3dt
Nov 23- 8 week u/s- TWINS
Incompetent Cervix diagnosed at 24 weeks. Hospital bedrest 24- 33 weeks due to 0.6 cm cervix, 1-2 cms dialated(at 24 weeks)
May 16th- 2011- Baby A breaks his water
May 18th- 2011- Boys arrive 33w1d
Baby A- CM- 4 lbs 4 oz, 17.5 in, 3:01 PM Baby B- CL- 4 lbs 2 oz, 16.5 in, 3:55 PM Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers