- - - - -

Keep us posted Shawn

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:57 PM

Topic title ...self explanatory! :banana: Howz the little ones doing?....can ya tell the boss is gone and I can linger through my email! :banana: :banana:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 04:37 PM

You must be :zz: ...rightfully so. I will check back tonite once I get to the hotel and use their computer...hope you had a nice rest buddy

:flowers: :wavey:

#3 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:16 PM

Hi Kelly,

You're so funny. I was :zz: and some of this :( (worried haha). I have 14 embies so far :banana: . We go in for transfer on Friday at 9:45am, I heard that it's simple. I should hope so after yesterday, holy moly! I can't believe how huge my tummy is now, it's amazing. I remember Kris saying how big hers was, now I know what she was talking about! I still can't stand straight up, I'm kinda bent over a bit still :blush: .

So, how you holding up? No news yet, not till tomorrow, right? Awww bummer, I guess you and I will still do our 2 ww together, I'll just be a week ahead of you :P . Do you have any idea on when your e/r could be? How long have you been on the injectables? Feels like forever to me :icon_wink: . I have to go rest some more, thanks for checking in :wub:

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 06:00 PM

:banana: :banana: 14!!!! I have tears of joy in my eyes right now for you! That is awesome!! :dance: :dance: I am so thrilled for you! My e/r could be monday...if everything is going as planned...I hope so! I will know tomorrow! Now go and lay down again... :zz: back to the couch with remote in hand and hot water bottle...

I can imagine how sore it is to stand straight..it is hard right now to stand straight sometimes...my tummy is feeling more bloated by the day. Did I tell you I really did a number on myself yesterday at injection? I must have hit a teeny vein and it bled more than it should...I swole right up and it has an ugly big bruise now...eek. :pardon: :bang: :oops: I sure hope my ovary stays right where it should! Those brats... :mf_swordfight:

later buddy! :wavey:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:10 PM

Hey Kelly and Shawn!!

I haven't chatted with you guys in a while. I've been really busy, but I have been reading all your posts. You guys make me laugh. :rofl:

I hope that you are both doing well!

Cheers,
Heather :wavey:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:10 PM

Hey Heather! :wavey: ...doing good here...patiently waiting... :flowers:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:58 PM

Shawn, this is so exciting now.. i was sooo nervous waiting to hear how many fertiltized, then how many divided, then how many went to 8 cells .. then how many were good enough to freeze ... then the transfer happens then nothin.. you just sit & worry & freak out for 2 weeks... i can't wait to hear the next results!! my tummy calmed down after about 5 days.. but then poofed up again when i got pregnant... the hcg released in pregnancy makes your ovaries stay/get big again for up to 10 weeks!!

exciting exciting

kris

#8 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:56 AM

Hey Kelly and Shawn!!

I haven't chatted with you guys in a while.  I've been really busy, but I have been reading all your posts.  You guys make me laugh.  :rofl:

I hope that you are both doing well!

Cheers,
Heather  :wavey:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heya Heather, I wrote to you in your post about looking for a "druggie buddy" :rofl: , I was wondering where you had gone to. Nice to see you back here :D . You're so close girl, I can't believe it!!!! I'm getting so excited to see people getting closer and closer, now I can wait to hear the outcomes :banana:

Keep us posted ok, don't stray too far, we worry about you :icon_wink: .

Shawn

#9 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:07 AM

Shawn, this is so exciting now.. i was sooo nervous waiting to hear how many fertiltized, then how many divided, then how many went to 8 cells .. then how many were good enough to freeze ... then the transfer happens then nothin.. you just sit & worry & freak out for 2 weeks...  i can't wait to hear the next results!!  my tummy calmed down after about 5 days.. but then poofed up again when i got pregnant... the hcg released in pregnancy makes your ovaries stay/get big again for up to 10 weeks!!

exciting exciting

kris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Kris,

I replied to you about the updates on my embryos in another post. VGH doesn't do that :( , you call the day after e/r and they tell you how many fertilized and then that's it. The day of the transfer I will get all the stats, bummer hu? I'm just dying to know, too!!!

As for my belly, I never forgot how you mentioned that you were still so big for so long. I'm glad I kept that in mind :P . Did you have kind of like a stomach ache? Not just my ovaries hurt, it's all the way up under my ribcage, too, and sooooooooo sensitive to touch. :ouch: I've kind of lost a little faith in the nurses after the whole catheter incident, so I don't really want to ask them :icon_question: , maybe I should anyhow, I just hope it's normal! I can't imagine my tummy poofing up anymore, I'm surprised I don't have stretch marks now! :blink: I'll definately let you all know about my little ones tomorrow! Did you get a picture?? I want one :blush:

How have YOU been feeling??! You must go for an u/s soon again, are you going to find out the sex? :banana: :banana: :banana:

Shawn

#10 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:20 AM

:banana:   :banana: 14!!!!  I have tears of joy in my eyes right now for you!  That is awesome!!  :dance:   :dance:   I am so thrilled for you!  My e/r could be monday...if everything is going as planned...I hope so!  I will know tomorrow!  Now go and lay down again... :zz: back to the couch with remote in hand and hot water bottle...

I can imagine how sore it is to stand straight..it is hard right now to stand straight sometimes...my tummy is feeling more bloated by the day.  Did I tell you I really did a number on myself yesterday at injection?  I must have hit a teeny vein and it bled more than it should...I swole right up and it has an ugly big bruise now...eek.  :pardon:   :bang:   :oops:   I sure hope my ovary stays right where it should!  Those brats... :mf_swordfight:

later buddy!  :wavey:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Kelly,

YOU have tears of joy?! Your e/r could be Monday??!!!! Ahhhh OMG, that is so soon! I'm getting sick of laying down, it's so boring :angry: . I watched Watership Down yesterday, that was a mistake! :icon_cry: Your tummy is bloated now? Ohhh you just wait :o !

Poor you, you must have hit something! I know the same thing happened to me, but I injected into a bruise so it did swell up a bit and bled some, that was one of the injections that hurt... made me scared for the next one :blink: . Hopefully this will be your last day of injections, then! I had to stop for a few days before my HCG, but my numbers were also high, too. You go for b/w and u/s today? I can't wait to hear what you're at now :banana:

This smilie :mf_swordfight: looks exactly like what I saw on the screen during my e/r :rofl: , he tried to poke and the silly little ovary kept backing away! I'm kidding, I didn't watch then, I was too busy digging my nails into dh and :icon_cry: , but I imagine that's what it looked like! :P Off to drink more gatorade (no coffee :( ). Talk to you later, hope it's all good news!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:49 AM

Good morning! :banana:

I am doing excellent as per my doc! :D follies are at 1.34 mm and they like to see 1.8 - 2 mm before the trigger..so she said today I have my injection and then tomorrow should be my last dose before my trigger! I am getting there...my lining is looking great too...she said I am doing really good.

that just sucks that your clinic doesn't give you daily updates...sheesh...I can't wait until tomorrow for you buddy!! :drinks:

So we will all be back in Calgary for the weekend tomorrow night! Wow, I can't believe it is getting so close...time sure flies man. :banana:

Ok...I better run and check out of my room and head back home...just wanted to make sure I updated you all!!

later chickees! :beach:

#12 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:53 AM

do you know how many follicles you have??! Woo hooo!!!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:51 PM

i have to be quick cause i'm on here when i should be getting ready for my FIRST PRENATAL APPOINTMENT!! with my family doctor, but for a few days after my egg retrieval my whole abdomen was swollen & tender ... not in pain, but i couldn't move fast and when i'd sleep or stay in one position too long, then move it would hurt - felt like something was tearing. apparently your ovaries let a lot of blood out into your abdomen.. so you have a lot of fluid just hanging free in your abdomen right now. i was worried that i had OHSS for a day or 2, but then it started to get more comfortable.. by the egg retrieval i was feeling better.. only 3 days later. but you having OHSS.. not sure.. you're supposed to measure around aren't you & make sure it's not getting bigger?

ok that wasn't so quick - i have a problem with that. can't wait to hear your update tomorrow!!

kris

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:28 PM

UPDATE...GOT A CALL FROM THE CLINIC ONCE I GOT HOME...MY E2 LEVELS ARE 8662...SO NOW I AM AT A RISK OF OHSS...FOR GOD'S SAKE...THEY WANT ME BACK TOMORROW MORNING NOW INSTEAD...SO THEY ALSO HAD ME BUY MORE PUREGON WHEN I WAS THERE..NOT I MIGHT HAVE TO COAST A DAY AND NOT EVEN NEED IT...THEY HAD BETTER LET ME RETURN IT...

I HAVE ONE FOLLICLE THAT IS 17 AND THEY LIKE TO SEE THEM AT 18...SO I AM SO CLOSE...CLOSER THAN WHAT THEY HAD THOUGHT...WOW...WHY WOULD THEY SEND ME HOME BEFORE RESULTS FROM THE BLOOD TEST? I AM KINDA FREAKED NOW... :mf_swordfight:

#15 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:01 PM

Settle down Kelly :blink: , it's ok. Remember, same thing happened to me but as long as they catch it before it gets bad you're ok. My levels were the same I think, and when they had those results I was told to hold off on my Gonal and then the next day my levels went up 4,000... so you're almost there! Even if you do get OHSS, you have a follicle that is measuring 17!!! That's great!!! Tomorrow will be completely different and that 17 will probably be a 20! :banana: You don't want high E2 levels with small follicles, bad bad :icon_exclaim: . Be happy that they want you in the next day, sounds like you're in good hands. Just think, in 2 more days you could be getting your e/r done!

So, today you skip your injection? Man, it's amazing how this happens isn't it? Don't worry Kelly, you'll be ok, stress DOES NOT help (the nurse told me) :icon_wink: . Try to relax and drink TONS of clear fluids, drink Gatorade if you like it. Don't have sex and don't do anything to strain yourself or use up a lot of energy. These are all the things I was told AFTER I was informed I had OHSS, figured it might help you to be one up on them! :icon_question: Can't hurt, right?

You'll be fiiiiiiine, I know, easy for me to say but I'm dealing with it, and so can you :thumbup: Let me know what happens, good luck, now GO REST!

Shawn

#16 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

i have to be quick cause i'm on here when i should be getting ready for my FIRST PRENATAL APPOINTMENT!!  with my family doctor, but for a few days after my egg retrieval my whole abdomen was swollen & tender ... not in pain, but i couldn't move fast and when i'd sleep or stay in one position too long, then move it would hurt - felt like something was tearing.  apparently your ovaries let a lot of blood out into your abdomen.. so you have a lot of fluid just hanging free in your abdomen right now.  i was worried that i had OHSS for a day or 2, but then it started to get more comfortable.. by the egg retrieval i was feeling better.. only 3 days later.  but you having OHSS.. not sure.. you're supposed to measure around aren't you & make sure it's not getting bigger?

ok that wasn't so quick - i have a problem with that.  can't wait to hear your update tomorrow!!

kris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YAY Kris, how exciting is that?!! Your first visit, awwwwwww! I called the office today to ask them if I was still supposed to be THIS sore, I knew the answer but I guess I needed the reassurance. It's a combination of the OHSS and the manipulation of that darn ovary that decided to take off and hide <_< . They don't figure it's serious as I am peeing and don't have diarrhea. On the downside, I am short of breath (fluid retention like you said) and my abdomen is very large and tender. I actually think it's getting a bit smaller, I've been peeing like crazy today, so that's a good sign. She said everything is pushed up and out of place from where it normally is, :huh: , makes sense. I go there tomorrow (transfer) so they'll have a good look and maybe another u/s to make sure all is well.

So, I'm just a sissy afterall! :P Hope your first prenatal visit is good!! Can't wait to hear :banana:

#17 Soralis

Soralis
  • 1000+
  • 1276 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Foothills - Calgary

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:52 PM

Kelly...

I went to Calgary too... try not to worry too much (ya easy for me to say !! :) ) they know what they are doing there!!! Call if you have any concerns!! Hang in there you are almost there!

Good luck and keep us posted!!!
10.5 yrs TTC (since 1994)
3 years clomid (on and off)
1st IVF - Jul 04 - BFN
1st FET - Sept 04 - BFN
2nd FET - Dec 1/04 - BFP!! (TWINS - 2 boys born July 21/05 at 35weeks, 7lbs and 5lbs 5ozs)

Trying for another
3rd HSG - DONE - March 20 06
3rd FET - 3 day txfr May 5/06 & 5 day Transfer May 7/06 - BFN
No more frosties
2nd IVF - 3day Transfer Oct 9/06 (2 transferred, 6 frozen) -BFP!! (TWINS!!)
Nov 22/06 - Twin A doing well, Twin B passed away
(It's a Girl! - June 21/07, 2 days shy of 39 weeks - 7lbs 12 ozs)

After 13 years we are now very lucky to begin figuring out how to put Infertility behind us...

soralis.blogspot.com

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:42 AM

hey buddy!

Ok..I am at the hotel again..but with hubs and son...we should be having our e/r monday or tuesday! :banana: Today they assured me I wasn't looking OHSS after all...whew. I did do a dose of puregon today..150 instead of 225...hopefully that will be it! should be right?

So.....how are your embies doing my buddy? :drinks:

We got our computer home tonite so I will be able to keep caught up with everything...can't stay on a public puter for too long...I miss everyone so much....I will fill you in tomorrow after my u/s and bloodwork!! :D