- - - - -

I did it!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:40 PM

:banana: I survived my e/r!! I am feeling crampy and bleeding a bit but it was just fine! The HSG was worse! It was so cool to see the embryologist doing her thing on the monitor. I had 24 eggs and 23 are mature! The embryoligist said she has never seen so many mature! They looked really good she said. We will know tomorrow! I must go lie down again...I had to come and update you all! I will tell you more about it later!

luv yas :drinks:

#2 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:17 PM

OMG You DID do it and you did it well!!! 24 eggs, holy moly!! :blink: Can you lend me some? :dontknow: haha. You say your HSG was worse, man, my e/r really WAS bad :icon_cry: . I had no bleeding after my e/r, isn't that funny how we're all so different. I'm sooooo happy for you!! :banana: :banana: You find out tomorrow how many fertilised? Now your transfer will be Thursday? Glad to hear you're resting, remember, drink LOTS! I hope your recovery goes smoothly for you, I'm so happy that you made it through this without any problems, and you did it allllll by yourself!!! :thumbup: REST :)

Way to go Kelly! :drinks:
Shawn

stupid internet is down again!! I don't know when I'll be able to send this now :angry:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:37 PM

transfer is friday...and i will update tomorrow on how they are doing...i have a bit of bleeding...it took 30 minutes and it was cool watching the eggs on the monitor...they looked perfect...the embryologist said they were really nice looking so that is hopeful. I am feeling quite crampy...hubs went out and bought me some panty liners as i start prometrium tomorrow until 10 weeks pg...he also went to buy me a cheapie bathing suit so i can sit in the hot tub for a few minutes...i think it will feel really good...

chat at ya later buddy! :wavey: of course i can lend you some eggs... :thumbup: lol

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:45 PM

Great news Kelly!!

That's wonderful news. I'm keeping my fingers crosed for all your lil' embies!

Cheers,
Heather

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:06 PM

24 that is great,wow good luck with everything tomorrow keep us posted :banana:

#6 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:41 AM

internet is off and on so I just have to be quick before I throw it out the window!

Your transfer is Friday? So that's a 3 day transfer? I must have had a 2 day... my e/r was Wednesday and I had transfer Friday... WHY do they have to be so different, confuses me even more!

back on later to see how you are, feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 heidil

heidil
  • 1000+
  • 891 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:18 AM

Kelly;

Great response to the meds, that is so good.

Relax until Friday.

Good Luck

Heidi
Heidi

Jan 99 - ectopic (using clomid)
3 failed IUI's
1 failed IVF
1 failed FET
Diagnosed with PCOS in 2004
IVF - Aug 2005 Positive - May 19 due date - Twins
Dec 4/05 - Loss of our son Tristan - Twin A
May 2/06 - Birth of daughter Aurora - Twin B
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

WAY TO GO KELLY :banana: :banana: :banana:

You did it, I hope you are feeling good and are relaxing, let us know how many matured. :thumb: :thumb:

Sarah :flowers: :flowers:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

OH MY GOD...OUT OF 23 EGGS....only 20 fertilized!!! :banana: :banana: Yahoo!! They are in the zygote stage and they are freezing 8 today! How cool! We are very pleased so far...but I wonder why they only freeze 8? Must be a clinic maximum? :icon_question:

#10 Soralis

Soralis
  • 1000+
  • 1276 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills - Calgary

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:11 PM

Kelly,

Contrats on the # of fertilized eggs, 20 out of 23 is great!!!

I went to Calgary too and I think they freeze a few a day so you will have a bunch at different stages...

Good luck with your txfr!! Wishing you a BFP and I hope your 2ww goes by fast!!

Kellie
10.5 yrs TTC (since 1994)
3 years clomid (on and off)
1st IVF - Jul 04 - BFN
1st FET - Sept 04 - BFN
2nd FET - Dec 1/04 - BFP!! (TWINS - 2 boys born July 21/05 at 35weeks, 7lbs and 5lbs 5ozs)

Trying for another
3rd HSG - DONE - March 20 06
3rd FET - 3 day txfr May 5/06 & 5 day Transfer May 7/06 - BFN
No more frosties
2nd IVF - 3day Transfer Oct 9/06 (2 transferred, 6 frozen) -BFP!! (TWINS!!)
Nov 22/06 - Twin A doing well, Twin B passed away
(It's a Girl! - June 21/07, 2 days shy of 39 weeks - 7lbs 12 ozs)

After 13 years we are now very lucky to begin figuring out how to put Infertility behind us...

soralis.blogspot.com

#11 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:19 PM

That sounds awesome Kelly! CONGRATS!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:26 PM

That's AMAZING!! Fantastic news for you and Dh!!!!!

Cheers,
Heather

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:53 PM

UPDATE!!

Embryologist called and transfer is at 1:00 pm tomorrow! He said they are looking really good... :banana: and I should have some more to freeze today at this stage! If anyone needs eggs...the bunny is here. But then he said the doctors might not want to go ahead with the transfer as I am at a slight risk for OHSS and with transfering the embies, it can make it [email protected]$k man...sorry...then he said I might want to consider only transfering 1 embie as they are doing so good...they could split into two as it is...(yeah right), but he said depends on how aggressive you want to be. I said well we are mentally prepared for twins so that is no problem! But then he said one of those could divide into 2 and then you could potentially have triplets! So I laughed and said well my MIL is a triplet, she would be thrilled! I know the doctors don't like to see too many multiple births....so he said the doctors will have a meeting this afternoon and decide. Either way, he is going to call me in the morning and let me know. Please pray that my body behaves and doesn't go into OHSS...frick man. We've come this far, I don't want to postpone this transfer...

I will update tomorrow when I know.... :icon_cry:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:56 PM

Hang in there Kelly,

I'll say a prayer for you tonight - I hope they give you the 'green light'.

Gook Luck !

Sam

#15 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:26 PM

Hey buddy :D

Oh wow, I'm so excited for you, I hope hope hope that you get to do it tomorrow, I really do!! When will you find out, don't you have to do your HCG injection tonight first, THEN you can have the transfer? I'm so curious when you'll find out, oooo I can't wait! Or is it 48 hours later???? I'm so dumb lately I really can't believe I say half the things that I have said... dh looks at me like 'Are you THAT dumb??' :bang: I even told you the other day that I had a 2 day transfer, or at least I *thought* I did, I don't even know when I had my OWN transfer!!! :rolleyes: I had a 3 day transfer afterall :blush: , duh.

Let's hope stupidity is an early sign of pregancy :thumbup: , haha.

Good luck if you go tomorrow! You mean those little guys can STILL divide into two??! Aren't they supposed to find embies that AREN'T going to do that?! :blink: You mean the 3 that I had transferred can actually have the potential to be 6?! :icon_exclaim: you gotta be joking me, holy crap. I totally thought they could work against that, hmmm, wow. I can have a litter. :o I'm going to have some fun dreams tonight now, I can just see it!

Can't wait to hear form you tomorrow Kelly! Hope you sleep well, get your valium ready! :icon_wink:

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:28 AM

Hey buddy...I think you are confused.... :D no HCG shot tonite or valium...that was before e/r...lol :drinks:

How bloated and big did you get after e/r? How are you feeling? Is Tamara there now? How is that going? I was thinking of that tonite...

I sure hope they don't think I am at a too big of risk for OHSS...they might only want to transfer 1...just because of the slight risk...man this pisses me off...excuse my language but we go through all of this to be told it might be put on hold? grrrr :wall: I know they are only looking out for our best interest but still...we are so excited for tomorrow. Please God, can I be ok to have my embies back this month? :icon_cry:

later buddy :wavey:

#17 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:19 AM

See, I told you I was getting dumber :bang: . I KNEW that, but my mind just thinks what it wants lately. Dh had to drop another one of our dogs off at the clinic (we're having back luck with all the dogs lately), and he told me which route he took. Well, I'm looking at HIM like he's insane telling him he didn't take a right on Nordel Way, he took a LEFT!! Then he's telling me he took the highway there, and I'm like WHAT highway??!! "The one that we can see from our house"... :pardon: he tells me. OMG, like I said, I'm losing it. My mom and her friend were over lastnight, my mom says (or so I thought she said), "I hear horses." I said "You can hear THAT from the barn?!" :bang: What she said was "I hear voices." which were coming from my kitchen. I don't know :dontknow: , dh was just shaking his head telling them that this was nothing compared to how I have been. :blush:

I did get bigger and more bloated after the e/r, I was really quite uncomfortable. The only way I could get relief was to get on my hands and knees and drop to my elbows so my bum was up higher. Sounds funny, but it was the only way that I could relieve pressure to my abdomen. I'm still slightly bloated even after a week, but the pain has pretty much subsided, maybe just a tad tender here and there. I still haven't had anymore spotting...I'm getting worried now, everyone else had cramping and spotting, I don't know anyone yet on here that had nothing. I've had a bit of sharp pains, but not really cramps. I just wish I could get the beta NOW! It's driving me crazy!!! My boobs hurt, but like before AF hurt. I don't even feel like that's coming, why can't there be a sign?! Why can't I turn a pretty colour or someting to tell me I'm pregnant, that would be so cool!

No, Tamara isn't here yet. She's still in the hospital. I talked to her yesterday and they were putting another drainage tube in her other side. She's pretty loopied up on pain meds, but she sounded more chipper than last time. She said she has no regrets about getting that one embryo transferred even after all of this. If it ends up in a pregnancy, she said she'd do it all over again. They check her hormones daily, so they'll actually be able to tell her if she's pregnant soon. But as for her getting out, I don't know, she's still gaining weight and her belly is still expanding, but that was yesterday, hope it's changed since then! Poor girl, she's a trooper tho.

I still hope you're able to do this. I can't believe that you get so far and then BANG, you're on hold. It just blows me away how it can happen like that. Tamara said that she was at risk no matter how many embryos they put back in, didnt matter if they put in 1 or 10 embryos, she'd still be at risk. But I guess because she is such a good candidate for IVF, they figure that this one will take so that's why they didn't want to put in more in risk of multiples - which they both said they didn't want. That's how they ended up with one. It was either one or none. Is that how it works with you?? She, like you, had some to freeze, too. She had 38 eggs, 31 fertilised!! If it doesn't work for her, she can at least have another go at it. You too!! I just get so excited thinking about this whole process of IVF working, it really amazes me. Science, hu?

So, how are you feeling today?? Are you doing those Prometrium things? Man, those are awful!! They have to come up with something better than those <_< . Is the snow melting out your way yet? It's raining cats and dogs here, soon I'll be living on the Ark again :icon_wink: . Yesterday I was sitting on my front steps petting one of the outdoor kitties and I looked up into my horses paddock, there were daffodill's starting to sprout up, they were already about 6 inches high! I can't wait for spring :flowers: .

I hope you find out about the transfer soon, I'm going to keep checking to see if you found out yet. Like you said a while back, you wish that there was some alarm that would go off to tell you I wrote! OK, off to warm up, it's freezing in this room :ph34r: , I need one of those to keep me warm :P .

Hope to hear from you soon!!
Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:29 AM

It is comforting to know that you feel the same way...did your waist size increase? Mine went from a 28 to a 33. I still haven't heard from the clinic yet...no it is not melting! Frick...we are in the middle of a heavy snow fall...we get to drive in this shit this am...I feel a little better this am than I did lastnight. I felt pretty rough. I will try laying like you did to relieve the pressure.

I hear you on the changing color to let you know if you are pg! Like a mood ring would be nice. :drinks:

Anyway, I am going to go to work for an hour or so and then we are taking off to Calgary to get pg! :drinks: (I hope)

:wavey: