IVF at Rouge Valley / Lifequest in 2008 - Rouge Valley - IVF.ca Forums

Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

IVF at Rouge Valley / Lifequest in 2008


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nili77

nili77
  • Member
  • 30 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

Wondering if anyone out there is doing IVF at Lifequest through Rouge Valley (Dr. Cooke or Williams) in 2008? Haven't seen any recent posts on this forum....

#2 Guest_subaru143_*

Guest_subaru143_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Hi, i am waiting for next month -should say cycle to do IUI agian and then maybe consider Ivf. Are you doing IVF with Rouge valley? Whats your diag? How long have youbeen TTC?

#3 nili77

nili77
  • Member
  • 30 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hi, i am waiting for next month -should say cycle to do IUI agian and then maybe consider Ivf. Are you doing IVF with Rouge valley? Whats your diag? How long have youbeen TTC?



Hi subaru....i'm considering IVF, currently doing IUI's...are you with Cooke or williams? My diagnosis is male factor...been ttc 1.5 years. Do you know if there is waitlist of IVF? Have you gone for the counselling or the orientation? I heard the Cooke doesn't do IVF, she refers you to someone at Lifequest (i know all IVF at this clinic is done at Lifequest)

how bout you, Whats your diag? How long have youbeen TTC?

Nili

#4 Guest_subaru143_*

Guest_subaru143_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:22 PM

Hi Nili, well i am with Dr. Williams, been TTC for 2 yrs now at this clinic, currently doing 1 last IUI before I move on, it will be 6 IUI's with no insurance. I have leutal phase defect. I think i am gonna get a 2nd opinion before moving to IVF. Have you done IUI's? where are you in your cycle.... if you want email me personally at subaru143 at hotmail.com




Hi, i am waiting for next month -should say cycle to do IUI agian and then maybe consider Ivf. Are you doing IVF with Rouge valley? Whats your diag? How long have youbeen TTC?



Hi subaru....i'm considering IVF, currently doing IUI's...are you with Cooke or williams? My diagnosis is male factor...been ttc 1.5 years. Do you know if there is waitlist of IVF? Have you gone for the counselling or the orientation? I heard the Cooke doesn't do IVF, she refers you to someone at Lifequest (i know all IVF at this clinic is done at Lifequest)

how bout you, Whats your diag? How long have youbeen TTC?

Nili



#5 marin

marin
  • 1000+
  • 1022 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham, ON

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

I am new to this forum. I am thinking about IVF for April/May timeframe. DH and I need want to see the Dr. first and then move forward. We went to the orientation session in October and decided that we weren't ready for that step just yet. We have been TTC for 27 months now, 10 cycles at the Rouge Valley (natural and 5 IUIs). We took a break and are now thinking that we should give IVF a shot. I am just not sure if I have the emotional strength to go through everything that is involved in this whole process.
Me: 39 DH: 40
Unexplained
7 IUIs, one chemical BFP in Nov/08
Switched clinics in Jan/09
IVF - March 2009
BFP on Mar 30th - Missed miscarriage at 12 week u/s. Baby stopped growing at 8w1d. We love you little angel.
FET #1 - July 2009 - BFN
FET #2 - September 2009 - BFN
FET #3 - February 10th 2010
02/16 - 02/22 - Positive HPTs!!!
Beta day - February 22nd (DH's birthday!) - BFP 404!!! (12dp5dt)
DD born October 27th, 2010 - We love our little angel!!
Natural Miracle BFP - November 22nd 2011
DD born July 26th, 2012
Last and Final FET
November 2016
Beta Day: November 28th

#6 gottahavefaith

gottahavefaith
  • Member
  • 201 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

I changed clinics because i find them to be inefficient and they cancelled me after only 3 days of stims without a reasonable explanation...only that they didn't want me spending more money...on what? B/W and U/S? My E2 level was low but fromw have researched 3 days of stims is not a good indication of how i would have responded. Needless to say I looked into it and most clinics will NOT cancel after only 3 days and my new clinic agreed. I felt like I had to advocate for myself there and tell them what to do next...like when my DH sperm count came back low I had to ask for urologist and further testing! Be weary.
July 2007 -DH diagnosed with severe low sperm count
April 2008 diagnosed with testicular failure/maturation arrest

IVF #1
Dec 2007 started BCP
Jan 2008 IVF #1 cancelled after 3 days of stims due to low E2 Levels (should've waited at least 5-6 days)
Jan 2008 changed clinics and waiting for AF

IVF #2
w/acupuncture
March 3 2008 begin BCP
March 29-April 5 2008 start drugs Gonal F, Repronex,Orgalutron
April 8 2008 ER - 15 eggs, 5 fertilized
April 13 5 day ET - transferred 2 8 cell morulas, froze 1 5BAO
April 23 1st BETA 100 BFP
April 25 2nd BETA 278
May 2 3rd BETA 6200
May 12 2008 Viability scan 120bpm one strong heartbeat
June 14 Emerg U/S diagnosed with placenta previa and subchorionic bleeding but baby ok
EDD December 29, 2008
DD born Jan 2, 2009
God has a plan

FET #1
w/acupuncture
Feb 8 AF, Feb 21 u/s to check lining
Feb 26,2010 Transferred ONE (only one we have) beautiful blast
March 8 2010 BETA #1 10dp5dt-42
March 10 2010 Beta #2 12dp5dt- 38 M/c :(
AF March 13

IVF#3
w/acupuncture
start BCP April 13 to May 3
May 7 AF, May 8 start stims gonal f 225 repronex and orgalutron
May 17 end stims, trigger May 18
ER May 20 9 eggs, 6 fertilized (Day 3 5- 8 cells, 1- 6 cell)
ET May 25 Transferred ONE advanced blast (froze 1 - 5BB0,1- 4AB0 & 1- 4BB0)
Beta 10DP5DT June 4- BFP 335
Beta #2 13DP5DT June 7- 1265
June 21 Viability scan ONE strong heart beat 122 bpm
EDD February 10,2011 (seems sooo far away)
DD born February 2, 2011
How blessed are we? HAVE FAITH

#7 nili77

nili77
  • Member
  • 30 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

I changed clinics because i find them to be inefficient and they cancelled me after only 3 days of stims without a reasonable explanation...only that they didn't want me spending more money...on what? B/W and U/S? My E2 level was low but fromw have researched 3 days of stims is not a good indication of how i would have responded. Needless to say I looked into it and most clinics will NOT cancel after only 3 days and my new clinic agreed. I felt like I had to advocate for myself there and tell them what to do next...like when my DH sperm count came back low I had to ask for urologist and further testing! Be weary.



Hi gottahavefaith, not sure I understand your post, are you saying rouge valley cancelled you without much explanation, or is rouge valley your new clinic? Which doc are you with, cooke or williams? Are you saying you had a bad experience at rouge valley? how long did you go there?

nili

#8 nili77

nili77
  • Member
  • 30 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

I am new to this forum. I am thinking about IVF for April/May timeframe. DH and I need want to see the Dr. first and then move forward. We went to the orientation session in October and decided that we weren't ready for that step just yet. We have been TTC for 27 months now, 10 cycles at the Rouge Valley (natural and 5 IUIs). We took a break and are now thinking that we should give IVF a shot. I am just not sure if I have the emotional strength to go through everything that is involved in this whole process.


Hi marin, I'm thinking about april/may IVF as well...hope we can keep in touch, what is your diagnosis by the way, are you with Dr cooke or williams?

Nili

#9 gottahavefaith

gottahavefaith
  • Member
  • 201 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

I changed clinics because i find them to be inefficient and they cancelled me after only 3 days of stims without a reasonable explanation...only that they didn't want me spending more money...on what? B/W and U/S? My E2 level was low but fromw have researched 3 days of stims is not a good indication of how i would have responded. Needless to say I looked into it and most clinics will NOT cancel after only 3 days and my new clinic agreed. I felt like I had to advocate for myself there and tell them what to do next...like when my DH sperm count came back low I had to ask for urologist and further testing! Be weary.



Hi gottahavefaith, not sure I understand your post, are you saying rouge valley cancelled you without much explanation, or is rouge valley your new clinic? Which doc are you with, cooke or williams? Are you saying you had a bad experience at rouge valley? how long did you go there?

nili


Hi Nili...yes rouge cancelled me without a reasonable explanation until i called back a day later and asked them why they cancelled me and the nurse said bec they wanted to save me money as they didn't think i was responding...needless to say I am no longer there. I was there for 7 months. From what i have researched and from what my new clinic says I was cancelled a little too early...they should have given me 2 more days of stims at the very least. I think each clinic and each doctor has different philosophies...some aggressive and some more knowledgeable. I lost my confidence in rouge and I don't trust them to deliver BFP. They didn't even teach me how to inject myself, they just assumed i knew. Williams was my doctor (she was nice and approachable). The nurse wasn't very patient and always in a hurry. You'll have to make your own decision, but I felt like we wasted our time there and that they are still learning how to run efficiently. HOpe you have better luck and BFP soon!
July 2007 -DH diagnosed with severe low sperm count
April 2008 diagnosed with testicular failure/maturation arrest

IVF #1
Dec 2007 started BCP
Jan 2008 IVF #1 cancelled after 3 days of stims due to low E2 Levels (should've waited at least 5-6 days)
Jan 2008 changed clinics and waiting for AF

IVF #2
w/acupuncture
March 3 2008 begin BCP
March 29-April 5 2008 start drugs Gonal F, Repronex,Orgalutron
April 8 2008 ER - 15 eggs, 5 fertilized
April 13 5 day ET - transferred 2 8 cell morulas, froze 1 5BAO
April 23 1st BETA 100 BFP
April 25 2nd BETA 278
May 2 3rd BETA 6200
May 12 2008 Viability scan 120bpm one strong heartbeat
June 14 Emerg U/S diagnosed with placenta previa and subchorionic bleeding but baby ok
EDD December 29, 2008
DD born Jan 2, 2009
God has a plan

FET #1
w/acupuncture
Feb 8 AF, Feb 21 u/s to check lining
Feb 26,2010 Transferred ONE (only one we have) beautiful blast
March 8 2010 BETA #1 10dp5dt-42
March 10 2010 Beta #2 12dp5dt- 38 M/c :(
AF March 13

IVF#3
w/acupuncture
start BCP April 13 to May 3
May 7 AF, May 8 start stims gonal f 225 repronex and orgalutron
May 17 end stims, trigger May 18
ER May 20 9 eggs, 6 fertilized (Day 3 5- 8 cells, 1- 6 cell)
ET May 25 Transferred ONE advanced blast (froze 1 - 5BB0,1- 4AB0 & 1- 4BB0)
Beta 10DP5DT June 4- BFP 335
Beta #2 13DP5DT June 7- 1265
June 21 Viability scan ONE strong heart beat 122 bpm
EDD February 10,2011 (seems sooo far away)
DD born February 2, 2011
How blessed are we? HAVE FAITH

#10 marin

marin
  • 1000+
  • 1022 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham, ON

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:07 AM

Subaru,

I am thinking about getting a second opinion. I have done 6 IUIs (one clomid and 5 Gonal-F cycles) with no success. They can be a bit disorganized over there. I have the luxury of having a flexible job so I go to do the cycle monitoring around 8:30AM and things run a lot smoother at that time. I know that most people can't do this. As for your information from Kelly (she is not a nurse...she is just the receptionist and she is no longer there) about IVF success rates I don't know if her information is accurate. Talk to your doctor (cooke/williams) to get the right details. As for getting your paper work, I am told that you can just ask for a copy of your file for your own records and take that with you to the next doctor you see. In order to get an appointment with another specialist you will need a referral from your GP. Then the waiting game begins again. If you are trying to see someone who has been around for awhile and has had reasonable success I am told you may have to wait anywhere from 4-6 months for the first appointment. Sometimes you can get lucky and get an appointment sooner than that. I hope I'm not discouraging you, but wanted to let you know what I've found out so far.
Me: 39 DH: 40
Unexplained
7 IUIs, one chemical BFP in Nov/08
Switched clinics in Jan/09
IVF - March 2009
BFP on Mar 30th - Missed miscarriage at 12 week u/s. Baby stopped growing at 8w1d. We love you little angel.
FET #1 - July 2009 - BFN
FET #2 - September 2009 - BFN
FET #3 - February 10th 2010
02/16 - 02/22 - Positive HPTs!!!
Beta day - February 22nd (DH's birthday!) - BFP 404!!! (12dp5dt)
DD born October 27th, 2010 - We love our little angel!!
Natural Miracle BFP - November 22nd 2011
DD born July 26th, 2012
Last and Final FET
November 2016
Beta Day: November 28th

#11 flybywire

flybywire
  • Member
  • 91 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Durham Region, ON
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Rouge Valley

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

I changed clinics because i find them to be inefficient and they cancelled me after only 3 days of stims without a reasonable explanation...only that they didn't want me spending more money...on what? B/W and U/S? My E2 level was low but fromw have researched 3 days of stims is not a good indication of how i would have responded. Needless to say I looked into it and most clinics will NOT cancel after only 3 days and my new clinic agreed. I felt like I had to advocate for myself there and tell them what to do next...like when my DH sperm count came back low I had to ask for urologist and further testing! Be weary.


I agree with you, our DH's sperm came back low as well and all Dr. Cooke did was give us a pamphlet for a VERY expensive vitamin and sent us on our way. I felt so deflated like I had no answers and they wouldn't even give me a copy of our results. I asked them to send it to my family doctor so she can review it with us and explain. Dr. Cooke did not seem interested in explaining anything to us and she very very very frequently interrupts you during any questions you may have. I find that so rude and frustrating. Anyways we will be switching clinics ASAP! What a waste of time Rouge Valley has been, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Me 30 | DH 28
Oct 07 - m/c at 8 wks
Nov 08 - tragic stillbirth of our son at 38 weeks

Dec. 09 -IUI #1 w/Gonal-f 4 mature follies ~ 6 mil and 8 mil - BFN :(
Jan. 10 -IUI #2 w/Gonal-f 2 mature follies ~ 5 mil and 2 mil
Feb. - BFP from 2nd IUI!!!!!!! It's a MIRACLE!!!!
Mar. - u/s shows one healthy heartbeat (and small subchorionic bleed)

Miracle baby due October 15, 2010
~Change of plans ~
Dx w/placenta previa - large hemorrhage at 25w5d
Our little fighter, baby Anna was born July 7th, 2010 @ 913 grams
Almost 1 year old and going strong!

June '11 - Initial u/s and blood work with clinic
(I can't believe we might do this again!)

#12 Shazza

Shazza
  • Global 100+
  • 596 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

This clinic is certainly convenient compared to others. I go to Dr Williams and find her quite competent. Wait times can be long to see her though.
Me: 44 DH: 50
IVF#1 - September 2009 transferred 2 on Day 5, 4 frosties - BFN
FET#1 - December 2009 transferred 3 frosties, 1 didn't make it - BFP
January 2010 - missed miscarriage
switched clinics
IVF#2 - April 2010 transferred 2 Day 3 embies, no frosties
May 10 - BFP - 572
June 2010 - missed miscarriage
Immune testing at AEB
October 2010 - started Humira
November 2010 - start IVIg
IVF#3 - November 2010 transferred 2 on Day 3, no frosties
Dec 13 - BFP - 1029
Jan 7 - viability u/s - one hb of 168, the other didn't make it
Jan 21 - u/s shows hb of 178 and a dancing bean
May 2 - short cervix - put on bedrest
DD born August 14 at 6lb12oz
IVF#4 - April 2012
May 7 - transferred one 5AB0 embie, 4 frosties
May 22 - BFP - 2009
June 13 - viability u/s shows hb of 168
July 24 - cerclage
DD#2 born January 22, 2013 at 7lb10oz