14 replies to this topic

#1 Wishinandhopin

Wishinandhopin
  • 58 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Rfp

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

Hello all,
We are battling MFI, and are on the RFP IVF waitlist for IVF with donor sperm. All our paperwork and blood work are completed.
I am wondering if any of you could share how long it took for them to call and offer you IVF?
Thanks in advance :)

#2 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

It is a couple months but I bet it is shorter now with the recession.

See about me page.

#3 MegJay

MegJay
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:40 PM

Wishin- I didn't have a wait at all.  I called in my Day 1 for the first month (thought I would have a 2-3 month wait) and got accepted right away.  That was in February.  Good luck!

Me:33 DH:38

TTC Since May 2014

3 rounds of IUI with Clomid all BFN!!

IVF #1 April 2016- 13 Eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized (ICSI).  Fragmentation on all 8, transferred 2 3 day embryo's, used assisted hatching....Beta set for April 26th!

April 26th- BFN

July 3rd- Found out we are pregnant naturally!  completely surprised but so excited!  Due date is March 6, 2017!

Beta#1- 5 weeks- 6657

Beta#2- 5 weeks 5 days- 25823

#4 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:46 PM

Yay! I'm glad to hear. I'm hoping to cycle this summer and my current RE just sent the referral last week.

#5 Wishinandhopin

Wishinandhopin
  • 58 posts
  • My Clinic:Rfp

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Awesome, thanks for the replies!! I so hope to receive a call next week!

#6 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

Wow, just called RFP and there is a 4 to 6 month wait just for a CONSULT. And then they said at least 3 cycles after that before starting an IVF cycle... so next year sometime?? 

#7 MegJay

MegJay
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hi CattyMom- The consult wait time is the longest wait you will have.  Once you are in the door it is pretty quick for all other appointments.  We had our consult in September 2015 and have already done 3 IUIs, 1 round of IVF and if we wanted to we could start our second round of IVF this month (but have chosen to take the summer off).  Its tough at the beginning but I have had a great experience since our first meeting with our Dr. 

Good luck in your journey!

TTC Since May 2014

IVF #1 April 2016- 13 Eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized (ICSI).  Fragmentation on all 8, transferred 2 3 day embryo's, used assisted hatching....Beta set for April 26th!

April 26th- BFN

July 3rd- Found out we are pregnant naturally!  completely surprised but so excited!  Due date is March 6, 2017!

Beta#1- 5 weeks- 6657

#8 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:45 PM

Thanks MegJay. We are also on a wait list for LifeQuest in Toronto. (We have family in both Toronto and Calgary). We will likely get a consult with LifeQuest next month, so I will see how I feel after that. If I don't have a good feeling about the doctor there, we will wait for a consult at RFP. It's nice to know we have some options at least :).

#9 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Wow .. RFP called us today and can fit us in end of July. TRIO has us booked for Aug. 9. I'm tempted to cancel with TRIO (formerly LifeQuest) and just go with RFP. I'd kind of like to do a consult with both but my husband is stressing about all the travel and consult fees and thinks we should just choose one. Any advice?

• LHP likes this

#10 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

Hi Catty Mom... I don't think it hurts to do a consult at both clinics to see which one would be a better fit for you. There are various stages of the consult to be aware of though. There is the general meeting, then another meeting to discuss your fertility results and recommended treatment and another follow up meeting if required from there prior to the start of treatment. So something to consider. I honestly didn't find the first consult that worthwhile. IF anything, it's the second one after the doctors have had a chance to review your fertility results. Best of luck with the process!

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#11 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:38 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the wait times are like for IVF now? I called in my first period in May and last week. Am hoping they offer me treatment soon. As well, do you know how long you have to wait until you get offered treatment?  I heard it may be 7-10 days after Day 1 of your period.

Lastly, is it safe to still try to conceive BEFORE receiving the call for treatment (ie: in between your period and ovulation date)? Or should you refrain in case you have to start IVF? Unsure how the steps work!

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#12 MegJay

MegJay
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

Wishing- I called in May and then June as well and I got in on the June cycle (holding off till next month though) so you should hear soon.  It does take 7-10 after you call in your day 1 for them to get back to you, but they are good about calling in that time frame if you are accepted for this month. 

You can still try to conceive, once you meet with them and you are in your cycle they will tell you what days you can't and can make love, but it doesn't really effect you until the week before your hubby has to give his sample and it is only so that there is enough sperm for the IVF.

TTC Since May 2014

April 26th- BFN

Beta#1- 5 weeks- 6657

#13 LHP

LHP
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Wow .. RFP called us today and can fit us in end of July. TRIO has us booked for Aug. 9. I'm tempted to cancel with TRIO (formerly LifeQuest) and just go with RFP. I'd kind of like to do a consult with both but my husband is stressing about all the travel and consult fees and thinks we should just choose one. Any advice?

I started at RFP but have since gone out of province. I would do both consults.
Keep in mind their is a benefit to having all your testing ordered by a doctor in your home province. Once you know those results it's much easier to give those to a doctor in any clinic and decide which clinic you want to use for treatment.

#14 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:27 PM

Thanks, LHP. If we can get a phone consult with TRIO instead of flying out, we'll do both consults. And yes, my current clinic is doing all my testing in the next couple weeks, so both clinics should have everything they need which will hopefully speed things up.

• LHP likes this

#15 NewWorld

NewWorld
  • Global 100+
  • 230 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Calgary, now Victoria

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:08 AM

Is RFP able to forward all our test results to VFC? Is it good to have everything forwarded before our initial phone consultation?
Me: 29 30, Husband: 32 33

Dx: low morphology (1%), probably DOR (AMH 11.8)

DH on Nutraception, Chinese herbs & Acupuncture --> No improvement

August 2016 - IUI #1
Clomid 100mg, trigger Pregnyl 5000.
2.3 million post-wash sperm count--> BFN

One month break because of cysts.

October 2016 - IUI #2
cancelled due to early ovulation

One month break for SHG

December 2016 - IUI #3
Clomid 100mg, trigger Pregnyl 5000.
3 million post-wash sperm count--> BFN

February 2017 - IVF #1 to IUI
Antagonist protocol: started at 150 IU Gonal-F and 75 IU Luveris, baby aspirin.
After 4 days of injections, increased Gonal-F to 300 IU.
Luveris still at 75 IU, started Cetrotide 0.25mg.
Only 4 mature follicles --> Converted to Superovulation IUI.

Trigger Pregnyl 10000
3 million post-wash sperm count.
Taking baby aspirin and Prometrium.-->BFN
Two cycles break required for the ovaries to recover.

May 2017 - IVF #2 - cancelled after retrieval
Antagonist protocol: Dose increased to 300 IU Gonal-F and 150 IU Menopur.
8 days of stimulations.
6 eggs retrieved. All immature. Fertilization was not attempted.

Taking Chinese Herbs, DHEA, high dose of Ubiquinol and Inositol powder.

Switching to VFC, consulting with Dr. Hudson on July 17th
Diagnosed with DOR. Asked to continue DHEA until retrieval

August 2017 - IVF #3
Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol.
Suprefact, Puregon, Repronex, Dexamethasone, Orgalutran, Trigger with HCG & Decapeptyl, Intralipid.

July 27 - Started Suprefact and stopped Chinese Herbs due to unknown interactions.
August 9 - CD 1
August 11 - Suppression confirmed
August 18 - last dose of Suprefact
August 20 - starting 300 IU Puregon, 150 IU Repronex, 1mg Dexamethasone & baby asprin
August 24 - added Orgalutran, first ultrasound and blood work in Calgary
August 26 - Flew to Victoria, first ultrasound and blood work with Dr. Hudson
August 30 - Hoping for 5-6 eggs. Triggered with 10,000 IU of Pregnyl and 0.2mg of Decapeptyl.
September 1 - Retrieval with Dr. Graham, 9 eggs retrieved, Intralipid infusion after the retrieval
September 2 - day 1 update - 6 eggs were mature, all ICSI'd and fertilized
September 3 - day 2 update - 2 of 6 embryos are at grade 1, 4 of 6 are at grade 2. Probably day 5 transfer
September 4 - day 3 update - day 5 transfer confirmed
September 6 - Transfer with Dr. Hudson, transferred 1 grade 2 blast, not sure yet how many will be frozen
September 7 - 1 day 6 grade 3 expanded blast frozen
September 14 - evening of 8dp5dt - BFP (faint positive)
September 18 - 12dp5dt - beta 220
September 20 - 14dp5dt - beta 446
September 22 - 16dp5dt - beta 1030