2 replies to this topic

#1 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:18 PM

Hi Everyone, 

We received some news that my partner has 1% sperm morphology... Our doctor recommended ICSI however there seems to be a few risks associated with ICSI, specifically with genetic or chromosomal abnormalities. Our doctor mentioned that these risks do not apply to male factors related to morphology but more so to low motility or low sperm count. Is this true? Has anyone else been in the same boat?

As well, is there any other testing that should be completed prior to ICSI? And any thoughts on Split ICSI? Is it worth it?

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#2 From0to3

From0to3
  • Global 100+
  • 171 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:36 AM

Hi Wishing and Hoping. My husband was diagnosed with 1 percent morphology as well which was devestating but also strange considering he had two previous sons and thus proven fertility. Apparently the morphology is not as critical if the count is high. We did not opt for icsi and my first round of ivf 8 fertilized out of 17 eggs unassisted and my second round 5 out of 5 fertilized resulting in three live births. Some couples of course do need icsi but clinics can be a little too gung ho to push extra costs on couples willing to pay anything to maximize their chance of success.

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/c@9weeks th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

#3 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

Hi From0to3. Thanks for your response. Yeah, out clinic is pushing hard for ICSI but it could also be because I have DOR due to my chocolate cyst, so they are trying to hedge their bets as it looks like you had several eggs retrieved! Thanks again :)

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019