• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aryan225

aryan225
  • 33 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Dr. Claman

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:16 PM

Hi there.  I am new on the site.  We were referred to Dr. Reid in Kingston by our doctor 2 weeks ago.  I was wondering how long you have waited to hear when your appointment is, and how long the wait is for your actual appointment?  Our doctor said the wait would be anywhere from 2 weeks to many months.  My husband has high abnormality (60) and low motility (11) and went for an ultrasound and xray yesterday and has a referral to a urologist (August 22nd).  Anyone in this position?  Doctor tells us that we are ideal candidates for IUI/Invitro because of our age, but that we may also now be waiting longer because of our age (we are 28 - double edge sword - we aren't getting any younger).  

Thanks for any feedback - I truly do appreciate it!

#2 Hongutar

Hongutar
  • 3 posts
  • My Clinic:Kingston/OFC

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:55 PM

Hi there, I'm new here, too and in a similar boat...I waited about three weeks for an appointment with Dr. Velez in Kingston, but I got impatient and called them. The woman on the phone was very kind and said I was near the top of the pile and booked me for the following week. So, maybe it's worth a phone call to check in?

My first appointment was just for a consultation and basic pelvic exam. The second was for an internal ultrasound and the third was for an HSG. I think they typically do the HSG on the second appointment, but I wasn't able to make it because of a snowstorm. All three appointments took place over the course of a few months and I honestly don't know what happens next. Doctors aren't always the best communicators! And perhaps your doctor will do things differently anyway...hope that helps a bit!

We are both 35.

TTC for three years.

Dx is low sperm count.

All of my results have been normal.

On Aug 31/17 we had 19 eggs extracted.

15 eggs mature. 10 fertilized.

Only one embryo made it (now frozen).

On Sept 5/17 transfer was cancelled.

Waiting...

#3 NK1980

NK1980
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

Hello, I'm not sure if things have changed much, but when I was referred to Dr. Reid (in October 2014) it took until May 2015 to see him, and then he shut down for the summer months, so we really didn't get going until September. My advice would be to go straight to the Ottawa Fertility Centre. In my opinion they do a much more thorough job of trying to diagnose and treat whatever issue you may be dealing with. I also hear they are opening up a satellite office in Kingston. Good luck!

#4 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

We are with a different doctor in a different town, but there is lots of waiting, and something you should get ready for. Even after you go for you first appointment, there are various tests to go to, another appointment or two, and it is always a waiting game. Just take a deep breath and know that you are doing what you can, and you are now in the system. Or try another clinic, but still the waiting times are there. We self-referred to a clinic in January, and may just be starting our first IVF in a month and a bit (and that's with a privately funded cycle).

I don't mean to scare you, but if you get anxious, it doesn't help your process or your outcome.

Believe me, I know it is hard to wait, it is hard for everyone especially when you are ready to have a baby, but biology is just not working for you as fast as you would like.

#5 aryan225

aryan225
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:36 AM

Thank you!! I ended up calling Dr. Reid's office and was told that I missed my appointment (because nobody told me).  Luckily, we got in 2 weeks later.  We have gone through all the testing.  We were advised that IUI might not work, but decided we would try one round.  We did that, and it didn't work.  Dr. Velez advised us against doing any more rounds of IUI because the sperm count was quite low.  We were referred on September 1, 2016 to OFC.  Still hadn't heard back as of yesterday, so I called Dr. Velez's office (she advised me to call at the end of the month if we hadn't heard back from OFC).  Dr. Velez's secretary is supposed to be looking into it and seeing why they haven't called back.  I know I need to be patient - but has anyone else had this long of a wait just to get a call back from OFC?

#6 Skroeze

Skroeze
  • Global 100+
  • 165 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Center

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

I did.
I was referred to ofc by Dr. Reids office in Jan 2016. I didn't hear from them for 2 1/2 months.
<p>5/2012- Started Trying6/2012- Diagnosed with cervical displaysia. TTC on hold after treatment2/2013- Started TTC again2/2014- No luck. MD refers to OB/GYN6/2014- OB/GYN starts Clomid8/2015- 10 rounds of clomid failed. OB/GYN refers to RE11/2015- Meet with RE. Start IUI12/2015- IUI epic failure. Hubby couldn't produce..... on to IVF with frozen sample3/2016- Meet with OFC. Get on funded IVF cycle waitlist8/2016- Name up on waitlist. make first appointment for 9/2016</p><p>10/2016- BCP month..... things are starting11/2016- IVF round 1 stimms start!11/2016- overstimmed going for freeze all02/2017- First FET cycle. transfer 02/24/2017 BFP  03/02/201703/14/17 miscarriage</p><p>04/19/17- second FET cycle. transfer 05/17/2017 BFP 05/24/2017</p><p>06/2017 - beta confirmed pregnant.
DS 01/25/2018
FET 11/2019- BFN
FET 03/2020- BFP?

#7 aryan225

aryan225
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

I'm so sorry it took so long.  I've heard (and now totally agree) that you really need to stay on top of it.  I ended up calling Dr. Velez's office on Nov 1st (exactly 2 months after being referred to OFC) and they called OFC and I received a call back from OFC within 15 minutes.  They ended up having a cancellation on Nov. 2nd, so it luckily worked out for us.  We were put on the IVF funded waitlist on Nov. 3rd.  Was told it's about 1 year from getting on the list to actually having the procedure done.  We saw Dr. Claman on Nov. 2nd, and he was shocked that we had every single test done that they wanted and requested medical records from Dr. Velez (something that I think should have been sent over in the first place with our consent because now we are likely going to have to go back to see Dr. Claman to discuss all the results from our testing at KGH).  But I guess it's a whole lot of waiting through this entire process!!

#8 Skroeze

Skroeze
  • Global 100+
  • 165 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Center

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:33 AM

Aryan

I was put on funded wait list on March 4th. I got off it late august. I am now doing my simms for ivf cycle.
Be prepared they gave us worst case scenario of 1 year too.
Fingers crossed you get your sooner too!
<p>5/2012- Started Trying6/2012- Diagnosed with cervical displaysia. TTC on hold after treatment2/2013- Started TTC again2/2014- No luck. MD refers to OB/GYN6/2014- OB/GYN starts Clomid8/2015- 10 rounds of clomid failed. OB/GYN refers to RE11/2015- Meet with RE. Start IUI12/2015- IUI epic failure. Hubby couldn't produce..... on to IVF with frozen sample3/2016- Meet with OFC. Get on funded IVF cycle waitlist8/2016- Name up on waitlist. make first appointment for 9/2016</p><p>10/2016- BCP month..... things are starting11/2016- IVF round 1 stimms start!11/2016- overstimmed going for freeze all02/2017- First FET cycle. transfer 02/24/2017 BFP  03/02/201703/14/17 miscarriage</p><p>04/19/17- second FET cycle. transfer 05/17/2017 BFP 05/24/2017</p><p>06/2017 - beta confirmed pregnant.
DS 01/25/2018
FET 11/2019- BFN
FET 03/2020- BFP?

#9 aryan225

aryan225
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

Thanks!  My friend did it and was about 10 months to actual IVF, so that gets my spirits up a little!  We aren't even sure if we will wait the entire time, we may pay for it ourselves, but we figured in the meantime we might as well get on the list just in case!  Good luck Skroeze!!!