• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dueie

dueie
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

Hello!

recently my friend made a egg donation and it occurred to me perhaps its something Id like to do as well.

I understand that asian donors are rare and have talked to my family about my consideration and they were quiet accepting of it.

I personally do not plan to start a family as my career is quiet physically demanding but would love to help someone in need.

Only problem is Im not too familiar with the process and I'm not trying to make money from donation.

... I believe starting a family is not something to be taken lightly. 

I have read AHR act and recent article about an agency being fined, what I'm interested in learning is how to find a right recipient and the process it self.

Any advices or thoughts?

Edited by gibasgirl, 02 February 2016 - 01:12 PM.
Edited by Mod to remove non-AHR compliant act

• Michelle :-) and Womb Occupied like this

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

Hello Dueie,

Welcome to the community. Taking the step(s) towards donation is a moving act of generosity that will help a couple/individual achieve their hoped-for family.

As to the steps, some of the ladies who have donated, or received donor eggs can explain the process.

In Canada, the Intended Parent(s) are only able to cover your expenses/lost wages.

#3 fruitface

fruitface
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Animals, food, fermenting, cooking, traveling, camping, biking, hiking, donating eggs!

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

Welcome dueie smile.png

There are several ways you can find recipients. You can answer an ad off this site (which is how I met my first amazing IPs), you can make a profile with Egg Helpers or Little Miracles or both for recipients working through an agency and a few other online sites.

Don't ignore your red flags, try to figure out what it is you're looking for in recipients and the process, and relationship afterwards.

If you have any questions about the process feel free to pm me

• gibasgirl, Nerd4Life and dueie like this

#4 Nerd4Life

Nerd4Life
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:28 AM

Welcome dueie smile.png

There are several ways you can find recipients. You can answer an ad off this site (which is how I met my first amazing IPs), you can make a profile with Egg Helpers or Little Miracles or both for recipients working through an agency and a few other online sites.

Don't ignore your red flags, try to figure out what it is you're looking for in recipients and the process, and relationship afterwards.

If you have any questions about the process feel free to pm me

^^^ This! If you are interested in donating outside of Canada you can also check out US and International agencies as there are many that accept Canadian donors.

#5 mmonkey

mmonkey
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor activities. Health, science, psychology.
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

I know I'm a little late here, but I really recommend talking to a counsellor experienced in fertility issues. They might identify things that you hadn't thought of before and also help you identify things that are important to you.

I talked to Jen Vining in Victoria, she did phone/skype consults with me and I can't recommend it highly enough.

3x donor. All 3 families I have helped successful. 

At the age of 36, I have to retire my ovaries NOPE! Doing one more "fertility preservation" cycle just in case I'd like to use my own eggs someday. If I don't use them by 45 or so I'll give them to someone else.

...GUESS WHAT...

Age 42, just married to my wonderful DH (42)

Olive Fertility in Vancouver - 24 eggs frozen in 2016, thawed in April 2022

23 were mature and all 23 survived thaw/fertilized

Day 5- 12 embryos survived and frozen

June 2, 2022- FET #1 single embryo

June 13- beta #1 th_abfn.gif

Transfer #2- US for lining check June 28 - 10mm

July 5, 2022- FET of 2 embryos

POAS July 15 th_abfp.gif

Beta July 18 2248 13dp5dt ohmy.png

Beta July 25 16625 20dp5dt

US Aug 2 Baby A and Baby B both with good heartbeats th_acheerlead.gif

I still don't really feel this is real!