558 replies to this topic

#551 Ckat

Ckat
  • Global 100+
  • 163 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Cassandra, so sorry to hear about your son. sending positive thoughts your way. xx

#552 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

Thanks ladies, we always knew that it was a possibility but theres so much pressure put on the 5 year mark that once you reach that point you do feel a sense of relaxation. In our case this relapse (if thats indeed what it is) came five months after that milestone. Biopsy results should be ready any day but the preliminary results didnt sound too promising. Like IVF its a lot of hurry up and wait

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#553 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:photography, horses, and my beloved dogs and cats!
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:35 PM

Hey ladies!

Cassandra I'm so sorry to hear that about your son. I really hope you get some good news soon and not the alternative.

I'm probably not a whole lot of help to you guys considering a second pregnancy because I totally do not want another round of ivf lol. I friggin love my little Isabel more than anything in this world but going through ivf, the stress, the appointments, the pain, the price... absolutely nothing appeals to me about it. I have constant battles with myself about giving her a sibling and if by some miracle I got pregnant naturally I wouldn't be upset, but going through the whole process again is just not what I want to do. I'm envious of you guys going ahead with it. We did not have any embryos left so would have to start from the very beginning, and our doctor has left TCART so we would have to start at a whole new clinic if we wanted to stay with him, or start with a whole new doctor. I can't imagine dealing with all that stress and trying to still take care of a baby at the same time.

As for Isabel, she's doing well! She's still really little (on my scale at home I weighed her at 14.5#s at 6 months. I feel sick that she's already 6 months old. I can't believe it!! She is super smart and strong and so loveable but still a very sensitive little lady. Lots of stranger danger with people she doesn't know, but people she does know she is so smiley and laughs ALL the time. I love it so much. I keep meaning to pick up a journal and start writing everything down. The new things she does and the cute things that I will miss when they're gone. I can already find myself forgetting sweet things she does so I want to have it all in one place. Maybe one day she'll read it when she's older :P we are going on a trip to visit family out east in Nova Scotia in a couple weeks so it'll be Isabel's first plane ride. I'm really nervous and hope she keeps her cool but I'm really looking forward to the vacation!! Our sleep situation here is slowly getting better. We have good nights and bad nights. Right now we're transitioning her in her dock a tot still, moving into the playpen in our room. We've had a few good nights and a few horrible sleepless nights but she's getting the hang of it. A few times I think she's woken up and genuinely not known where she was and lost her marbles but as soon as I picked her up she relaxes. She'll get there. I can't bring myself to do the old cry it out method so I'll just take it day by day and suffer through the tiredness :P

Well I guess I should stop blabbing. Happy 6 months to all of your babies!!!

#554 justrelax

justrelax
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

Woke this morning thinking of you all. How is everyone? How are the babes? How are those of you that started IVF? Cassandra, how is your son? 

I really hope that you're all well. 

Finn is 7 months and more interactive every day. This really is a fun age. He still hates sleeping unfortunately. I'm one tired but happy mama. 

June '12- TTC

June '13- Non-obstructive Azoospermia

Aug '13- Stage 2 Endo diagnosed and surgery to remove uterine fibroids

April '14- Uterine Fibroids surgery #2 (none found. oops. sorry) 

June '14- IVF #1 w fresh microtese 

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

Jan '16-   IVF #2 w frozen microtese and DS

April '16- FET = BFP!

Jan '17- Baby #1! 

Oct. '18- FET=BFp

July '19- Baby #2! 

#555 ltvixen

ltvixen
  • Global 100+
  • 142 posts
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

Bree is a busy 7 month old. 2 teeth, rolling around and sitting up, crawling doesn't seem far off. Hard to believe last year this time i dont even think I knew her gender yet!

Me: 35 and single

06/15 - 1st IUI - BFN

08/15 - 2nd IUI - BFN

Jan 18/16 - transferred 1x5 day blast and froze 7 more!

Feb 01/16 - BFN!

May 03/16 - FET (1 5 day embryo transferred)

#556 Yellowknife

Yellowknife
  • Global 100+
  • 281 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

HI everyone! 

man its been a while :) 

I am so sorry to hear about your son Cassandra. ANy updates? how is is feeling? How are you feeling?

our little, not so little anymore, Naya is great so far. she has two bottom teeth and im pretty sure her top ones are coming in for sure cos its drool city over here. she is army crawling and saying "mamma". she has been sleeping through the night since she was 3-4 months but doesnt nap too too well!  i got her ears pierced last week and she still doesnt have much hair. shes a happy baby most of the time and we are very thankful :)

Im visiting my parents in MTL right now and we had to drive to TO for my sister bb shower. I can't believe how well it went. I was sure we would have to stop a lot more times than we did.

Im still BFing and would love to for as long as i can, but im going to be away from Naya for two weeks during Xmas ( :( ) so i think i'll have to slowly ween her off at that point. I got my period two months after she was born so it didnt take my body long. I would love so much to have another by my husband is done. We still have the sperm samples in storage  just in case he changes his mind. but it doesnt look like he will. Im already 38 too, and IF we decided to have another, i'd be 39 when it was born. I already find that im worn out and drained..cant even thnk of how it will be when i'll be over 40 with a toddler! aaahhhh

she dropped in weight % so im on domeridone for my supply and its been going great. I'd say she's about 16 lbs now (she's about 7 1/2 months old).

i hope u are all doing well. i really should check this chat more often to get from your news! i miss chatting with you girls!

Me: 33DH: 33Married : 07-07-07TTC for 2 years before finding out about our infertility issueNovember 2009: found out that husband has azoospermiaApril 2010: biospy done on DH to find mature sperm in testes, sperm found, referral sent to CFC in July 2010November 22nd, 2010:confusion between doctors in regards to sperm analysis, also just been told that we need karyotype and micro-deletion resultsMay 2011:5 months later, Karyotype and micro deletion results are back and all is negative. We are ready to go for sperm retrieval!June 8th, 2011: Biospy done at CFC. Dr says there is NO VIABLE sperm. We are devastated..starting to look at other options.June 13th, 2011: Dr at CFC called two days after mTESE. Biospy results had been sent to lab and they DID find sperm. 12 straws of sperm frozen..waiting for my eggs.August 10th, 2011: HSG scheduled but when i got there, there was no Gyne available as Dr. never referred me to one! FRUSTRATED!!!August 29th, 2011: HSG done, most paingful thing EVER!!!!Sept 16 2011: HSG results look good. waiting to call in CD1. Once thats in, i should start treatment..anxious and very nervous!Sept. 22, 2011: called in. AF is in the house!Sept. 26, 2011: CFC finally called and i'm starting my first IVF cycleOct. 12th, 2011: start suprefactOct. 25th, 2011: baseline ultrasound. Everything looks good. Couldn't determind the # of AF but the doc and nurses say it was "many" in both ovaries.Oct. 26th, 2011: begin gonal-F (225IUI) and Luveris (75IUI) injections. Hoping to start an egg factoryOct. 28, 2011: Fly down to CalgaryOct. 29th, 2011: b/w, E2 levels at 716. Too high. Doc lowered my Gonal-F dosage to 150Oct. 30, 2011: 1st u/s shows 13 follies lt, 15 follicles rt. Risk of OHSS. Lowered dosage again to 125Nov. 1st, 2011: 2nd u/s shows 15 follies on each side. E2 levels are at 3224!!!! lowered Gonal F to 100 iuiNov. 3rd, 2011: 3rd u/s shows 20 follies on each side. avrg size of 14 mm. E2 7634. Same dosageNov. 4th, 2011: 4th u/s 40 follicles, avg size 18mm. E2 11 034. Coasting. No more injections until trigger!Nov. 5th, 2011: 5th b/w. E2 14000+. HCG triggerNov. 7, 2011: ER, 22 eggs retrieved, 20 mature, 1 borderline, 1 immature.Nov. 8th, 2011: only 3 fertilized :(Nov. 9th, 2011: assessment, 5% risk of OHSS, very minimal fluid. Good for transfer. 3 embryos at 5-cell stageNovember 10th, 2011: transferred two 8-cell embryos. Froze one compounding 10-cell embryo.Nov. 21st, 2011: BETA 7. BFN. End of the road for this cycle.May 11th, 2012 : start suprefactMay 25th, 2012: start estradiolJune 7th, 2012 : U/S, lining between 8-8.9mm.June 8th, 20120: Good to go for FET. Start progesteroneJune 9th, 2012: off to CalgaryJune 11th, 2012: FET. 3 day 7 cell embryo. Start the 2WWJune 24th, 2012; HPT. BFNJune 26th, 2012: scheduled pregnancy test

March 2016: Starting process for IUI using sperm donor. TSH 1.7, CMV -. FSH 5.6.Day-21 Prog 22.9. Medicated IUI(Clomid CD3-CD7). OPK and BBT used. Not using a fertility clinic or fertility doctor. 1st IUI May 8th,2016 (MOTHERS DAY!), 2nd IUI May 9th, 2016. HPT at 10DPO BFP. Beta #1 at 11 dpo= 41. Beta #2 at 14dpo = 325. Beta #3 at 16dpo = 889. First u/s scheduled for June 2nd. th_abfp.gifth_abfp.gif

#557 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Hey - its been a while!

My son is doing ok, he started chemo last week but thankfully is tolerating it quite well.

Beau now crawls at lightening speed and walks around furniture (shes trying to give me a heart attack I swear)

She weighs 19 pounds 5 ounces and is the light in some of the patients lives at the cancer center.

We are going to do another FET in January, since she is still EBF I didnt want to rush her to wean. The doc said that the meds while safe can sometimes dry up milk so I wanted to wait until we met our one year goal. Im building a stash for her though so she'll still have milk if I do happen to dry up.

Anybody else thinking about birthday parties yet?

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#558 ltvixen

ltvixen
  • Global 100+
  • 142 posts
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Wow I can't believe you're trying the fet in 4 months! Im still tryijg to figure out sleep training!
Bree is crawling around into everything. I'm still formula and breastfeeding. That girl loves the boob. On domperidone fenugreek and blessed thistle. No sign of my period which I assume is the meds. Last no th bree weighed almost 18lbs, haven't weighed her since.

Me: 35 and single

06/15 - 1st IUI - BFN

08/15 - 2nd IUI - BFN

Jan 18/16 - transferred 1x5 day blast and froze 7 more!

Feb 01/16 - BFN!

May 03/16 - FET (1 5 day embryo transferred)

#559 justrelax

justrelax
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

Happy 18 month birthday to our babies! I really hope you're all doing well. 

How's your son Cassandra? Sending lots of love your way.  

Isn't this age just the best?!?! I am loving all of the entertainment. I wanted a baby for so long that I thought I'd be so sad to see the baby days going but this toddler age, for me, is way better. So much fun and laughter. The first year was really tough with babe's reflux and therefore colic and no sleep. It was tough on our marriage which was a big surprise as I thought that the 5 years of IVF was gonna be the hard part.  

We just had our first visit to the fertility clinic and I have a sonohysterogram on Tuesday. Man, walking back in there brought back loads of emotions! I don't know if I'm ready to go through it all again just yet. I'm gonna do this preliminary tests and then decide when to start.

I'm still breastfeeding. Just to sleep, so 2 naps and bedtime. I'm ready to stop but can't seem to get him down without it. 

Truly wishing you ladies all the best as I know you are some of the toughest mamas out there. You fought hard to get your beautiful babies. 

I'd love to hear about all of your journeys! 

June '12- TTC

June '13- Non-obstructive Azoospermia

Aug '13- Stage 2 Endo diagnosed and surgery to remove uterine fibroids

April '14- Uterine Fibroids surgery #2 (none found. oops. sorry) 

June '14- IVF #1 w fresh microtese 

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

Jan '16-   IVF #2 w frozen microtese and DS

April '16- FET = BFP!

Jan '17- Baby #1! 

Oct. '18- FET=BFp

July '19- Baby #2!