Started yesterday! Day 4 of BCP...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:51 AM

Hi everyone,

We started yesterday (on day 3) with BCP til Feb 12, then Suprefact for two weeks, and Repronex after that....This is all at Ovo Clinic in Montreal. We are very excited and a little bit scared. Is anyone else on a similar schedule?

Hannah and Viviane

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:48 AM

Hi Hannah and Viviane!!

Yay!!! Cycle buddies! I have been on the BCP for the past 3 weeks and continue taking it until Feb 9th. I start my Suprefact injections tomorrow. I hope that I do it right :pray: I'm getting a little nervous, but in a good way. Do you have an idea when your E/R might be?

Let's keep in touch gals! I'm out here in BC on Vancouver Island. My clinic is in Victoria, and they are fantastic!

Cheers,
Heather

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:25 AM

Hi Heather,

Glad you are on a similar schedule...we think egg retrieval will probably be the week of March 6th, but that depends on how well Viviane responds to the meds. This is our first time on injectables - we went from IUIs on femara to IVF!

Lucky you to be in warm Victoria - and I am glad you have a great clinic...

Hannah

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:33 AM

Well, hopefully Viviane will respond really well to the meds and the retreival date is sooner rather than later!

My first injection will be tonight. I'm getting those little nervous butterflies in my stomach already. I told Dh last night that it might take me 2 hours to get the courage up to just stick the needle in :blush: We had a good chuckle about that. I'll let you gals know how it goes.

Cheers,
Heather

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 12:00 PM

Heather,

How did the injection go? I hope it was quick and painless...We were told to do the Suprefact in the thigh or arm, and the Repronex in the tummy...

Hannah

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:35 AM

Hey Hannah!

Well, it wasn't too bad...but I did end up with a big purple bruise and a bump. I think that I was pinching myself too hard and I didn't put any pressure on it after I took the needle out. But last night's went really smoothly...no marks! By the time I'm done all this my belly will look like a pin cushion :rofl:

How are you gals doing?

Heather