• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#76 amsk

amsk
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Repromed and Ovo

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

Babymaybe, welcome! This is wonderful news. As I am sure you know, overall success rates with donor eggs (assuming a young donor) are high -- definitely above 50% and as high as 80% per transfer in some clinics. I always want to soothe my nerves around this with stats and predictions too, but I think blastocyst grading is not the best tool for predicting outcomes. It's as much about stage of development as anything, and blasts at different stages of development can work well as long as they are within a general range. I think as long as you are in the "worth transferring" group, you are within the 50-80% chance of success window.  This may be helpful: http://www.advancedf...ocystimages.htm

So overall, I would say it looks good! And if you're looking for stats to help, just know that donor stats are generally quite promising. Keep us posted!

#77 Babymaybe10

Babymaybe10
  • Just Hatched
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Newlife

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

Babymaybe, welcome! This is wonderful news. As I am sure you know, overall success rates with donor eggs (assuming a young donor) are high -- definitely above 50% and as high as 80% per transfer in some clinics. I always want to soothe my nerves around this with stats and predictions too, but I think blastocyst grading is not the best tool for predicting outcomes. It's as much about stage of development as anything, and blasts at different stages of development can work well as long as they are within a general range. I think as long as you are in the "worth transferring" group, you are within the 50-80% chance of success window.  This may be helpful: http://www.advancedf...ocystimages.htm
So overall, I would say it looks good! And if you're looking for stats to help, just know that donor stats are generally quite promising. Keep us posted!

Hi there! Thank you so much for the encouraging words!
Just this process has got me nervous, anxious etc!
And then for the embryologist to say that is just wacky.

I also caved and did a hpt test 4dp5dt. And of course it is a negative. Do you think it's to early?

#78 ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs
  • Cyclebase
  • 4806 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:33 AM

Too early. Most seem to start getting positives on days 5-7 with the occasional few not getting them on beta morning even when it's positive.
Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

See "About Me" for details.

#79 amsk

amsk
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:29 AM

What did the embryologist say? 

I also caved and did a hpt test 4dp5dt. And of course it is a negative. Do you think it's to early?

#80 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

HPT too early for a FET, give it another 3 days or so.

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do

#81 SunshineTTC

SunshineTTC
  • 1000+
  • 1037 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:16 PM

Flip side of a question asked previous page -- what if a donor had benefits that cover either cycle costs and/or meds, is donor cycle eligible for them to claim on their own benefits (even though technically it's being done for someone else)?

Me: 40 41 42 43 44 45, single, FSH 6, LH 2 (FSH not high, but exceeded 2:1 ratio), DOR (AFC 5-7, v.low AMH), all else normal/healthy.

After a difficult 6 year journey of everything going wrong, amazing baby boy born Dec 2018.  Donor sperm + DEB-USA donor eggs.  Detailed journey in 'about me'.

#82 EverHopefull!

EverHopefull!
  • 1000+
  • 1600 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis/VFC

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:24 PM

Babymaybe10, I didn't get a positive until 10dp5dt, so yes, it's too early!

With respect to a donor who might have benefits, yes, the donor is eligible to claim their own benefits even if they're doing a cycle for someone else.  I've talked to a couple of donors who did that.  They aren't obligated to use their coverage though.  Many medical plans have lifetime limits so they might not want to rack up costs if it might impact their ability to get things covered in the future.

• SunshineTTC likes this

TTC since December 2004

One successful IVF

Many, many unsuccessful IF treatments

Finally a successful DE cycle!  babyEver is due July 1st.

#83 Babymaybe10

Babymaybe10
  • Just Hatched
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

We transfered 2 blasts a 5ba and 3bb... I asked the embroyolgist what he thought. He said "they look ok".....?
Just ok.? He made me doubt this cycle now Why would he say that?

The embroyolgist said

#84 Babymaybe10

Babymaybe10
  • Just Hatched
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:16 PM

HPT too early for a FET, give it another 3 days or so.

Thank you! Let's hope so,,

#85 Babymaybe10

Babymaybe10
  • Just Hatched
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:17 PM

Too early. Most seem to start getting positives on days 5-7 with the occasional few not getting them on beta morning even when it's positive.

Babymaybe10, I didn't get a positive until 10dp5dt, so yes, it's too early!

With respect to a donor who might have benefits, yes, the donor is eligible to claim their own benefits even if they're doing a cycle for someone else.  I've talked to a couple of donors who did that.  They aren't obligated to use their coverage though.  Many medical plans have lifetime limits so they might not want to rack up costs if it might impact their ability to get things covered in the future.

Thank you ladies,! Let's hope for the best! Infertility sucks

#86 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:20 PM

We transfered 2 blasts a 5ba and 3bb... I asked the embroyolgist what he thought. He said "they look ok".....?

The embroyolgist said

Don't put too much (or any) stock into the grading. There are cycles where people have "perfect" embryos that fail and cycles where people use a very iffy looking embryos and get a perfect take home baby.

The grading is subjective and really isn't 100%.

Relax, have a glass of wine, but your feet up and enjoy the weekend.

idream

#87 Babymaybe10

Babymaybe10
  • Just Hatched
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

The embroyolgist said

Don't put too much (or any) stock into the grading. There are cycles where people have "perfect" embryos that fail and cycles where people use a very iffy looking embryos and get a perfect take home baby.

The grading is subjective and really isn't 100%.

Relax, have a glass of wine, but your feet up and enjoy the weekend.

idream

Yes I will have a glass of wine tonight!! I need one! Lol
  • idream likes this

#88 EverHopefull!

EverHopefull!
  • 1000+
  • 1600 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis/VFC

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

I just found out that we have 4 blasts ready to go!  The DE program we're using only guarantees 2, and they said that rarely they have someone with 3 - but we got 4.  I'm excited and I feel a little guilty at the same time.

TTC since December 2004

One successful IVF

Many, many unsuccessful IF treatments

Finally a successful DE cycle!  babyEver is due July 1st.

#89 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:49 PM

Oh EH! I have everything crossed for you. Seriously setuously crossed!!!!

See about me page.

#90 amsk

amsk
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:07 PM

Ever hopeful,that's great news about your blasts. No guilt -- we've mostly all had our share of not-so-hot luck to get us to this point, and it's so good to hear promising news.  

Babymaybe, thinking of you.  I agree with idream, grades are not all that predictive of results. They do say some pretty discouraging things sometimes though --  I was once told by an embryologist that my eggs were "ugly". Yikes. 

idream, do you have a date yet? I got put off by a month so I was hoping maybe we'd line up after all -- I am looking at about a month from now. 

#91 Nerd4Life

Nerd4Life
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:38 PM

I was once told by an embryologist that my eggs were "ugly". Yikes. 

Oh no, what a terrible thing to say! Not to mention, I find the medical language around women's health and reproduction can be quite off-putting and stigmatizing as it is (I mean, "incompetent cervix"? Really? That's the term we're going to go with?). No need to add negative aesthetics comments in there on top of it all >< *hugs*

#92 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:30 AM

Ever hopeful,that's great news about your blasts. No guilt -- we've mostly all had our share of not-so-hot luck to get us to this point, and it's so good to hear promising news.  

Babymaybe, thinking of you.  I agree with idream, grades are not all that predictive of results. They do say some pretty discouraging things sometimes though --  I was once told by an embryologist that my eggs were "ugly". Yikes. 

idream, do you have a date yet? I got put off by a month so I was hoping maybe we'd line up after all -- I am looking at about a month from now. 

HI AMSK,

We have some tentative dates lining up, looks like I will be doing the retrieval and transfer in mid November. I start BCP in early October to align my cycle with hers and then we do stims the next cycle.  It is all getting so real. not quite lining up yet.  Did you get my PM?

idream

#93 Kayte

Kayte
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:33 PM

Has anyone worked with Egg Helpers?

I had an official quote from the person in charge of the company, plus had begun discussions about donors and three weeks ago all communication stopped. I have sent three follow-up emails (nice ones) and still no response. Seems really unprofessional and worrisome... and admittedly disappointing since by far this was a more affordable choice than other egg banks/egg donor organizations.  :(

#94 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

If you do a search on them on the forum you'll see some concerning issues... Although I'm sure there's loads of people who've had good experiences too...

See about me page.

#95 Kayte

Kayte
  • Global 100+
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:07 PM

Yes, I finally found them. I was pretty sure I'd read the posts before but sometimes the search engine here takes a few tries to work for me.

Sigh... reading through the donor agency discussions feels a little like running a mental marathon. This IF thing is such a battle and challenge to figure out. Maybe a good night's sleep will help clear the brain for another try tmrw ;)

#96 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

HUGS.  IF is a Sh*tshow.

See about me page.

#97 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:32 PM

Has anyone worked with Egg Helpers?

I had an official quote from the person in charge of the company, plus had begun discussions about donors and three weeks ago all communication stopped. I have sent three follow-up emails (nice ones) and still no response. Seems really unprofessional and worrisome... and admittedly disappointing since by far this was a more affordable choice than other egg banks/egg donor organizations.  sad.png

Have you written directly to Scott Swanberg?  May be faster to reach them if you use his e-mail. 

Scott Swanberg <[email protected]

I went to Europe for ED but I was impressed by the egg donor coordinator nurse at Create in Toronto.  Not sure if this is feasible, depending on where you live, but I got the impression that the clinic had a good working relationship with Egg Helpers which could be helpful in moving the process up more quickly.

Good luck!  I know this is very stressful.  

#98 NadineandDan

NadineandDan
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

I am so glad I found this group!! My husband and I tried ivf after losing both my tubes to etopic pregnancies. We had 10 eggs retieved, 7 fertilized but only one continue to develop. We were implanted and pregnant... For 3 weeks. I was told I had to have a medical induced miscarriage. What an awful thing I had to do knowing I was soon not going to pregnant. Needless to say my husband and I were utterly devastated and heart broken. My fertility doctor strongly discharges us from doing more ivf with my eggs. So now I am starting on the path of embryo donation. There has been such fabulous information on here. I had no idea where to start. Thank you to all of you for sharing your stories. I hope to have a happy ending like some of you.

#99 Babymaybe10

Babymaybe10
  • Just Hatched
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:10 PM

Hi Everyone....

I went in for my beta test yesterday and it came back 5.5

The nurse said there is something there but we have to confirm with another test tomorrow to see if the number went up.
She also said not to panic. Easier said then done!

My hpt tests have been coming up postive. But Very faint though

Could it be a chemical? And I have cramps as though my period is coming.

#100 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

Hi Everyone....

I went in for my beta test yesterday and it came back 5.5

The nurse said there is something there but we have to confirm with another test tomorrow to see if the number went up.
She also said not to panic. Easier said then done!

My hpt tests have been coming up postive. But Very faint though

Could it be a chemical? And I have cramps as though my period is coming.

How many days past transfer are you?  My first beta was only 17, and it stuck.  

It all depends on how many days past transfer you've taken your first beta.  Just 1 or 2 days difference means something completely different.  

Good luck for a doubling!!  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: donor egg, donor sperm, ivf, iui, surrogacy