11 replies to this topic

#1 calgal76

calgal76
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

Hi all, 

Has anyone gone through the vitrified egg program in Calgary at the Regional Fertility Program? What was your experience and was it successful? 

I did an IVF cycle at the clinic in November and live in Calgary, so it would be convenient. But, I am worried that it might be better to go to a US clinic where a fresh transfer might be possible. 

Advice? Thoughts? 

TIA!

Me 39/DH 43 

TTC since May 2014. 1 natural BFP Nov 21, 2014 - chemical. Tubes clear, 8 AFC, 11 or 13 FSH (I can't remember!)

2 failed IUI July and Aug 2015. Jerkface cyst on left ovary drained Oct 19, 2015

First round IVF - Flare protocol - started Oct 24, 2015

ER Nov 6, 2015 - 10 follicles, 5 eggs & all fertilized!

ET Nov 9, 2015 - 3d3 transferred. Bubbles, Harry and Winston heart.gif  Other 2 embryos arrested on day 4 and day 5. 

7dp3dt - lost control and POAS - BFN... still holding out hope...

12dp3dt - Nov 21, 2015 - BFP! Exactly one year from last BFP. Praying this bug sticks. crsd.gif

15dp3dt - Nov 24, 2015 - Beta 1 is 329. 2nd Beta 17dp3dt (Nov 26, 2015) is 803! wub.png

Dec 2, 2015 - (5w4d) - first u/s. Two gestational sacs (7.5 mm and 4.4 mm) with yolk sacs! Viability unknown. 

Dec 11, 2015 (7w) ultrasound to determine viability. Still have two on board. Babe A is looking good at 7.4mm (CRL) with 135 heart rate. Our little B is off the charts for being small with slower heart rate - 5.0mm (CRL) with 115 heart rate. We've been told that we may lose B and go back for a further ultrasound on the 21st to check B's growth. Please grow little beans! crsd.gif

Dec 21, 2015 (8w3d) ultrasound showed baby A was right on track (18.3 CRL with 160 heart rate). Baby B was still there with a strong heart beat (157) but only grew 5.5mm and is only 10.5 mm CRL. Clinic has advised that B will likely stop developing and we will lose B. Devastated about B but also feeling so lucky that A is doing so well. Praying that A continues to grow well and will join our family in the summer.

Ultrasound Jan 5, 2016 showed baby B had no heart beat. 

Jan 19, 2015 - First trimester ultrasound at 12w4d showed baby A had neural tube disorder that was incompatible with life (anencephaly). Said goodbye to our much loved and wanted baby on January 26, 2015. Moving on to DE. 

#2 PrairiePaddleChick

PrairiePaddleChick
  • 32 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

Yes, and I have twins now. PM me for more details

#3 CarCar1979

CarCar1979
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

Is it an anonymous program? We are looking for an open ID or known egg donor. I can't afford the US banks though....

#4 oeuf

oeuf
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:calgary

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:49 AM

Calgal76-

I am also in Calgary too. I tried  1 cycle of IVF with my eggs at the clinic ( we are TTC #2) - sadly it did not work- and I  too am exploring the DE option. I would love to hear more about what you decided and how your experiences have been if you chose this option. My appt to discuss DE with my Dr is coming up at the end of the month so any info you have would be very helpful!!

#5 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

Calgal76-

I am also in Calgary too. I tried  1 cycle of IVF with my eggs at the clinic ( we are TTC #2) - sadly it did not work- and I  too am exploring the DE option. I would love to hear more about what you decided and how your experiences have been if you chose this option. My appt to discuss DE with my Dr is coming up at the end of the month so any info you have would be very helpful!!

I'm sorry - I'm thread crashing and have nothing to add.  I just love your screen name Oeuf!  I am super jealous I never thought of it.  :)

It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#6 silverbrumby

silverbrumby
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:55 PM

My understanding is that this program actually uses an egg bank based in the U.S., and yes, donors are anonymous.

#7 powder2171

powder2171
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary regional fertility clinic

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

My friend just used them and had a very interesting experience and is now pregnant with twins'

#8 CalgaryEggDonor

CalgaryEggDonor
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I am a three time proven egg donor located in Calgary. I am an active, adventurous, genuine, and travel enthusiast! I have blue eyes, I am 5'6 and 125 pounds with an interest in snowboarding, reading, DIY projects and camping. Feel free to ask away! I am happy to help answer any questions regarding the donor process in Canada or potentially become your donor:)

I have donated three times:
    1st: Jan/16, Royal Alex in Edmonton,AB, 19 eggs retrieved
    2nd: July/16, VFC, Victoria,BC, 15 eggs retrieved
    3rd: Jan/17, VFC, 24 eggs retrieved

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

I am a donor from Red Deer but, would be willing to donate to someone working with the Calgary clinic. I have donated once before in Edmonton which resulted in a pregnancy and will donate a second time in Victoria next month. PM if you would like:)
  • Yearning and CdnHockeyGal like this

#9 foxymama

foxymama
  • 37 posts
  • My Clinic:Not sure

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

Hello, ladies!

Bumping this post to see how everyone did? Did anyone settle on the Calgary clinic? Was it a good experience?

We have ordered our eggs and am just waiting to start! I would love to hear how it went!

A short history of why I have one partially-working-lonely-remaining-ovary in About Me.

32 YO with DOR.  Moving on to DE IVF fall 2016!

#10 kimieg

kimieg
  • 68 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP (currently)

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

foxymana- I hope you get some more replies soon! My dh and I are at a fork in the road and need to decide if we move onto DE/Embryos or continue with my own eggs in another retrieval   :/ 

I have also been following a FB group on this topic and have really been able to get a better insight into the whole donor world. 

Good luck with your cycle! Do you mind if I ask what the total cost is going to be with RFP? 

ttc#2 since Mar 2013

Me-40, low AMH, subclinical low thyroid, all other tests 'normal', suspect endo (strong family history), DH 33 - low morp (1%)

Feb 2015- Femera- bfn

Mar 2015-Clomid - bfn

April 2015- Clomid- bfn

Aug/Sept 2015- 1st IVF- bfn (only 4 ER and only 2 Fertilized, transferred two 2d)

#11 Nadira

Nadira
  • Global 100+
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:movies, baking, hiking, camping, vacationing, shopping, walking
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:10 AM

kimieg - what is the name of the fb group you are following?

Me: 33 Suboptimal Hypothyroidism, taking low dose synthroid

DH:43 Celiac Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Gout

Together 6 years, Married 3

DH has 11 yr old son from previous marriage - equally shared custody

Dx: unexplained

TTC since Sept 2013

Started with RFP March 2015

Clomid 100mg with IUI x 4 th_abfn.gif

IVF #1 July 2016

Antagonist Protocol: Day 7, 4 follicles only, they had grown big very quickly.

Cancelled IVF cycle at this point and converted to Superovulation IUI th_abfn.gif

IVF #2 Sep/Oct 2016

Flare Protocol:

BCP Mirvela x 21 days

Stim x 12 days, u/s showed 9 follicles.

Oct 8 - ER 4 eggs, 2 mature, other 2 matured in culture. ICSI all 4, 3 fertilized successfully.

Oct 11 - ET of 2 embryos on day 3. 3rd embryo stopped growing in lab, unable to freeze

Oct 24 - 13dp3dt - HPT: th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif

Oct 26 - 1st Beta level - 1145! (15dp3dt)

Oct 28 - Beta #2 - 3086 (17dp3dt) 

Oct 30 - Beta #3 - 5581 (19dp3dt)

Nov 1 - Beta #4 - ~12100 (21dp3dt)

Nov 3 - Beta #5 - 20135 (23dp3dt)

Nov 5 - Beta #6 - 29862 (25dp3dt)

Nov 9 - Early u/s at 6w4d to rule out ectopic, baby measuring 6w4d at 7.1mm HB 120

Nov 14 - 7 week u/s dating & viability canceled by EFW due to u/s 5 days prior

Dec 19/16 - Nuchal translucency scan, all went well HB 162

Feb 2/17 - met Ob, measuring on track, HB 150

Feb 9 - detailed scan pending

July 1/2017 - EDD

#12 foxymama

foxymama
  • 37 posts
  • My Clinic:Not sure

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:37 PM

How are you doing with your decision? And which FB group do you follow?

All said and done we are probably looking at $23k. I can send you more of a breakdown if you need!

A short history of why I have one partially-working-lonely-remaining-ovary in About Me.

32 YO with DOR.  Moving on to DE IVF fall 2016!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: donor eggs