558 replies to this topic

#101 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

Cass, I'm sorry your son had to go through that and now your aunt. Sending a prayer your way for her. Everything is good with your son now?

Lespedez! Congrats on the identical twins!!! I can imagine your fears but it's also so very exciting!! Double the love!!

Ttc , it's so nice when you get that feeling of relief!! Then two, three weeks go by and you worry all over again until your next scheduled ultrasound.

I did my Prenatal non invasive testing today. Monday I will get hopefully all good news and also find out the sex!
  • YVR123 likes this

#102 bb houseman

bb houseman
  • 47 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:44 PM

Cassandra- glad it was just a scare!

Congrats Jlawson on the first ultrasound.

I've been having weekly scans since I'm carrying twins that share a placenta, which puts them at a higher risk.  I appreciate the extra monitoring but it still puts me on edge the night before.  Today there was nothing much to report, they're still growing on schedule (9 weeks) and I saw one of them moving around.  Oh, and I get to finish my progesterone shots this week, yay!

I've been one of the lucky ones with minimal nausea.  My appetite is seriously out of control though!  I have to carry snacks everywhere I go, and all I want is the bad stuff like chips, burgers, fries.  I'm managing to keep it reasonably healthy, though definitely with the odd indulgence.

bb houseman, I found out I'm carrying twins too!! I just had my 7 weeks ultrasound last week and they saw 2 heartbeats. Ours are also identical (we only transferred one embryo), so they are definitely sharing an embryo. Are yours sharing a sac? My husband and I hadn't even though of the possibility of twins, so we were both so shocked. I feel quite stressed about the higher risk. How are you managing?

Wow, congratulations!  Life with twins is going to be amazing and crazy :) We were also so shocked at the news, it took a few days to absorb it.  The twins do not share a sac, so this is better in terms of risk level.  Is this the same for you?  Whenever I get antsy thinking about the risks, I reassure myself that we are lucky to have excellent medical care and are being closely followed, which is giving them the best possible chance.  I wish I could say that I've been relaxing and taking extra care of myself, but I just started a new job two weeks ago and I'm trying to make a good impression before announcing a pregnancy.  I hope that you can take lots of rest, eat well, etc. and it will be great!

Me: 36, DH: 38, TTC since 2013

Dx: PCOS and mild Endo

5 cycles of timed intercourse on Clomid/Femara - 4 BFNs, 1 ectopic January 2015 (methotrexate)

3 IUIs w. injectables, 2 BFNs, 1 BFP m/c @ 7weeks July 2015

April - IVF #1: retrieved 8, fertilized 7, 3 made it to day 5

Transferred one fresh blast April 15, BFP!

Ultrasound #1 May 17th - it's identical twins! 

#103 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:photography, horses, and my beloved dogs and cats!

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:29 AM

I haven't bought anything yet other than a little pair of baby shoes to do a "we're expecting!" Announcement picture :) im going to wait till later in the summer to get stuff for sure. I also feel like I'll be jinxing things if I do it any sooner. I'm just anxious to get out of this dreaded first trimester. At the very beginning I had 3 u/s in 3 weeks and now I have this huge gap until July 4th before I get to see my next u/s! It's such a long wait. I still feel like crap with no appetite though so hoping that means that everything is still progressing!! One of my last ultrasounds, hubby was talking to the doctor while I was in the bathroom and he asked how I had been feeling. Hubby said I was feeling pretty crappy and the doctor said that was good and that means the baby is growing lol. So every time I feel like crap, I just remind myself that my baby is growing!

#104 bb houseman

bb houseman
  • 47 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

So, I had a sudden bleed last night and passed a clot. Like Cassandra, I ruined a pair of jeans. It was terrifying. But thankfully I got in for an exam and scan and everything was okay. Both babies are still at the right size and heart rate. I'm leaving on vacation to the UK tomorrow, so I'm now pretty anxious about travel!

Me: 36, DH: 38, TTC since 2013

Dx: PCOS and mild Endo

5 cycles of timed intercourse on Clomid/Femara - 4 BFNs, 1 ectopic January 2015 (methotrexate)

3 IUIs w. injectables, 2 BFNs, 1 BFP m/c @ 7weeks July 2015

April - IVF #1: retrieved 8, fertilized 7, 3 made it to day 5

Transferred one fresh blast April 15, BFP!

Ultrasound #1 May 17th - it's identical twins! 

#105 TTC'ing#1

TTC'ing#1
  • 68 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

So, I had a sudden bleed last night and passed a clot. Like Cassandra, I ruined a pair of jeans. It was terrifying. But thankfully I got in for an exam and scan and everything was okay. Both babies are still at the right size and heart rate. I'm leaving on vacation to the UK tomorrow, so I'm now pretty anxious about travel!

I hope for safe travels and nothing happens during your trip!!

Me:31 DH:30 TTC: since 2012//Me: PCOS Him: MFI Severe Oligospermia 

Wait listed as of Dec. 2/15

Signed OHIP Consent Mar. 1/16

Antagonist protocol;

Gonal- F started April 19

Gonal- F 112.5 iu + .25 Centrotide(Days 1-8)

increased Gonal- F to 175iu + 75iu Luveris & Centrotide (Days 9-10)

ER May 1/16: 4 eggs retrived, 3 matured & fertilized with ICSI.

Only 1 embryo=Day 2 transfereusa_pray.gif 

May 17th [email protected]th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif 

June 13th-1st u/s [email protected]

#106 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

Glad that everything is ok, so scary in the moment

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#107 Lespedeza

Lespedeza
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:13 PM

Glad everything is okay bb houseman!! I traveled early on and it was a nice distraction. I did opt out of those body scanners in the airport though because I didn't know how they would affect the tiny embryo.

I had my scan today. Twin a looked great with a strong heartbeat but twin b was measuring behind about a week and the heartbeat was slow at 100. I'm having mixed emotions! Twins made me nervous because of the high risk but I feel sad about twin b. I hope twin a continues to stay strong.

#108 justrelax

justrelax
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

I've been too scared to post anything on any forum because I still can't believe that we got our BFP after 4 years of treatment and I'm so scared. After reading everyone's comments it sounds like I'm not alone. I'm 10 weeks and was trying to wait until 13 weeks to post anything but I just can't wait! 

I had an US at Trio May 25 and we got to see the little embryo and the heart beat. It was incredible! My OB doesn't see me until 23 weeks and we opted out of the Prenatal testing so I don't know when we get to see our baby again. I'm trying so hard to enjoy being pregnant but I get so nervous and hope everything is okay. 

I stopped my Estrogen and Progesterone last weekend. I'm loving being off of them and not having such a mess. I was so nervous about stopping my meds that I've been having nightmares about having a miscarriage so I'd love to see this little guy or girl on an ultrasound soon. 

LauraK we did a FET at the same clinic on the same day! My Doc is Dr. Cadesky. I'm so happy for you! 

IVF Rookie Did you do FET on April 21 at Trio too??? What?! Lucky day at Trio! I'm really struggling with nausea too. Find any solutions? 

BBHouseman and Cassandra I'm glad you're both okay and shared about your bleeds. I have had 2 small bleeds. They were terrifying and I was so scared so thank you for sharing. I'm glad we're all okay. Hope you have a great trip BB. 

LauraK Can't wait to hear the sex! 

Lespedeza Hoping that twin a and b stay strong. When is your next scan? 

Congratulations everyone! I hope to continue to hear lots of great news from you all. I still can't believe I'm actually posting on a Due Date Buddies board finally. Yahoo!!!! 

• Cassandra_Angela and Laurak like this

June '12- TTC

June '13- Non-obstructive Azoospermia

Aug '13- Stage 2 Endo diagnosed and surgery to remove uterine fibroids

April '14- Uterine Fibroids surgery #2 (none found. oops. sorry) 

June '14- IVF #1 w fresh microtese 

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

Jan '16-   IVF #2 w frozen microtese and DS

April '16- FET = BFP!

Jan '17- Baby #1! 

Oct. '18- FET=BFp

July '19- Baby #2! 

#109 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:16 AM

Justrelax, what time was your transfer on April 21st? I'm also with Dr.Cadesky! Did you transfer a 5 day blast as well?? It's funny how yourself, IVFRookie and I transferred the same day, yet we're all at different weeks/days. Dr. Cadesky said my due date is Jan 5th which will make me 11 weeks tomorrow. Congratulations to you too!! Wow...after four years....good for you to not give up!! Which ob did you get referred to? I'll be with dr. Barkin At mount Sinai hospital. My next ultrasound is scheduled for the 24th. (I'm also super happy to be off the estrace and progesterone!!)

#110 Yellowknife

Yellowknife
  • Global 100+
  • 281 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

COngrats Justrelax!

So exciting:) It's actually pretty cool to be on here cos I think everyone understands each other 100% (all our fears and joys and paranoias!)

My doc out me on 200mg of progesterone suppositories a few weeks back and i usually take them at night before going to bed (so its not so much of a mess!)

I've forgotten to take them a few times and i found that those mornings are amazing! Well, ok, not amazing, but much better is the best term. I dont feel as nauseated or as sick. 

The doc hadnt even prescribed them to me until I asked and he said cos i did an IUI, it doesnt really make much of a diff. So im not taking them as religiously anymore. 

I think they are a big reason why i feel so crummy.

But then again, i REALLy shouldn't be complaining!

Me: 33DH: 33Married : 07-07-07TTC for 2 years before finding out about our infertility issueNovember 2009: found out that husband has azoospermiaApril 2010: biospy done on DH to find mature sperm in testes, sperm found, referral sent to CFC in July 2010November 22nd, 2010:confusion between doctors in regards to sperm analysis, also just been told that we need karyotype and micro-deletion resultsMay 2011:5 months later, Karyotype and micro deletion results are back and all is negative. We are ready to go for sperm retrieval!June 8th, 2011: Biospy done at CFC. Dr says there is NO VIABLE sperm. We are devastated..starting to look at other options.June 13th, 2011: Dr at CFC called two days after mTESE. Biospy results had been sent to lab and they DID find sperm. 12 straws of sperm frozen..waiting for my eggs.August 10th, 2011: HSG scheduled but when i got there, there was no Gyne available as Dr. never referred me to one! FRUSTRATED!!!August 29th, 2011: HSG done, most paingful thing EVER!!!!Sept 16 2011: HSG results look good. waiting to call in CD1. Once thats in, i should start treatment..anxious and very nervous!Sept. 22, 2011: called in. AF is in the house!Sept. 26, 2011: CFC finally called and i'm starting my first IVF cycleOct. 12th, 2011: start suprefactOct. 25th, 2011: baseline ultrasound. Everything looks good. Couldn't determind the # of AF but the doc and nurses say it was "many" in both ovaries.Oct. 26th, 2011: begin gonal-F (225IUI) and Luveris (75IUI) injections. Hoping to start an egg factoryOct. 28, 2011: Fly down to CalgaryOct. 29th, 2011: b/w, E2 levels at 716. Too high. Doc lowered my Gonal-F dosage to 150Oct. 30, 2011: 1st u/s shows 13 follies lt, 15 follicles rt. Risk of OHSS. Lowered dosage again to 125Nov. 1st, 2011: 2nd u/s shows 15 follies on each side. E2 levels are at 3224!!!! lowered Gonal F to 100 iuiNov. 3rd, 2011: 3rd u/s shows 20 follies on each side. avrg size of 14 mm. E2 7634. Same dosageNov. 4th, 2011: 4th u/s 40 follicles, avg size 18mm. E2 11 034. Coasting. No more injections until trigger!Nov. 5th, 2011: 5th b/w. E2 14000+. HCG triggerNov. 7, 2011: ER, 22 eggs retrieved, 20 mature, 1 borderline, 1 immature.Nov. 8th, 2011: only 3 fertilized :(Nov. 9th, 2011: assessment, 5% risk of OHSS, very minimal fluid. Good for transfer. 3 embryos at 5-cell stageNovember 10th, 2011: transferred two 8-cell embryos. Froze one compounding 10-cell embryo.Nov. 21st, 2011: BETA 7. BFN. End of the road for this cycle.May 11th, 2012 : start suprefactMay 25th, 2012: start estradiolJune 7th, 2012 : U/S, lining between 8-8.9mm.June 8th, 20120: Good to go for FET. Start progesteroneJune 9th, 2012: off to CalgaryJune 11th, 2012: FET. 3 day 7 cell embryo. Start the 2WWJune 24th, 2012; HPT. BFNJune 26th, 2012: scheduled pregnancy test

March 2016: Starting process for IUI using sperm donor. TSH 1.7, CMV -. FSH 5.6.Day-21 Prog 22.9. Medicated IUI(Clomid CD3-CD7). OPK and BBT used. Not using a fertility clinic or fertility doctor. 1st IUI May 8th,2016 (MOTHERS DAY!), 2nd IUI May 9th, 2016. HPT at 10DPO BFP. Beta #1 at 11 dpo= 41. Beta #2 at 14dpo = 325. Beta #3 at 16dpo = 889. First u/s scheduled for June 2nd. th_abfp.gifth_abfp.gif

#111 justrelax

justrelax
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

LauraK This is so wild that we all transferred on April 21 at Trio! I think mine was at 1pm and it was a 5 day blast. The girl beside me (maybe you or IVFRookie) was dying to go to the bathroom and I was so tempted to tell her that if she ever had to do IVF again just drink 500ml instead of 1L. My due date is Jan. 8. Weird that we're all different due dates. haha. I commuted into Trio so my OB is hopefully Dr. Sharma in Oakville. Lucky I did commute because the Burlington Clinic ONE Fertility just called me and said they can fit me in for OHIP funded IVF NEXT SEPTEMBER. TRIO already did my OHIP IVF in January and FET in April. I could have never waited that long! 

Yellowknife- I think you're right that the Progesterone contributed big time to my nausea. I was on 3 suppositories a day! I've been off of them for 3 days and am feeling SOOO much better. Now I just feel sick as opposed to being poisoned tongue.png This is a great place for finding people that get this journey. It can feel so isolating to go through this so it's awesome to login here and see that other people have similar experiences and fears. I think we've all heard bad news and been though so much that it's natural to be scared.

• Laurak likes this

June '12- TTC

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

April '16- FET = BFP!

Jan '17- Baby #1! 

Oct. '18- FET=BFp

July '19- Baby #2! 

#112 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

Justrelax, no way! That is so crazy that we were all successful!! Awesome! I'm with dr Bentov. This time when I went for the FET, the nurse told me I got a gold star because my bladder was perfectly full! LOL! The first time I went I had to pee sooo bad and luckily got the go pee a little bit before the procedure but this time I just didn't drink quite as much as was good to go. I think I was around 1pm as well... I can't remember though! Laura I know I was just before you so whatever time that was!

As for the nausea, it's off and on. Most days at work, (I work in a factory on the assembly line so don't have a lot of options to leave) I just sneak some crackers in my pocket and have one when I feel a bit hungry. I've also been keeping some werther's candies and having those has been helping a bit!!
  • Laurak likes this

#113 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:37 PM

Justrelax, that was meeeee!!!! I was dying to go pee!! Aww you were the pretty blonde next to me. Nice to meet you!!! Haha :) I drank waaayyyy too much water!!! I was thinking that you might have been IVFRookie next to me lol. My apt was at 1:30 but didn't go in until closer to 2! You're so lucky yours was funded. Hopefully my next one will be. April 21st was a good day for us ladies!!

#114 justrelax

justrelax
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:39 PM

Yay April 21 :) 

IVF Rookie, you are one tough lady working on a line while pregnant. Do you have to stand for your whole shift? Werthers is a good idea. I'm gonna try that. 

Laurak! I can't believe that was you! Small world! You and your partner are too cute! You guys were cracking us up and we were telling each other we really hoped it would work out for you guys (and us) and it did! 

We paid for our first IVF and we have the money set aside for our next one so having OHIP pay for this one was amazing. Wish all infertility warriors nationwide and worldwide got one funded cycle. It's physically and emotionally stressful enough without the added INSANE financial costs. Of course, we'd all give anything just for it to be successful. 

Has anyone had to tell a fellow infertility friend that they're pregnant? I have a good friend that I met at infertility yoga a few years ago and we've been through our IVFs together, meeting for drinks and walking our dogs together regularly and I just don't know how to tell her. I know she'll be so happy for us but I also know how much it hurts. She hasn't asked and she's right in the middle of a fresh IVF cycle so I'm tempted to leave it for a few weeks but it just feels like there's no good time or easy way to say it. 

• Laurak likes this

June '12- TTC

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

April '16- FET = BFP!

Jan '17- Baby #1! 

Oct. '18- FET=BFp

July '19- Baby #2! 

#115 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

I did, I had to tell my long time friend since grade 6. She cried (but really tried not to), I knew that she would and I felt HORRIBLE but I knew that she would feel worse if I tried to hide it from her. I dont bring up anything pregnancy related unless she asks me, I am taking her cues because I have been in her shoes enough times to feel the shoes that shes walking in

Today I got the appointment for my IPS ultrasound (June 29th, we arent doing the bloodwork) AND my anatomy scan. Its August 12th.... that is not that far away. Now we just have till then to decide for sure that we dont want to know the gender

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#116 Lespedeza

Lespedeza
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

I did, I had to tell my long time friend since grade 6. She cried (but really tried not to), I knew that she would and I felt HORRIBLE but I knew that she would feel worse if I tried to hide it from her. I dont bring up anything pregnancy related unless she asks me, I am taking her cues because I have been in her shoes enough times to feel the shoes that shes walking in

Today I got the appointment for my IPS ultrasound (June 29th, we arent doing the bloodwork) AND my anatomy scan. Its August 12th.... that is not that far away. Now we just have till then to decide for sure that we dont want to know the gender

Aww that's sad. I don't have any friends with infertility (which is why I'm on here!). That sounds difficult having to share those news, but going through the same issues yourself I'm sure makes you so empathetic.

I'm still afraid to even tell my parents/siblings/family, so I haven't told anybody except my husband, of course. I'll only be 8 weeks this weekend. When did you guys tell your close family?

#117 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

Just relax, we were playing rock, scissor, paper to kill time but my hubby kept making me laugh which made my full bladder feel like it was going to explode!!! But I loved that he was making me smile the whole time. I wanted to ask you if that was your first time but you had left by the time I relieved my bladder!
I want to start the ivf process ASAP. Dr. Cadesky said 9 months after vag birth and 1 year after c-section. I'll call the day I give birth and say put me on the list!! I bet it'll be close to a two year wait by the time I have this little one. Tough call with your friend. I think I would tell her rather than hiding it, she will be sad because she wants that to be her but she will be super happy for you, and it'll give her hope for herself this cycle.

I got my results back today from my PNIT blood work (checking for abnormal chromosomes). I'm so happy to say everything was normal and we are having a HEALTHY baby GIRL!!! I knew it all along... Hubby thought it was a boy mama's always right ! ;)
I'm so excited and a bit more relaxed!!

#118 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:13 AM

Congrats Laura!! So lucky that you know already! My gender check us isn't till August 4th!! I did have a dream the other night that it was a girl though!!

Just relax- yes on my feet all day. It's awful. The shift changes/shift work is the worst though. And not to mention having to work with 75% men and them not quite fully understanding all the hormones and mood swings and overall feeling like crap. I swear I'm going to have to get outta there and start my pre birth mat leave before I end up losing my job for freaking out on someone!! Hahaha oh well. Take it as it comes I guess until I start to find it too difficult to come in.

I was reading something the other day about being in loud environments, like a concert or listening to loud music in your car, and how it could affect your baby's hearing after 13-15 weeks. Does anyone have any more info on that? I plan to ask my doctor on my next appt but that isn't for another two weeks (at which point I'll be 13 weeks) and I'm just wondering if I should start asking my health and safety reps if they've recorded how loud my area actually is and whether it's going to have a negative impact on his/her hearing?

#119 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility Clinic

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

So glad to see everyone's doing well with their pregnancy.

I went for my last appointment at my fertility clinic at 9 weeks 6 days. Got a very thorough technician and she did a long u/s which was a bit painful during the transvaginal 😖. But it's all worth it once i see the baby on the screen. Can't believe how big the baby has grown compared to the last two weeks. Baby was measuring right on track 9w6d with heartrate 168 rpm. This time, it actually looks like a baby with tiny arms and legs. Baby was moving a lot inside during the u/s. So so happy and relieved that i am almost at my second trimester.

After the u/s, i got to meet with my nurse and doctor . We said our goodbyes and thank you's . I didn't cry for any of my u/s appointments but this time , i was balling my eyes out . I guess it just suddenly hit me that this is happening and that now I will no longer need "treatment" . And my doctor reassured me that at this stage, my chances of miscarriage is down to 5%! I know i am still not out of the woods, but that just means so much to hear coming from him.

My hubby is going for his business trip to California next week. And i am planning to tag along. My doctor has said that i could go and he actually suggested me to go and enjoy. So i am hoping for the best and i feel like i need to get my mind of just beig worried about the pregnancy all the time so hopefully i can enjoy the trip. It's going to be a 5 hr flight.

I am excited to hear everyone's update on their progress.

Izzie - did you have your u/s yet??

Attached Files

• Laurak likes this
Me: 31 DH: 39
TTC : 4 years
August 2012 - Nov 2013 - ONE FERTILITY CLINIC
DIAGNOSES : UNEXPLAINED IF
Did clomid for 7 cycles BFN then 1x IUI also BFN
Took a break and ttc naturally - no baby
Dec 2014 IVF almost- cancelled (changed our mind - not ready)
Another break
Dec 2015 - HANNAM FERTILITY CLINIC
Diagnosis : Male factor (antisperm antibodies 98%)
Mar 2016 - IVF #1 (funded cycle)
Protocol: IVF/ICSI/freeze all
Mar 14 - egg retrieval - 11 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 9 divided well day 3, 5 blasts on day 5 (2x 5AA,3x 5AB) 1 day 6 (6AB)
April 27- FET (singelton 5AA almost hatched blast) 100% thaw rate
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 5 - FIRST BETA 286.5 !
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!
May 21st - 1st u/s - one healthy bean

#120 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

IVFRookie, thank you! I get what it's like standing up all day long. I'm a colorist at a hair salon and standing all day isn't easy. I did it with pregnancy 1 so hopefully pregnancy 2 is just as easy with this little chicky. I've never heard about loud surroundings causing hearing issues. I've never done any research on it...but funny how some people put headphones to their tummy so the baby can hear whatever nice and loud. Doesn't hurt to ask especially if you are in a very loud environment.

Beautiful ultrasound pic MCMiracle!! Enjoy your well deserved vacation!!

#121 izzie_mis

izzie_mis
  • 63 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:59 AM

So glad to see everyone's doing well with their pregnancy.

I went for my last appointment at my fertility clinic at 9 weeks 6 days. Got a very thorough technician and she did a long u/s which was a bit painful during the transvaginal . But it's all worth it once i see the baby on the screen. Can't believe how big the baby has grown compared to the last two weeks. Baby was measuring right on track 9w6d with heartrate 168 rpm. This time, it actually looks like a baby with tiny arms and legs. Baby was moving a lot inside during the u/s. So so happy and relieved that i am almost at my second trimester.

After the u/s, i got to meet with my nurse and doctor . We said our goodbyes and thank you's . I didn't cry for any of my u/s appointments but this time , i was balling my eyes out . I guess it just suddenly hit me that this is happening and that now I will no longer need "treatment" . And my doctor reassured me that at this stage, my chances of miscarriage is down to 5%! I know i am still not out of the woods, but that just means so much to hear coming from him.

My hubby is going for his business trip to California next week. And i am planning to tag along. My doctor has said that i could go and he actually suggested me to go and enjoy. So i am hoping for the best and i feel like i need to get my mind of just beig worried about the pregnancy all the time so hopefully i can enjoy the trip. It's going to be a 5 hr flight.

I am excited to hear everyone's update on their progress.

Izzie - did you have your u/s yet??

Awww, MCmiracle, I was getting so emotional reading your post especially the part with saying goodbye. We went through so much worries and doubts to get here. Congrats on your big milestone!!

I did my 1st u/s this Monday and saw the bean with healthy heartbeat at 141. I even framed the picture and put it next to our soft so we get to see him/her often at home giggle.gif. Going in next Tuesday for the next exam.

After the appt the nurse called and asked me to reduce my PIO shot to 0.5ml every other day (down from 1ml daily) because blood work shows enough level of progesterone (I guess too high or something). I was a bit hesitant but figured I am still using the pill as backup so should be ok.  

31 years old, Endo history, TTC 2 years

Clinic: Hannam

Started government funded cycle Jan 2016

Feb/2016 Protocol started Gonal F 225 + Luveris 75 daily + cetrotide + Lupron for triggering

March/2016 16 eggs retrieved, all mature, 13 fertilized using PICSI, all developing at day 3

March/2016 made a last minute decision to do PGS genetic testing

March/2016 8 Embryos were frozen!! Cells are sent to the US for genetic testing

April/2016 5 Embryos passed genetic testing!

May 13 2016 - One 5 day 4AA transfer

May 24 2016 (11dp5d) - th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif  1st Beta: 930?960? can't remember the exact number....

May 26 2016 (13dp5d) -  2nd Beta: 2600

June 13 2016 (7w1d) - 1st u/s, heartbeat 141

#122 Lespedeza

Lespedeza
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:13 AM

Laurak, a girl!!! So exciting! Congrats!

IVFRookie, I never heard of loud sounds affecting the baby-- but it's a good question! I would definitely ask.

Mcmiracle: enjoy your time in california! I went away for a week when i was about 5-6 weeks and it was such a good idea. You occupy yourself and keep yourself busy to take your mind off things. 

izzie, we did the same thing with our sonogram pictures too! I have them all over the place for little happy reminders. :) my next ultrasound is on Tuesday tooo.

It's so nice hearing good, healthy news from everyone. 

• Laurak likes this

#123 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility Clinic

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

Izzie- so happy for you as well. I posted all my u/s pics on my pregnancy app on my phone so whenever i want to look at it , i can. It's so amazing how you can love the baby so much even this tiny.

And thanks everyone for the encourgement. I'll definitely try to enjoy my trip
Me: 31 DH: 39
TTC : 4 years
August 2012 - Nov 2013 - ONE FERTILITY CLINIC
DIAGNOSES : UNEXPLAINED IF
Did clomid for 7 cycles BFN then 1x IUI also BFN
Took a break and ttc naturally - no baby
Dec 2014 IVF almost- cancelled (changed our mind - not ready)
Another break
Dec 2015 - HANNAM FERTILITY CLINIC
Diagnosis : Male factor (antisperm antibodies 98%)
Mar 2016 - IVF #1 (funded cycle)
Protocol: IVF/ICSI/freeze all
Mar 14 - egg retrieval - 11 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 9 divided well day 3, 5 blasts on day 5 (2x 5AA,3x 5AB) 1 day 6 (6AB)
April 27- FET (singelton 5AA almost hatched blast) 100% thaw rate
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 5 - FIRST BETA 286.5 !
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!
May 21st - 1st u/s - one healthy bean

#124 Yellowknife

Yellowknife
  • Global 100+
  • 281 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:39 PM

Hey ladies, just catching up on all the great news :)

I was wondering what your thoughts were about the abnormal chromosomes testing. We don't have much for resources here in Yellowknife and i'd probably have to go down to Edmonton if I wanted to get something other than the amniocentesis. Consdiering my age, i doubt I would wanna get that done. But i know there are blood tests around that they can do at week 11 I believe. I think its the PNIT LauraK is talking about.

Do you guys have any ideas? Are those tests covered where you guys live?

So funny story: Last week, it dawned on my that my nausea and crappy feeling may be from h pylori (a stomach bacteria I've had before). The symptoms are IDENTICAL and i was thinking "if i can get rid of this crappy feeling, this pregnancy would be such a breeze!:"

so anyway, i go to the hospital cos i figure they will do the breath test required and i'd leave with antibiotics. If they told me it was normal that i was feeling this way, the plan would be for me to leave with my tail between my legs and just "suck it up"

Anyway....two hours later (which was to be expected) the doc tells me they dont test for h pylori at emerg and that i'd have to go to the clinic during work hours to get tested. (i wish he'd told me that as soon as i told him thats what i was in for...)

he gave me a prescription for something and said try it for two weeks and see how you feel.

I go to the pharmacy the next day and the pharmacist says "uhhhh this is for Zantac"

ZANTAC!!!

lol, so two hours later, no test for what I was suspecting and Zantac (which hasn't helped at all)

hahahah 

the end :)

Me: 33DH: 33Married : 07-07-07TTC for 2 years before finding out about our infertility issueNovember 2009: found out that husband has azoospermiaApril 2010: biospy done on DH to find mature sperm in testes, sperm found, referral sent to CFC in July 2010November 22nd, 2010:confusion between doctors in regards to sperm analysis, also just been told that we need karyotype and micro-deletion resultsMay 2011:5 months later, Karyotype and micro deletion results are back and all is negative. We are ready to go for sperm retrieval!June 8th, 2011: Biospy done at CFC. Dr says there is NO VIABLE sperm. We are devastated..starting to look at other options.June 13th, 2011: Dr at CFC called two days after mTESE. Biospy results had been sent to lab and they DID find sperm. 12 straws of sperm frozen..waiting for my eggs.August 10th, 2011: HSG scheduled but when i got there, there was no Gyne available as Dr. never referred me to one! FRUSTRATED!!!August 29th, 2011: HSG done, most paingful thing EVER!!!!Sept 16 2011: HSG results look good. waiting to call in CD1. Once thats in, i should start treatment..anxious and very nervous!Sept. 22, 2011: called in. AF is in the house!Sept. 26, 2011: CFC finally called and i'm starting my first IVF cycleOct. 12th, 2011: start suprefactOct. 25th, 2011: baseline ultrasound. Everything looks good. Couldn't determind the # of AF but the doc and nurses say it was "many" in both ovaries.Oct. 26th, 2011: begin gonal-F (225IUI) and Luveris (75IUI) injections. Hoping to start an egg factoryOct. 28, 2011: Fly down to CalgaryOct. 29th, 2011: b/w, E2 levels at 716. Too high. Doc lowered my Gonal-F dosage to 150Oct. 30, 2011: 1st u/s shows 13 follies lt, 15 follicles rt. Risk of OHSS. Lowered dosage again to 125Nov. 1st, 2011: 2nd u/s shows 15 follies on each side. E2 levels are at 3224!!!! lowered Gonal F to 100 iuiNov. 3rd, 2011: 3rd u/s shows 20 follies on each side. avrg size of 14 mm. E2 7634. Same dosageNov. 4th, 2011: 4th u/s 40 follicles, avg size 18mm. E2 11 034. Coasting. No more injections until trigger!Nov. 5th, 2011: 5th b/w. E2 14000+. HCG triggerNov. 7, 2011: ER, 22 eggs retrieved, 20 mature, 1 borderline, 1 immature.Nov. 8th, 2011: only 3 fertilized :(Nov. 9th, 2011: assessment, 5% risk of OHSS, very minimal fluid. Good for transfer. 3 embryos at 5-cell stageNovember 10th, 2011: transferred two 8-cell embryos. Froze one compounding 10-cell embryo.Nov. 21st, 2011: BETA 7. BFN. End of the road for this cycle.May 11th, 2012 : start suprefactMay 25th, 2012: start estradiolJune 7th, 2012 : U/S, lining between 8-8.9mm.June 8th, 20120: Good to go for FET. Start progesteroneJune 9th, 2012: off to CalgaryJune 11th, 2012: FET. 3 day 7 cell embryo. Start the 2WWJune 24th, 2012; HPT. BFNJune 26th, 2012: scheduled pregnancy test

March 2016: Starting process for IUI using sperm donor. TSH 1.7, CMV -. FSH 5.6.Day-21 Prog 22.9. Medicated IUI(Clomid CD3-CD7). OPK and BBT used. Not using a fertility clinic or fertility doctor. 1st IUI May 8th,2016 (MOTHERS DAY!), 2nd IUI May 9th, 2016. HPT at 10DPO BFP. Beta #1 at 11 dpo= 41. Beta #2 at 14dpo = 325. Beta #3 at 16dpo = 889. First u/s scheduled for June 2nd. th_abfp.gifth_abfp.gif

#125 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

Yellowknife,
You're correct, the blood work I did was to check for chromosome abnormalities. At medcan (a private health care clinic) it cost me 930.00 after tax. I know at Mount Sinai Hospital it's about 650.00 Not cheap and not covered. But gave me piece of mind.
  • Yellowknife likes this