How many months till you tried IVF after a miscarriage - PG Loss - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How many months till you tried IVF after a miscarriage

miscarriage ttcafterpgloss Loss IVF Time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mimi_045

Mimi_045
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:31 PM

Hello everyone,

While waiting for my IVF funding in Ontario to come through, we got pregnant naturally. Our beta was confirmed on July 26 which happened to be the same day OFC called to tell us our name had come up for IVF. While we were thrilled to be pregnant I was so afraid of a miscarriage, and sadly we did miscarry on August 25, 2016. I had to take misoprostol to start the miscarriage.

Dr Haebe is my doctor at OFC and told me he would be willing to do IVF after one cycle, but I told him I wanted to wait three months. That puts us in December and they don't cycle much around the holidays, so I may have to wait until January. I wanted to ask you ladies, how long did you wait after a miscarriage to start IVF? Were you successful? Would you recommend waiting longer? I'm worried about putting my body through IVF so soon after a miscarriage. Part of me is thinking of just listening to Dr. Haebe and only waiting one cycle.

PS: I'm so sorry for everyone's losses. It is so hard. Hopefully we're all successful in the future.

• amp77 likes this

#2 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 390 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Prev: Trio / Current: Hannam

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

Mimi_045 - sorry for loss. I lost a pregnancy at 7 weeks in may after a frozen cycle. I only had to wait 1 cycle to try again. i had some other issues to work out so haven't tried again yet - will be this month. i'm sure the one cycle is fine, as long as you feel physically and emotionally ready. you have to do what feels right for you. and you can always split the difference and wait 2 cycles. good luck!

• amp77 likes this

#3 Mimi_045

Mimi_045
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss as well :(.

Thank you for your advice. I definitely think 1-2 cycles makes sense as long as the doctor says it's okay. I'm going to try to take it one day at a time and make  sureI am mentally and physically up to it :). I am still waiting to hear if my beta is down to 0 today.

#4 ClaraFatih

ClaraFatih
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:CyprusIVFCentre

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:48 AM

I also became pregnant same week we were going to pay deposit for ivf abroad. Was told it was better to use donor eggs so i thought it was my only hope. Sadly we miscarried but clinic said it was a good sign i could get pregnant and to wait 3 months. We will try again naturally first so not in a rush for the Donor egg cycle though still plan it if naturally does not work. We already had a failed own egg ivf cycle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miscarriage, ttcafterpgloss, Loss, IVF, Time