9 replies to this topic

#1 RaRoss

RaRoss
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

Hello!

My husband and I have been TTC for 5 years, we recently were referred to conceptia and were told after testing we would have to have IVF with ICSI. This is so overwhelming! I was just wondering what to expect in terms of appointments? During an IVF cycle how often do you have to go to conceptia? Also, any other info you ladies would have would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 Heathermac

Heathermac
  • 63 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:35 AM

Haven't made it to any treatments there yet only had my initial apt but good luck!

#3 Slb

Slb
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

My husband and I also found out in August that we will be doing an ivf cycle with icsi. We also go to conceptia. Where are you in the process at this point?
  • RaRoss likes this

#4 RaRoss

RaRoss
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

Hi!

We saw Dr Robichaud on Friday Sept 9th for our IVF consult. We've had all the bloodwork done and are waiting on one last test to come back and then we can start with mock transfer and get the ball rolling! I would like to have this done before it starts snowing as we have to travel over 3 hours each way

#5 Ginger6

Ginger6
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

I'm also a patient at Conceptia. We found out in July that we'll be needing ICSI and then at my Mock in late August we found out we'll need to do freezing due to OHSS..... frustrating and $$.... but hopefully all worth it! 

#6 RaRoss

RaRoss
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

Ginger6 - Mock is my next step! I'm only 25 so Dr Robichaud told me he will watch me very closely for OHSS as I ovulate normally every month. How could they tell from the mock that you over stimulated?

#7 Ginger6

Ginger6
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:25 AM

RaRoss - Good question, he and the nurse coordinator explained it all to me at the time but those details basically went in one ear and out the other.... the parts I did remember were more $$ and be prepared for uncomfortable bloating, lol. :-)
My teaching appointment is next week and then the retrieval is coming up in early October.  My transfer won't be for "at least 2 months" after that though, unless I get lucky and the OHSS doesn't actually happen...? Not sure if that's even possible but I'll be finding out soon!

#8 Ginger6

Ginger6
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:48 AM

RaRoss - I asked the nurse about why I was at high risk for OHSS and she indicated it's usually when there is a high number of eggs. I didn't see the doc yesterday so wasn't able to follow up with him about it, but I do recall him saying there was a lot. Not sure if this is helpful or not but hopefully your next appointment is soon!

#9 RaRoss

RaRoss
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:34 PM

Ginger6 - That all makes sense, they told me where I am young and ovulate regularly that I will be watched closely for OHSS as well.

I just got off the phone with Conceptia and I have my appointment for my MOCK October 14th! I'm really hoping to get this all on the go before snow flies.. But I think that is just wishful thinking!

Good luck with all you have going on! Your a step or two ahead of me so keep me posted so I know whats in my near future! :)

#10 RebeccaG

RebeccaG
  • Global 100+
  • 346 posts
  • Dx:Immunological

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

Ginger6 - That all makes sense, they told me where I am young and ovulate regularly that I will be watched closely for OHSS as well.

I just got off the phone with Conceptia and I have my appointment for my MOCK October 14th! I'm really hoping to get this all on the go before snow flies.. But I think that is just wishful thinking!

Good luck with all you have going on! Your a step or two ahead of me so keep me posted so I know whats in my near future! smile.png

RaRoss - Get ready for tons of appointments - we traveled (almost 3 hours each way) and then in the middle rented a small apartment in Dieppe for a few nights.  The good thing is the appointments are at 7:30 am so it's nice to get them done with and some fall on the weekend (then they are at 8:30) but when we were going it was so busy - 1 appointment was almost two hours because they take everyone for bloodwork 1 by 1 and then you go back to the waiting room and take everyone for ultrasound 1 by 1 .  Don't worry about OHSS - I had a touch of it (which surprised me because our problem was me not ovulating) and because they are closely monitoring you they adjust meds right away - our days got all changed though and we had to go early for retrieval!  I am in my 2ww right now....though negative home test.

Sep 15, 2016 First IVF 1 embryo - 2 frozen

Sep 30, 2016 - Positive HCG preganancy test

Oct 5, 2016 -  HCG dropped embryo will not last

Oct 19, 2016 - Request to see endocrinologist

Oct 24, 2016 - Beginning Hashimoto Thyroiditis diet 

Nov 30, 2016 - Blood test to determine if diet helped

Nov 2016 - RE visit

Dec 5, 2016 - RESULTS Hashimotos Diet - for the first time in 10 years I need to lower my Thyroid medicine!!  The diet is working!

Jan 4, 2017 - Meeting with Conceptia - getting ready for FET.  Apparently we have 3 embryos left 2 - 4BB and 1 - 5BB.  Preparing to put one in (hopefully in March) waiting on thyroid testing.

Jan 31, 2017 Started BC - FET scheduled for March 14 

March 14, 2017 - FET!! put in a 5bb
March 24, 2017 - blood work for pregnancy test

March 24, 2017 - BFN

March 27, 2017 - Bloodwork - genetic testing for me and Josh

April 19, 2017 Blood test results show nothing

April 25, 2017 - Starting my Hashimoto diet again

May 15, 2017 - 2 Polyps removed sent for biopsy and lining biopsy

June 30, 2017 - Biopsy indicates uterus inflammation - will treat for next FET

September 8, 2017 - FET FINAL 2 EMBRYOS

Additional IM Progesterone this round

Sep 20, 2017  - Beta test - 940 th_abfp.gif

2 embryos implanted, 1 developed into a fetus (heart is full)

DUE DATE: MAY 26, 2018 preggo.gif  

Jan 6, 2018 - babyboy.gif  It's a boy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IVF