3 replies to this topic

#1 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just found out that my first IVF cycle failed. Am wondering if anyone has any tips in their WTF appointment?

As well, how long did you wait in between a First and Second IVF Cycle? Can you start right away? I am a poor responder so my "body" doesn't feel like it needs to recover much at all.

Thanks!

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#2 egroegn

egroegn
  • Global 100+
  • 174 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RFP - Calgary

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:58 PM

Write down every thought or question that pops into your head. The appointments can fluster you and make you forget questions.

My first Cycle failed in December of 2014 and we were offered to start stims again in March 2015. We ended up choosing to wait until April 2015 to start stims. I also responded poorly. I did take the time in between to work on fitness and supplements.

TTC since November 2012
Antisperm Antibodies found October 2014
Begin IVF/ICSI November 2014
IVF #1 Failed, no frozen embryos

IVF #2 Positive Beta at 15dp3dt, 189.  Second beta at 17dp3dt confirms miscarriage, 74.

#3 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 196 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Prev RFP now VFC:)

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:13 AM

Very sorry to hear about your failed cycle. When I first started ivf in 2011 they used to wait a number of cycles in between (often at least three). So it was typically 5 months between fresh cycles. Now many docs are shortening that period as they seem to have found that ovaries do not need as much of a rest. I believe that many women are doing fresh cycles 2-3 months apart. That said I think that the emotional toll is a big piece to consider- is trying sooner going to be what helps you cope or do you need more time to regroup?

I am not sure how old you are but if there may be egg issues might be worthwhile to ask about DHEA (need prescription) and coq10 and if your hubby has sperm issues something like nutraception (they sell at RFP). It is ideal to take the supplements for three months befire cycle. They often learn much from first ivf cycle. Perhaps they will suggest a new protocol or med dose. In addition, may be worth it to ask about endometrium scratch or biopsy to help with implantation.

I know it's super discouraging to get few eggs/embryos, but something to "egg yourself" along if this occurs again is that when fewer eggs obtained (vs large quantities) they often can be better quality. Best of luck to you at your wtf appt and going forward.
Currently 41, DH 46 - severe male factor, advanced maternal age, immune issues, uterine issues with TTC#2 following c section and miscarriage

TTC #1- 3 failed fresh cycles age 35-36 (one cancelled) and one successful FET at 37 (DS:)

TTC #2 - 2 fresh cycles at 39 and 40- one miscarriage and one failed (uterine infection after)
-3 failed FETs (2 with complication of uterine fluid but went away after progesterone)
-2 cancelled FETs (one due to uterine inflammation/infection after miscarriage and one due to uterine fluid)
-2 great quality frozen embryos left - one day 3 (at 39) and 1 day 6 blast (at 40) waiting for FET - have figured out the protocol to avoid complications and just hoping for my golden egg

It's so hard to wait around for something that may never be, but harder to let go when it's all you've ever wanted"

#4 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

Thanks everyone for the tips! Forgot to provide some details about my cycle. 31 years old, retrieved 6 eggs of which only 2 were mature and the 2 fertilized with icsi. 2 embryos (one 4 cell and one 2 cell) were put back on day 2.

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019