Non-Obstructive Azoospermia - Micro-TESE - IVF-ICSI - Success Stories - Page 2 - Male Factor - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Non-Obstructive Azoospermia - Micro-TESE - IVF-ICSI - Success Stories

Azoospermia Micro-TESE IVF-ICSI Success Stories

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 kmo

kmo
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:02 AM

Hi guys just wanted to share my story so far on this topic. It's a long one but here is the short version. My Hubby had sperm that mysteriously disappeared. We never got a reason why. He did Mtese thank god they found sperm only had to go into one side 70% of the way in and reserved the rest. That was enough to fertilize my 7 fresh eggs and freeze 5 ampules. Did a fresh 5 day double transfer bfn. Had two to freeze just transferred one and today got a bfp its early days but I hope it stays and just wanted to give hope to some others out there. I know how desperately I wanted to hear positive stories when we first found out.

Hi Wishing5 i feel like i happened upon your post by good fortune today, My DH has azoospermia and the Dr told us today we could do a timed micro tese with a fresh ivf cycle. I wanted to ask how did you cope going through IVF not knowing if your husband would have sperm after Mtese? My DH is willing to do this option and says he'll only do the procedure once so if they dont find enough sperm to freeze but they find some, then at least I'll have fresh eggs at the ready. What made you come to the decision to do a freshly timed cycle along with mtese? Also big congrats!! your story gives me hope preggo.gif

#27 Wishing5

Wishing5
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:Qfg

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

Hi there. I coped because I just thought failure is not an option i had to believe that there was sperm there how could there not be after he did have it! The most stressful part was coordinating the timing of my Drs the urologist wanted me to use frozen eggs. I insisted on fresh because from my research fresh is best. I'm glad I did because on top of my 7 fresh eggs they collected I also had 7 frozen ones in the freezer from my previous round of ivf which is when they discovered no sperm. So with the fresh Mtese sperm I potentially had 14 eggs to fertilize however all 7 of my frozen eggs died while thawing. I am 33 now so maybe if my eggs were younger they would have survived better but I'm glad I did fresh. Make sure you use an experienced dr in Mtese to ensure best results. Good luck

#28 Wishing5

Wishing5
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:Qfg

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

Hi there. I coped because I just thought failure is not an option i had to believe that there was sperm there how could there not be after he did have it! The most stressful part was coordinating the timing of my Drs the urologist wanted me to use frozen eggs. I insisted on fresh because from my research fresh is best. I'm glad I did because on top of my 7 fresh eggs they collected I also had 7 frozen ones in the freezer from my previous round of ivf which is when they discovered no sperm. So with the fresh Mtese sperm I potentially had 14 eggs to fertilize however all 7 of my frozen eggs died while thawing. I am 33 now so maybe if my eggs were younger they would have survived better but I'm glad I did fresh. Make sure you use an experienced dr in Mtese to ensure best results. Good luck

#29 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

There is a possibility that it can be improved. Our doctor has my DH on FertilPro with L-cartinene for at least 6 weeks before his repeat test. http://www.yadtech.c...en-l-carnitine/

Here is a good article on what DNA fragmentation is:
http://www.sciencedi...110569013000137

I guess from your post the 6 weeks are yet to pass! Wish you luck then, hope everything works just fine this time. My infertility isn't related to any male factor though - DH had a low count when we started with IUI but that's been reversed with Letrozole (15 weeks), nutritional supplements and a few healthy lifestyle changes. I came across posts in a number of forums where the obstructive azoospermia has been corrected by surgery but not much about the non-obstructive variety... especially when DNA fragmentation is involved. I'm just curious and will look forward to your update eagerly! 

No this was almost two years ago. DH's DNA fragmentation issue resolved with FertilPro with L-cartinene vitamins (fragmentation down to 8% from 37%, with target below 25%)

• RebeccaD likes this

#30 Ourbubbajourney

Ourbubbajourney
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:23 AM

Hi there apologies for the delay for those of you who have asked. We have not proceeded with Micro TESE as yet. My husband is currently seeing Chinese Doctore for herbs and acupuncture to see if this helps - we obviously are trying everything we can beforehand. We are scheduled for this November 2018. I'll be definitely providing our update here once we do!

#31 babyfever4102

babyfever4102
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

Hello all,

My DH (dear husband) has been diagnosed with Non Obstructive Azoospermia, and oh boy it has been a stressful emotional road for us.

We were trying to conceive since day 1 of our marriage and I thought the problem was from me since I was diagnosed with PCOS. I've been on Metformin & baby aspirin for the past 4 months. I tracked my cycles and ovulation with my doctor and turns out that I do ovulate fine. So we narrowed down the problem and asked DH (dear husband) to do a semen analysis and blood work. 

His test results are:

2 semen analysis with Zero sperm

FSH: 15.51 (range is 1.10 - 12.50)

Inhibin B: 27.96 (range is 151.7- 173.9)

Our doctor told us that our only chance is IVF (in vitro fertilization) with Micro TESE. He doesn't think that we should wait any longer and that freezing the sperm will not work. He predicts that he will find around 3-5 sperm inside.

One of the doctors suggested that my DH (dear husband) should be on clomid for 3 months to increase the chances of finding sperm. But the male infertility doctor wasn't keen on him being on clomid as it might increase his FSH levels. He said that DH (dear husband) should have a healthy lifestyle and gave him a list of daily vitamins. He said that he shouldn't do anything till our IVF (in vitro fertilization)appointment.

On a side note, we did some extra tests which are:
Testosterone, chromosomal analysis (Karyotype) and doppler sonography of scrotum (ultrasound for the testicles).

-We did the ultrasound, results are that the shape and everything looks perfect, meaning that it's 100% Non obstructive. 
-The chromosomal analysis takes 3 weeks (they send it to some lab in France)

We discussed with our doctor the very low success rate of the micro TESE we found online. He told us that a normal pregnancy has a 25% success rate so when we tell you 10% it's not so bad. He kept on telling us that it's better to take that 10% chance instead of sitting with 0%.

I am overwhelmed with emotions and I would like to know if any of you has been on the same boat. How long did the process take? how many sperms did they find? What if they didn't find anything inside, would there still be a chance for treatment? 

Any help would be appreciated :)

Husband diagnosed with Non Obstructive Azoospermia

Scheduled for Micro TESE with timed IVF for September 12

#32 babyfever4102

babyfever4102
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:53 AM

Congrats!!! I love hearing success stories it gives me hope :)

Can I ask what kind of meds did the doctor give your husband? My husband's FSH is elevated (15) so we're on the same boat.

How many sperm did they find?

We had to choose IVF/ICSI if we were to have our own biological children.
My husband had a vasectomy in 1995. Vasectomies that are older than a decade have next to no successful chance at a reversal. Even if a reversal was successful, over 90% of the sperm would not have the flagella (the propellor that projects the sperm forward). The sperm would also not have the enzyme to break down the egg's barrier. These things are lost because of inactivity and loss of the need for the products to perform their function.
My husband is also over 50 and has a higher BMI. He has one testucke (due to a soccer accident in his 30s), and he has low testosterone.
I was 34 at the start of our fertility process.
We chose ICSI. They had to do the egg retrieval and sperm retrieval on the same day. We both had anesthesia. While I saw fertility, he saw a urologist. Both providers were present on the day of retrieval and both worked as a team.
To the urologist's surprise, he had a few swimmers. This was unheard of with a 2 decade old vasectomy.
6 embryos were successfully made and tested. 5 were healthy/normal and one was abnormal.

We implanted 5 months later.

I am currently 19 weeks pregnant with our twins...... and loving it.
We are lucky and blessed.

Def chose a fertility office who works jointly with a urologist. I felt that I was often looked at for being infertile (I wasn't), and they over looked him.
People are still shocked (even doctors) when we tell them he was the one who couldn't get me pregnant.
I think make infertility is overlooked and clinics not used to handling it may miss important chances.

The urologist and fertility doctor placed my husband on several meds before the retrieval----- he was on it for 4 months before retrieval. Blood tests were done on him at intake and before retrieval.

Our fertility clinic got us positive results. We are lucky.

Husband diagnosed with Non Obstructive Azoospermia

Scheduled for Micro TESE with timed IVF for September 12

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Azoospermia, Micro-TESE, IVF-ICSI, Success Stories