• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

Does anyone know if PCRM closes over Christmas? If I was to get AF in December would I still be able to cycle or would I have to wait until January?
Thanks!

#2 DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl
  • 719 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

Minnie - I know that PCRM has a cut-off date for December cycles, but I don't know what it is. Hopefully Meemee will see this post, I think she knows the cut-off. Good luck to you.
Andiy
Me-27, DH-46, Male Factor/Poor Egg Quality
HSG - May 31/07 - All Clear, Karyotyping & CF tests okay
Follow-Up Appt - July 5/07 - ICSI is the way to go
Phone consult with PCRM on Oct 2/07
Started BCP Oct 18, Lupron injects Nov 3
ER Dec 2/07, ET Dec 5/07
Discovered after not responding to meds that I have poor quality eggs.
12 collected, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 2 made it to day 2
Transferred two 6-cell Grade 4&5 average embies. Nothing to freeze
Dec 17/07 Beta 163 BFP!!!, Dec 19/07 - 530, Dec 21 - 1460
U/S - Jan 9/08, 1 beautiful heartbeat of 155 bpm.
U/S - Jan 23/08, still one beautiful heartbeat of 180 bpm.
EDD - Aug 26/08
Aug 21/08 ~ Madison Elizabeth arrived at 8 lbs 10 oz and 21.5" long.
"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."

#3 blueslippers

blueslippers
  • Global 100+
  • 409 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM (Burnaby), now back to Edmonton

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

Dr. Havelock told me the cutoff date for starting stims is December 1st. I was able to start stims 2 days before that and I was booked into January. They don't like to take any chances because they don't do any transfers the week before Christmas. It might be easier for you if you think of January rather than being disappointed. I was upset at first because I've been suppressing for 3 months already and really wanted to get this show on the road so to speak. But then I though about it and realized that the few weeks before Christmas are already so stressful and everyone has parties and treats at work, so I would rather go in January when everyone's mind is on work and not on the upcoming holidays. Just my two cents.
Me 38 DH 38 TTC x 9 years IUI with injectables x 4 BFN endometriosis surgery BFP March 2007 with IUI, m/c at 8w2d:( 2 more IUI, BFN IVF 1 and 2 BFN FET 1 BFN discovered I was a Type I diabetic (WTF?) started insulin failed adoption of Baby Boy May 2009 (mom changed her mind via Text Message) back to the clinic IUI #7 BFP, Baby boy E born at 37w via induction (placental abruption)July 18, 2010 8lbs4oz doing great! took a break to breastfeed until 2012 (only part of this that ever came easy for me) TTC #2 January 2013 IUI 1B, 2B, 3B BFN IVF #1B BFP but slow and low betas, m/c one twin 6w, lost the other one at 9w FET #1B Feb 19, 2014 transferred last two embies. BFP - praying this one works out because I think we are done with ART otherwise.

#4 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

Thanks both so much for such a fast reply! Does anyone know if Dr. H "believes" in immune issues? I've had some recent testing done and I have high NK cells so I think I need IVIG but not sure. I know our current clinic doesn't believe in immune stuff so I'm kind of fumbling around here on my own.

DH and I both met with Dr. H for a consult in the summer, but we had no immune testing at that time, so it was just a straightforward cycle. Then I went ahead and got tested (on my own through Millenova in Chicago) and now we're not sure what exactly we should do. Try another cycle without immune treatment at our current clinic? Or switch to PCRM? Sorry, just thinking out loud there for a minute.

#5 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

And I had my heart set on cycling before the year was over but I guess that's not going to happen. :(

#6 DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl
  • 719 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:34 PM

Minnie - I'm so sorry that I didn't notice your question before now. If you haven't done this already, I would phone Taryn at PCRM to ask her about IVIG. She is very helpful and will be more than willing to either answer your question or have Dr H call you back. Good Luck!!!
Me-27, DH-46, Male Factor/Poor Egg Quality
HSG - May 31/07 - All Clear, Karyotyping & CF tests okay
Follow-Up Appt - July 5/07 - ICSI is the way to go
Phone consult with PCRM on Oct 2/07
Started BCP Oct 18, Lupron injects Nov 3
ER Dec 2/07, ET Dec 5/07
Discovered after not responding to meds that I have poor quality eggs.
12 collected, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 2 made it to day 2
Transferred two 6-cell Grade 4&5 average embies. Nothing to freeze
Dec 17/07 Beta 163 BFP!!!, Dec 19/07 - 530, Dec 21 - 1460
U/S - Jan 9/08, 1 beautiful heartbeat of 155 bpm.
U/S - Jan 23/08, still one beautiful heartbeat of 180 bpm.
EDD - Aug 26/08
Aug 21/08 ~ Madison Elizabeth arrived at 8 lbs 10 oz and 21.5" long.
"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:52 AM

I believe the clinic closes Friday and reopens January 2.
I know this because I called yesterday with a question!