513 replies to this topic

#26 Macy J

Macy J
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:TCart

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hi Schlepp

Thanks, yes it's really exciting and comforting to know that you are not alone!

The email that I initially got indicated that they will put me on pills but I won't know until I go or my first visit.

I will be doing all the monitoring in Kitchener but all the major stuff happens in Toronto!

Honestly speaking, I have not budgeted that amount for any extras! It's a lot of dollars.

I'm just thinking that if we were to conceive naturally, we wouldn't really need/ be able to to do any of these tests. I think I'm just going to have faith and think if it's meant to happen then it will!

There's one more thing that worries me now but I'm trying to get to the bottom of it and that is in my last check up with my family doctor, one of my liver enzymes was slightly elevated! He's asked me to test again in two weeks to see if it's gone down.

I know it's not Hep because I don't do drugs and recently donated blood for the first time and got my donor's card. They test your blood for all kinds of viral diseases and will contact you f there's any issues.

What I personally think might have happened is: I had a glass of wine the night before my test, had a Tylenol, a B12, Co Q10 and My pre-natal vitamins at around 8.30 am and had the test at around noon!

I've also been on Iron supplements because my iron levels are low. I've read that Iron and a lot of off the counter herbs my elevate your enzymes. I've stopped taking all of those now and hoping to God that my test would be normal.

Sorry I just kept going, with all the things coming up, I can't have any health issues right now :(

#27 Vicchick33

Vicchick33
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:tcart

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:58 PM

Hi,

I have my funded cycle with them in June too :) So nervous though! I'm 36, have a son who will turn 5 on mother's day. It all happened so easy with him. Literally the first time we started trying it happened but the second one is just not happening! I had a really early on miss-carriage 2 years a go, had one failed IUI cycle and now this. Fingers crossed all will be ok.
I'm supposed to call them on my day 1 in may, go to the office on my day 3 in may and not sure then what! Do you know more?

I hope it works out for all you lovely ladies here. Have faith and be positive :)

Hi macyj- I also am a patient at the Kitchener office. Just finished my first round which was unfortunately negative. Will be meeting with dr. Bentov soon to talk about next steps! I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have!
  • Macy J likes this
Me 39, DH 44IVF #1 - April 7/16 - egg retrieval. 4 eggs retrieved. 3 fertilized2 embryos transfered April 12/16 - None to freeze 😞Beta April 26 - BFN IVF #2 - June 2016 - here we go again! ER June 1/16 - 9 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. ET June 6/16 - 1 transfered, 2 frozenJune 20/16 - BFN 😓Biopsy results - sept 18/16 -determined I need two extra days of progesterone. FET of one 4AA hatching embryo October 31 2016 - BFN. Jan 2017 - FET with last remaining embryo. Long FET protocol. Transferred on 4AA embryo on Feb 2/17 - BFN

#28 Macy J

Macy J
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Thanks Vicchick33 :)

Sorry that you didn't get a +, hopefully from here on it will be all the way you want it.

Do you mind taking me through the process from your first visit on the 3rd day?

I'm trying to find out (approximately) how long it takes from the time I have my AF (in May) to the time they retrieve my eggs (in June)

How many times did you go to the clinic for monitoring and how long each appointment took.

I just got a new job in Brantford! and I'm still on probation so don't really want to tell them about my plans to get pregnant and at the same time, don't want to be late for work everyday. So I'm trying to find out as much as I can to plan around it.

Thanks again for your help :)

#29 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:09 AM

Thanks Vicchick33 smile.png

Sorry that you didn't get a +, hopefully from here on it will be all the way you want it.

Do you mind taking me through the process from your first visit on the 3rd day?

I'm trying to find out (approximately) how long it takes from the time I have my AF (in May) to the time they retrieve my eggs (in June)

How many times did you go to the clinic for monitoring and how long each appointment took.

I just got a new job in Brantford! and I'm still on probation so don't really want to tell them about my plans to get pregnant and at the same time, don't want to be late for work everyday. So I'm trying to find out as much as I can to plan around it.

Thanks again for your help smile.png

This is my issue too! I feel like I have no idea how long this is all going to be. They really didn't go over a calendar with me and just said I would talk to the nurse on CD3 in May. At that point they would go over the dates. But for now it means I have to book nothing for June to make sure I'm free. 

My understanding is that it will depend on how long you're on BCPs. I think they work to time everyone's egg retrieval so they are spaced out and the lab/doctors can handle everyone. I asked around and someone said likely 4-6 weeks from CD1 in May is when I would be having ER. 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#30 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:photography, horses, and my beloved dogs and cats!
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:10 AM

Hey ladies! Just thought I'd join in here.
We also go to the trio clinic in Kitchener and have been for about a year and a half now. It took a bit to get going because we had to do a bunch of tests for hubby and try different supplements for a couple months at a time to see what would work.
We did one IUI that was unsuccessful. Did another cycle for an iui but was cancelled the day of because hubby's sample wasn't good enough. That was in October and we were told the funding was coming in December. We got on the list right away (actually they hadn't even started a list yet but they did when we asked) and we're hoping we'd be doing a funded IVF cycle in January. When I found out in January that our names were at the bottom of the list and we wouldn't get it until the end of 2016 we just didn't want to wait and went ahead with a paid cycle right away. Done one IVF with a fresh transfer but had a chemical pregnancy and now on my first FET!
Overall our experience with the clinic had been pretty good. They've been helpful working around my weird shift schedule at work which has been good. It was a bit crazy at times when they first merged together, but things are calming down now and have been running more smoothly!! If I can help answer any questions, please feel free to ask!! :) good luck to all of you with your cycles!!
  • schlepp likes this

#31 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 369 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Prev: Trio / Current: Hannam

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

H ladies, just wanted to give a quick update. I had my beta today at 12dp5dt and it was BFP!! 694!!!  I still can't believe it.

• schlepp likes this

#32 Macy J

Macy J
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

Elle22, Congratulations!! This is really exciting and I'm so happy for you :)\

I started my cycle on Monday, I'm on Cetrotide until tomorrow and will start Puregon on Friday! No pills for me either! 

#33 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

congratulations Elle! 

2015 3 IUI = BFN 
Funded cycle IVF March 2016
April 2016 ectopic pregnancy.
June FET BFN. Chemical th_angrywife.gif

August BFP 1 beta 636 2nd beta 1526 fx for being in the right place.

Ultrasound 1 of many Aug.25 (happy birthday to me?)

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

project sibling Due June 2019

#34 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

Congrats Elle22!

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

Changed clinics

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

#35 Macy J

Macy J
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

Hi ladies, I thought I'd give an update to you all :)

I've been on Puregon since Friday (300UI per night). I went to the clinic on Monday and they added Orgalutran and Pregnyl to the protocol as well as Androgel before bed.

I went for another check up today and Dr.Bentov asked me to continue with the meds until Friday and on Friday he will decide whether I will have my ER over the weekend or on Monday!

My only concern is that I only have 6 follicles which I had even before I started the protocol. He said the size is good but the low number really concerns me :(

have you guys heard any success stories with such few follicles?

#36 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

Good luck MacyJ! Great to hear from someone else with the same clinic and doctor.

I've heard of women with fewer than 6 for sure. Are you dealing with DOR? I am new to this as well and I have no idea what to expect. My one US for AFC gave me 20 and that was last November. I had asked what a good number of eggs would be for me and RE said 10. I keep hearing from other people that it is all about quality over quantity. Growing a bunch really fast might mean they are not great quality. 

Changed clinics

#37 Macy J

Macy J
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:22 AM

Thanks Schlepp,

No I'm not dealing with DOR but this really makes me concerned!

I really hope so. I'm going in tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and find out more.

You are right quality is more important and it's really nerve-racking till I find out! :)

#38 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hi Macy J! Schlepp is right quality is better than quantity. When I went through the process, at the stage you are currently, they could only see 14 follicles but when I went in a few days later, the numbers had gone up to 21, so there is hope yet.
Good luck

2015 3 IUI = BFN 

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

#39 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:29 AM

I just watched the TRIO IVF Orientation videos and looked at the price list at TRIO. In the video they mention the cost for a cancelled cycle and that is outlined in the fee schedule. I don't see it. Does anyone know what it is? Do you have to pay it if you're on a funded cycle and want to try again or is your funded cycle lost if you have to cancel?

Trying to be positive but they do say 10% cancel and I want to be prepared.

Changed clinics

#40 Macy J

Macy J
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

Hi ladies,

I went to the clinic today. It seems like I have 3 follicles that are matured and four that are not yet! So have to continue with the med, go o Toronto for my final monitoring and Tuesday is the ER!

Now, my husband works oversees and I have told nobody about this. I was told that I will be sedated. How long will it take for it to wear off?

I'm coming from Kitchener and I'm planning to take a cab to and back from the clinic. Will I be able to walk? I'm so nervous but don't have a choice at this point!

I asked the other doctor a the clinic about the number of follicles and she said don't worry all we need is 1 good egg! so I really hope I have at least 1 good egg!

#41 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

Macy J - you will  only be partially sedated. so basically a bit drowsy.  you will walk yourself out of the procesdure room, but will be very tired.  I was there for at least an hour afterwards, because DH had to make his deposit, but i think they usally let people leave after about 30 minutes. But I am pretty sure they don't let you leave alone.  Have you mentioned this to anyone at Trio?  I would hate for it to be an issue when you are there on ER day. 

#42 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

I just watched the TRIO IVF Orientation videos and looked at the price list at TRIO. In the video they mention the cost for a cancelled cycle and that is outlined in the fee schedule. I don't see it. Does anyone know what it is? Do you have to pay it if you're on a funded cycle and want to try again or is your funded cycle lost if you have to cancel?

Schelepp- where did you watch these videos?

#43 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

Elle22 - After I called in my CD1 they sent an email with the instructions for using their message service and the link to the four videos to watch. Maybe they're only using this for funded cycles? To cut down on time they spend with individual patients. The link they sent was actually to the Lifequest site. I had to watch and then submit a form saying I'd watched. They were quite informative as I'd been wanting to ask if they free Day 3 embryos and the video clearly stated that they don't. It walked me through signing in when I go for bloodwork etc. 

Changed clinics

#44 Elle22

Elle22
  • Global 100+
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

Elle22 - After I called in my CD1 they sent an email with the instructions for using their message service and the link to the four videos to watch. Maybe they're only using this for funded cycles? To cut down on time they spend with individual patients. The link they sent was actually to the Lifequest site. I had to watch and then submit a form saying I'd watched. They were quite informative as I'd been wanting to ask if they free Day 3 embryos and the video clearly stated that they don't. It walked me through signing in when I go for bloodwork etc. 

Interesting, i think they are implementing a lot of new things since the merger. 

can you post the link here or send it to me in a PM?

#45 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

Interesting, i think they are implementing a lot of new things since the merger. 
can you post the link here or send it to me in a PM?

I did a funded cycle and they did not send me a link... All I got were a lot of forms to sign...I'm also interested in the link pls share :)
Schelepp- I'm sure it will be a case by case situation regarding day 3 freezing please ask them.

2015 3 IUI = BFN 

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

#46 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

It looks like the videos are available to the general public: http://www.lifequest...rvices-ivf.html

Some videos on the page as well as a link to the orientation video. 

I'm figuring Day 3 freezing depends on a lot of factors. Like the number of embryos you have, your diagnosis etc. I'll be sure to bring it up further into the process. 

• Hope15 likes this

Changed clinics

#47 Dani88

Dani88
  • Global 100+
  • 104 posts
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:14 AM

It looks like the videos are available to the general public: http://www.lifequest...rvices-ivf.html

Some videos on the page as well as a link to the orientation video. 

I'm figuring Day 3 freezing depends on a lot of factors. Like the number of embryos you have, your diagnosis etc. I'll be sure to bring it up further into the process. 

Thank you for sharing!

Me: 28, DH: 27 - TTC since Oct. 2014 - DH diagnosed with azoospermia on Aug. 11/15 - Micro TESE Aug. 23/16
DIUI#1 - Oct.4/16 - BFN / DIUI#2 - Oct.31/16 - BFP - MMC at 9 wks - D&C Dec.23/16 / DIUI#3 - Mar.13/17 - BFN 
/ DIUI#4 - Apr.10/17 - BFN
ICSI - Egg Retrieval - Jun.21/17 - Retrieved 8 mature eggs & tried to fertilize 2 with partner's sperm (didn't work) & 6 with donor
Fresh Transfer - Jun.26/17 - Transferred one 5AA blastocyst (& froze 4 good quality blastocysts) - BFP! - Due Mar.14, 2018
d5YBm5.pngJH5wm5.pngB5jIm5.png6bQDm4.pngKzhzm4.png

#48 Macy J

Macy J
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:37 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm done and now in the painful 2WW!

So out of my 6 follicles, they were able to retrieve 4 eggs! We lost one on day 3 and 3 embryos carried on to day 5. Which was this Sunday (May22) Dr. Bentov did my procedure and said that they had a beautiful blastocyst that they were transferring and two more that they would be freezing!

The whole thing took about 10-15 minutes (Much better than the retrieval except the full bladder part!)

I'm now on 3x a day progesterone suppositories, am extremely bloated, no kidding I actually look like I'm 5 months pregnant! I have on and off mild cramping during the day and my breasts, OMG I can barely move.

I'm really nervous, don't know what to expect. Just wanted to give you ladies and update and wish you all good luck.

My Blood test is scheduled for June 6th and if it's positive, I need to repeat it on the 8th as well.

My birthday is June 10th, so I really wish for a + Beta test as my birthday gift smile.png

If any of you ladies have previous post transfer experience and symptoms, please share.

Thank you

• Hope15 and returnable like this

#49 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:48 PM

Congrats Macy J! Great to hear it all went well and you even have some to freeze. Keep us updated and hope you start to feel better.

Changed clinics

#50 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3224 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

Macy - I'm with Bentov as well. How do you like him?

I never did BCP before any cycles. so i don't know much about that protocol.  

That's rough that your husband isn't always around, I know support is so helpful but once the hormones kick in, being away from each-other may actually help!  lol

I know it's still a bit of time before you get to a retrieval, but just a heads up you will need someone there with you to go home, because you will be drugged up.  also you may even want some in the procedure with you to squeeze their hand smile.png

Just a question on the after the retrieval. You are able to walk though? Just wondering about transportation. I thought as long as I went slow I'd be okay to walk to Union?

Oh and hi! We are meeting with Dr. Cadesky in two weeks time to get our protocol for IVF. I'm 40 going on 41 in August. Not sure what protocol to expect. So far all of our tests have been okay. We do all of our monitoring in Whitby at Lakeridge Fertility.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TRIO