• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spring131

Spring131
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Europe

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:10 PM

My first ivf at 39 was successful & thankfully we have a beautiful baby following this (low amh 1.9)
Following the birth of our baby my amh was .5 five months after.
We tried 2 short cycles got a 3 day transfer of 2 embryos but one cycle ended in a chemical mc & the second was unsuccessful when I was 40.
We tried again this year & this time we tried the long protocol which was cancelled as response was poor. We just tried the short protocol & it was also cancelled as only 1 follicle. When do we look at ed do we keep trying cycles & for how long as I'm now gone 41 or when should you stop own egg cycles ?

#2 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:24 PM

Well. The good thing is that using de has no time limit attached, unlike own egg ivf. So it's really up to you. How much more can you handle/afford both emotionally and financially.

My best advice is the path of least regret... if you'll regret not using your own eggs then try again. If you would regret wasting more time trying with your oe then maybe it's time to move on...

Good luck! I have my de miracle sleeping upstairs and I don't regret a thing!
  • Spring131 likes this

See about me page.

#3 Lola1973

Lola1973
  • Global 100+
  • 556 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:36 AM

Hi Spring,

I agree with Quandry about following the path of least regret... So it all depends on how you personally feel about trying more with your OE vs trying with DE.

For me I think it came down to not be willing to continue any longer with so little hope of success. I found treatments really demanding and depressing. When we made the decision to go with DE, we had been on the infertility treatment road non stop for over 2 and a half years, we were getting older (and we weren't young to start with), had had our embryos (PGS) tested as all abnormal.... I was sick and tired of it all... I couldn't see how things would get better if we didn't go for DE...

I don't regret our decision at all. I am now expecting our first child in less than 2 months... I am so grateful:)

Good luck with your decision,
  • Spring131 likes this

Ttc first child for both of us since February 2012

Surgery and diagnosis of severe endometriosis Nov. 2012

IVF#1 April 2013: BFP8388.gif 9 weeks

IVF#2 Sept 2013: BFP8388.gif 9,5 weeks

Clinic 2:

IVF#3 May 2014: Embryo banking: 4 blasts

IVF#4 July 2014: Embryo banking: 3 blasts

PGS Result August 2014: All 7 blasts are abnormal... Moving on to DE.

Clinic 3:

Transfer #1 Feb. 2015: BFN

Transfer #2 June 2015: BFN

Transfer #3 Sept 2015: th_abfp.gifon hpt Sept 24!!!!

1st beta 12dp3dt: 421 2nd beta 14dp3dt:1025 Viability US (6w6d): One perfect baby measuring 7.0 weeks with HB of 130!!yahoo.gif

8- week US: Cutest little gummy bear measuring 8w1d

Harmony test 10weeks: Risk of trisomy 13, 18 and 21 under 1 in 10,000
20-week US: Baby girl right on track!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#4 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

Just to tell a bit of my story...

Dh and I were trying for nearly three years. In that time we had five losses (one from ivf but we cycled several times in hopes of an iui but we're always cancelled for one reason or another). Several were chemical, but some made it a bit longer and one even made it to 12.5 weeks. That last loss was the final straw for us both. We had already been considering de when we got pg that last time and after the devastating loss, we just knew we couldn't go through that again. Our best bet (and really only bet) was to use de.

I have zero regrets about using a de... We have a miracle baby that we wouldn't otherwise have had and we love him very very much!
  • gibasgirl, mountainchick, Lola1973 and 1 other like this

See about me page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Egg donation, low amh