Using donor eggs in Canada? - Research and Clinical Trials - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

Using donor eggs in Canada?

research donor eggs travel fertility tourism frozen eggs United States

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: Using donor eggs in Canada? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

What type of donor did you use?

1. Altruistic donor in Canada--a friend of family member (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Altruistic donor in Canada I found online (0 votes [0.00%])

3. I traveled to the US (0 votes [0.00%])

4. I had frozen eggs shipped from the US to Canada (0 votes [0.00%])

5. I had frozen eggs shipped from Europe to Canada (0 votes [0.00%])

6. I traveled to the Czech Republic (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

7. I traveled to Spain (0 votes [0.00%])

8. I traveled elsewhere (0 votes [0.00%])

9. I couldn't find a donor egg (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Login to vote

#1 researchcbrc

researchcbrc
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

Hi! 

My name is Skye Miner and I am a PhD student at McGill University. I am working on a project that involves talking to Canadian fertility patients via phone or Skype about their experiences obtaining donor eggs in Canada, traveling abroad for donor eggs or using frozen eggs/embryos from the US. I am also interested in talking to people who have decided not to pursue donor eggs. Any experience that you have will greatly advance my dissertation project. I am also interested in hearing a variety of perspectives both positive and negative. I will use this information to create information to help fertility patients navigate the tricky waters of egg donation in Canada.

The phone call is quick and easy and we can set it up for a time that works best for you. All you need to do is talk about your experience as a fertility patient in need of donor eggs in Canada. 

My research is approved by the McGill Research Ethics Board (REB # 431-0416), which means that I am bound by law to keep all information that you share with me confidential. I don't even need your real name; so, you can contact me via your screen name or a pseudonym that you use here. 

My research will be used purely for academic purposes. I am not connected to any industry or regulatory body. The information that I am gathering from current and past fertility patients will be used in a larger research project that seeks to explore patient and caregivers’ experiences with cross border reproductive care. My research is currently funded by McGill University's Institute for Canadian Studies and European Union Center for Excellence.

Thank you for your time. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at 1-514-559-7593 or skye.miner@mail.mcgill.ca. You also can contact my supervisor, Dr. Jennifer Fishman at 1-514-398-7403 jennifer.fishman@mcgill.ca. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: research, donor eggs, travel, fertility tourism, frozen eggs, United States