6 replies to this topic

#1 If at first

If at first
  • Global 100+
  • 373 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:00 PM

Any chance someone out there has done one at mt Sinai? If so, how did it go??
I'm planning to ask my Dr to put me on this protocol. Fingers crossed she agrees, but we know how there are very limited protocols there!
Any feedback appreciated.

Journey on 'about me' page

#2 MuffinMama

MuffinMama
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

Hi there! We didn't use that protocol; however, we were able to convince our Dr to switch our protocol and use a technique that they don't regularly. I think that if you read the studies and go in armed with that information, you'll have a good chance of convincing your doctor about why you think it's a good protocol for you.

Bottom line is, they're working for you, not the other way around. So go in with your info and have an open discussion with your doctor about it. If you can't agree on something, it may be time to switch. Yes, they are the doctors, but you have to be comfortable with the treatments being provided. So if you can't come up with a treatment plan together, then it might not be the right fit for you.

• If at first and hopefuldadsomeday like this

#3 cherry123

cherry123
  • Cyclebase
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

HI, I did low dose stim for a FET, for lining purposes (my lining was initially thin on a natural cycle). I didn't do it at mount sinia though. It did help my lining. I did do FET on natural cycles as well with Neuprogen and my lining was almost the same as a on low dose stims. Any reason they want to put you on lose dose stims?

• If at first likes this

#4 If at first

If at first
  • Global 100+
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

HI, I did low dose stim for a FET, for lining purposes (my lining was initially thin on a natural cycle). I didn't do it at mount sinia though. It did help my lining. I did do FET on natural cycles as well with Neuprogen and my lining was almost the same as a on low dose stims. Any reason they want to put you on lose dose stims?

I want to try it for lining issues. My lining doesn't respond to estrace at all, and the only time we've conceived is with a fresh cycle so I'm hoping that I'll respond the same way to a stim FET.

#5 cherry123

cherry123
  • Cyclebase
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

I want to try it for lining issues. My lining doesn't respond to estrace at all, and the only time we've conceived is with a fresh cycle so I'm hoping that I'll respond the same way to a stim FET.

HI, My RE was of the same view. I didn't respond to estrace either. Good luck. 

• If at first likes this

#6 Renae

Renae
  • Global 100+
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:My interests are swimming daily, horseback riding and reading. Going to the cottage.
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:08 PM

Did any of you ladies get pregnant with Mt Sinai? 

#7 If at first

If at first
  • Global 100+
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:12 PM

Did any of you ladies get pregnant with Mt Sinai?

I have one miracle baby courtesy of mt Sinai and working on another...