• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shaun0781

shaun0781
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:29 AM

Hello Everyone

My husband and I are getting set to start our journey to become parents. For my husband this will be the second time around. Canadian Law and Legislation is so restricting. We are fortunate enough that our friend has consented to be our GS. We now are faced with the complexities of finding a voluntary egg donor.

I often get very frustrated with the clinics in North America because I feel they take advantage of those who want and should be parents. I'm sure the feeling is somewhat mutual.

• emmajane likes this

#2 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:10 PM

Welcome Shaun

I see you are in eastern Ontario and not sure which clinic you are using. OFC (Ottawa) knows it's the only clinic in the area and has no qualms about treating people accordingly because the next option is further away and for most people to far. If you have a choice I would suggest one of the Toronto clinics. It has been worth the drive.

As for an egg donor, while expensive using an agency (egg helpers, or little miracles) is probably your best bet, although not your only option.

PM if you want more info,

idream

• shaun0781 likes this

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do

#3 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

I am with OFC and have been very happy with them.  They do work with agencies for egg donation but I am not sure what the process or cost are like.  Best of luck on your journey!

• shaun0781 likes this

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!