September/October 2016 Due Date Buddies - Page 5 - Due Date Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

September/October 2016 Due Date Buddies

• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#101 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

I did 4. I found out stressful... I am trying to be very hopeful and positive for viability us Friday but all the extra Beta has made me scared...

Mar 2015 - IUI #1 th_abfn.gif

Apr 2015 - IUI #2 th_abfn.gif

May 2015 - IUI #3 th_abfp.gif - turned out to be chemical cry.gif

Aug 2015 - IUI #4 th_abfn.gif

Sep 2015 - IUI #5 th_abfn.gif

Oct 2015 - IVF #1 prep month

Nov 2015 IVF #1.1 - actual IVF stim cycle - Freeze all dt OHSS high risk  - 3 excellent embryos frozen

Jan 20 2016 FET #1 - 2 beautiful embryos transferred! th_abfp.gif  -miscarriage at 8w2d 8388.gif

June 1 2016 FET #2 -- 1 beautiful (and final) embryo transferred. . . 

June 13th 2016 Beta 1 -- 337!!  th_abfp.gif

June 20th 2016 Beta 2 --2743!!

Now viability scan on June 24th!!  Fingers crossed! All looked good!

US# 2 heart beat heart yay!!

US #3 -- no heartbeat -- waiting miscarriage 8388.gif

Oct FINALLY miscarriage and all pregnancy tissue passed cry.gif

Nov 26th -- Mini Stim IVF started as last resort before donor eggs or donor embryos... sadly only one embryo and was abnormal so discarded

2017 -- donor egg or donor embryo, traditional adoption or give up sad.png

Didn't give up but had a horrible experience with Donor Embryos and the clinic that I went through :(

Returned to my original clinic for Donor Egg and got a th_abfp.gif and stayed preggo.gif and had a babygirl.gif !!

​                          

#102 Andi-dandi

Andi-dandi
  • Global 100+
  • 255 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Hart fertility

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

Hi ladies,
You never stop worrying. Get ready!

I had an ultrasound today at 11 weeks 1 day. I saw the little one moving and was able to get a great video of it for hubby to see. It was awesome. The tech thinks it's a boy but can't be certain since I'm very early. She also did the nuc translucency test which looked good at .16. I have my official test booked in a week and a half but it's nice to have early confirmation that all looks well! Now I'm nervous since I'm currently taking 3 progesterone suppositories daily and the doctor said I could go down to one but I'm SO scared to do this. He said, and the nurse confirmed, that it was safe at this stage if my pregnancy but I'm just afraid to mess around with this. My husband said I should drop to two if that makes me feel better but I just don't know.

#103 jodycser

jodycser
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:50 PM

2nd ultrasound today. They tell me things still looking great! 2 little heart beats have gone from 124 each to 147 and 151...haven't grown as much as I would have thought, but I'm going to guess that it was the ultrasound tech measuring differently. I remember measuring lining thickness, different techs would get different measurements...probably the same with embryos?...maybe? Anyways, they told me everything looked good, and to come back next Friday for another look. My SCH has gotten "much smaller" whatever that means. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow so I'm sure I can get some better answers from him.

ET Aug 2014 - 19 retreived, 6 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)...4 blasts good to go!

November 2014 - 1st FET cycle...cancelled due to bad uterine lining

December 2014 - 2nd FET cycle....cancelled due to bad uterine lining

February 2015 - 3rd FET cycle...uterine lining got to 0.8mm...transferred 2 blasts...BFN

June 2015 - 4th FET cycle (only 1 blast left to transfer...one didn't make it through thaw).....we'll see...nope BFN

Oct 2015 - 31 retrieved, 8 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)....6 blasts good to go!

Jan 2016 - 5th FET cycle...lining got to 6.5mm, not great, but Dr seemed confident...transferred 2 blasts...just waiting...finished waiting

Beta #1 13dp5dt 1960 th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif

Beta #2 18dp5dt 14,950 th_aholysheep.gif

#104 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

So excited for you ladies who saw your babies today! Were your ultrasounds at your fertility clinic? Or have they passed your care back to your GP?

I still have spotting -- I've had it for a week now, it doesn't seem to be getting better or worse, just the same. Hopefully a third beta will let me relax a bit. I don't feel ready to celebrate yet.

#105 Orange81

Orange81
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

Welcome to the newbies.... And congrats!

Jody great to hear everything is going well.

I go in for my first US tomorrow..... Nervous since its early (exactly 6weeks).... After everything I have been through and all of the BFNs I honestly can't even believe this is really still!

#106 jodycser

jodycser
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:48 PM

Orange - Let us know how the ultrasound goes today!  Excited to hear.

Cattymom - I have been "released" from the fertility clinic, although I can still call them if I have any concerns of course.

I had to reschedule my dr's appointment for today ;(.  My husband got sick last night, and I couldn't find anyone to watch my kids.  So now I don't see him until the 29th...I'll already have had another ultrasound by then!  Oh well...things are looking good, so hopefully I will have an uneventful week and a half before I can get in to see him.  This is the problem with being released from the clinic.  They are so easy to get a hold of, and get answers from.  My regular dr's office is a bit tougher to navigate.  The receptionist doesn't let anything slide, and the nurse only works a couple days a week, so even trying to get a hold of her is a pain.

ET Aug 2014 - 19 retreived, 6 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)...4 blasts good to go!

February 2015 - 3rd FET cycle...uterine lining got to 0.8mm...transferred 2 blasts...BFN

June 2015 - 4th FET cycle (only 1 blast left to transfer...one didn't make it through thaw).....we'll see...nope BFN

Oct 2015 - 31 retrieved, 8 made to 5 day blasts - sent to PGD Lab (freeze all)....6 blasts good to go!

Jan 2016 - 5th FET cycle...lining got to 6.5mm, not great, but Dr seemed confident...transferred 2 blasts...just waiting...finished waiting

#107 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

Orange81 -- that might be too early for a heartbeat so don't panic if they can't find one! I hope all goes well!!

Jodycser -- GP's are the worst for that. Mine makes 8:30 a.m. appointments and she doesn't even get into the office until 9.

My third beta was good -- still doubling, but spotting is worse than ever :(. Not feeling hopeful at this point.

#108 Orange81

Orange81
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:21 PM

So, I had the ultrasound today, no heartbeat :( on a bright note apparently everything else looked normal. Soo I think that's good? Now I have to wait another whole week to find out if there is a heartbeat.....ugh so stressful. Even my doctor said she feels optmistically cautious but will feel better in a week when there is a heartbeat! We did find out that there is only one little bean in there. Also apparently my progesterone levels dropped, what does this mean? they are increasing my PIO to 2 cc day.

Catttymom- hang in there, if the beta is rising that should be a good sign, what did the doc say?

Jody- how far along are you? I was talking to my doctor today and she was talking about "graduating" from the fertility clinic in 2 weeks and I started to get super nervous! I have been going to them for such a long time!

#109 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

Orange, my ultrasound is tomorrow because they frequently don't see heartbeats at 6 weeks. I will be 7 weeks exactly. I am nervous because betas started low, then doubled beautifully then this Last one has slowed... Still within normal but has made me crazy nervous. My partner can't come tomorrow as he's out of town so have asked a good friend to come... Praying there is a heartbeat!!

Catty,hoping the spotting is nothing!!

Congrats Jody!

Nov 2015 IVF #1.1 - actual IVF stim cycle - Freeze all dt OHSS high risk  - 3 excellent embryos frozen

Jan 20 2016 FET #1 - 2 beautiful embryos transferred! th_abfp.gif  -miscarriage at 8w2d 8388.gif

Nov 26th -- Mini Stim IVF started as last resort before donor eggs or donor embryos... sadly only one embryo and was abnormal so discarded

Didn't give up but had a horrible experience with Donor Embryos and the clinic that I went through :(

Returned to my original clinic for Donor Egg and got a th_abfp.gif and stayed preggo.gif and had a babygirl.gif !!

​                          

#110 jodycser

jodycser
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

Orange - I was released at 6 1/2 weeks right after I had my ultrasound from the bleeding. It's weird right? I've been dealing with them for 3 years now, and all of a sudden nothing! They told me they did their job by getting me pregnanct, now it's someone else's turn...but to come in after the babies are born for a visit! Too bad about the heartbeat, but good news that everything else looks ok....this week will fly by for you I'm sure!

#111 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

I haven't talked to the doctor at all, just the nurse. She seems to be taking a 'wait and see' approach. I suppose there's not much they can do at this point anyway. I will go for beta #4 on Monday.

#112 Orange81

Orange81
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

Butterfly- good luck with the US tomorrow let us know how it goes....I'll be thinking about you!

Jody- this all new to me so I don't really know if it is weird or not, I too have been with my fertility doc for a little over three years. Today at the US they said that if all goes well they will release me at the 8-9week mark. It seems like everything has been going okay for the twins, so that's really the important part! My doc told me today to make a 10 week appointment with my OB but I'm nervous to think that far ahead...especially with no heartbeat today....I might wait one more week.

Catty- it seems like a good sign that the nurses haven't had you speak to a doctor...it means they probably aren't that concerned. When I had bleeding the first question everyone asked me was about the color...that might indicate good or bad sign....when do you go in for your US?

#113 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

Orange81 -- I've read that progesterone levels fluctuate all the time, but it's nice that your doctor is increasing yours. (Mine doesn't even test for progesterone levels). Do you know what yours was at? I think 20 is the magic number??

ButterflyBaby -- can't wait to hear about your ultrasound. Maybe you can make a video on your phone for your partner?

I haven't even thought about an OB. Do most people get a referral to an OB from their clinic or from their GP? My clinic is out of town for me so it will be nice to have a local doctor. I think I would be jinxing myself if I put too much thought into that at this point.

The nurse really didn't ask me any questions at all, but that's been pretty standard for my clinic. It seems to be up to me to ask the questions -- the information they share without being asked seems to be on a need-to-know basis, maybe so they don't cause undue stress? Going into IVF and not knowing anyone else who had done it, I really didn't even know what questions to ask when we started. It wasn't until I started reading these forums that I realized other couples knew their AMH levels, embryo quality grades, thaw cell death percentages, beta numbers, etc. No one ever told me any of those things at the clinic until I figured out that I had to ask. They have been happy to answer when I ask the right questions, so now I feel really stupid about all the times I didn't ask questions. I'm trying to be more assertive and take responsibility for my own care, but I still feel like I'm in the dark. Although .. everything I've read about spotting and bleeding in early pregnancy, there are no good answers, and it truly does seem to be a wait and see game. If I was having severe pain and cramping, I would request an early ultrasound, but I don't really see the point right now.

#114 lily84

lily84
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:Heartland/ Now VFC

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

It's exciting to hear that a lot of you ladies have had your ultrasounds. I wish you all the best!

My ultrasound isn't until 7w3d which is next week. The wait is driving me crazy. Apart feeling exhausted and lightheaded I haven't had any other symptoms. I just want to know that everything is going well in there. Positive side is that we should get a good look at bean by that stage.
Me: PCOS DH: failed reversal
Oct '15 - PESA successful!
Nov '15 - Freeze all IVF w/ ICSI due to high OHSS risk = 4 embryos on ice.
Jan 22, '16 - FET 1 beautiful blast BFP on HPT at 7dp5dt!!! - Beta 682 at 12dp5dt!
7w3d U/S showed baby right on target with a HB of 150.
21w1d U/S showed lively yet stubborn baby with a HB 139. Team Green!
Edd - Oct 9th
Baby girl born Oct 17th! 6lbs14oz

#115 Rebeccamg

Rebeccamg
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

I know it's very early to join group. Had our first BFP after 2 fresh cycles and 6 frozen. We did 2 embies this time and had a beta of 32 at 7dp5dt. Nurse said its a little low but we are retesting on Monday again. Just totally in shock that we actually got a positive. These were our last two as we agreed we would not do anymore after this. Can't handle another full round of IVF. Now the wait until Monday to see if the result doubled.

#116 Rebeccamg

Rebeccamg
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

Due date would be Oct 29 according to IVF.ca

#117 C_J

C_J
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

Hey Ladies,

Just wondering if I can join your group? We have been TTC our first for almost 4 years. We did 3 IUI's which were unsuccessful.  We did our first IVF in November 2014 which resulted in a late implanting chemical pregnancy (first beta was 5.6 and last was 1312). We had none to freeze. We did our second IVF cycle in April 2015. We transferred 2 embryos, which resulted in a BFN. We did 2 frozen transfers after that in September 2015 and again in December 2015, both resulting in a BFN. We had our last BFN beta on Jan. 1, 2016 (Happy New Year to us - ugh). We had planned to go to either Olive or VFC for our 3rd IVF cycle with PGS testing in a few months, but found out  on Monday that we are somehow pregnant on our own. We have unexplained infertility and have never had success on our own prior to starting fertility treatments. Even with them we seemed to be unsuccessful! I had a positive ovulation test around Jan. 27th then had some heavy spotting about 6 days after that lasted for about 4 days then completely resolved. I had called my clinic thinking that my hormones are somehow so screwed up that now I'm randomly bleeding in the middle of my cycle. They told me to take a pregnancy test and wait a week to see if I got my period. Thinking that was the least likely outcome, I chose to wait for AF to come. She never did show so I took a pregnancy test on Monday and it came out positive! My beta on Tuesday came back at 2016 and yesterdays repeat beta was 4944. We are in complete shock. My 7 week ultrasound is scheduled for March 3rd. We are trying not to get too excited yet until we make it to our Ultrasound.

• Hoping Like Crazy, Carson2010 and SammyD21 like this

#118 Ohbaby

Ohbaby
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

Hi all, I hope I'm doing this correctly as the post goes. I've never joined a chat/support group before but here it goes. The DH have been dealing with this for 3 years, I've had a freeze all, 2 polyp removal surgeries, 1 surgery to have both tubes removed, 1 failed FET, but today we just received a BFP today and we transferred 2 embies, my first beta is 322.7 and the 2nd is scheduled for the 22nd. I'm still in shock. Congratulations to all of you very strong ladies and to the strong ladies that hasn't received good news yet I truly commend you all, keep at it.

Tentative due date 10-29, my birthday month as well 13 days after my 40th.

#119 Ohbaby

Ohbaby
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

Hi all, I hope I'm doing this correctly as the post goes. I've never joined a chat/support group before but here it goes. The DH and I have been dealing with this for 3 years, I've had a freeze all, 2 polyp removal surgeries, 1 surgery to have both tubes removed, 1 failed FET, but today we just received a BFP today and we transferred 2 embies, my first beta is 322.7 and the 2nd is scheduled for the 22nd. I'm still in shock. Congratulations to all of you very strong ladies and to the strong ladies that hasn't received good news yet I truly commend you all, keep at it.

Tentative due date 10-29, my birthday month as well 13 days after my 40th.

#120 Orange81

Orange81
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

Cattymom- last week my level was at 21, but now it dropped to 16. I will just feel better when I see a heartbeat! Good luck with the beta on Monday!

Rebecca , CJ and ohbaby- welcome and congrats to all three of you!

#121 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

Not sure I will be staying with you guys this cycle.... No heartbeat today but re days it isn't over yet. Repeat us next Thurs... Crying but trying to stay hopefull...

​                          

#122 jodycser

jodycser
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

Butterfly - in so sorry you didn't see a heartbeat today. Hopefully it's just a bit of a late bloomer and things will go better next week.

Welcome to the new ladies!

#123 Andi-dandi

Andi-dandi
  • Global 100+
  • 255 posts
  • My Clinic:Hart fertility

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:59 AM

Hello all! Welcome and congrats to all the new ladies on the board.

I'm getting to that point in this pregnancy where I need to stop taking progesterone and its freaking me out. I hate the mess and the inconvenience of it but I'm scared to stop just yet. I've tentatively stopped taking 3 suppositories a day and have dropped to two even though the doc said I only needed one. Baby steps! Today I am 11 weeks 5 days so logically I know the baby should be fine even if I stop completely but I think I want to drop to one as of Monday and then get one more box and take that until it's gone which would take me past 13 weeks. By then I'm sure I'll feel comfortable to stop taking them. That's when I stopped with my DD and she was thankfully totally fine.

How long are your doctors keeping you on progesterone?

Oh, and I heard the little ones heartbeat yesterday. :) Thank god for the Doppler! Haha.

#124 Genesis1

Genesis1
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

Welcome Rebecca, CJ, and Oh Baby!

Can we get an updated EDD list?

I'm struggling with going in for an ultrasound Tuesday because I will only be 6 weeks 3 days. I'm afraid that not seeing a heartbeat will send me over edge. Waiting 2 weeks will stress me out. So I think I'm going to reschedule my apt until Friday or next Tuesday. I don't have insurance so everything is self pay. I don't want to pay to look at an empty sacred or not to hear a heartbeat.

#125 Ola1981

Ola1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Reading, cooking, golf, knitting
  • My Clinic:Aurora Reproductive Care Saskatoon

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:25 PM

Welcome to all the new ladies! !!! If someone had a chance to, please update the due date list. ...my laptop is busted and I can't do it on my phone. ...I'll try at work if I get a chance, but it's not too likely....

Genesis, I think it's a good idea to wait till closer to 7 weeks for the ultrasound if you are paying out of pocket....6 weeks is early to see a heartbeat. I think we were extremely lucky to see one at 6w2d. ....

Afm - still a nervous nellie ... 7w5d and I still have a hard time believing is happening. Still no heartbeat on the doppler today but I shouldn't expect one this early so that's OK. I'm feeling a little worse with this pregnancy, but not awful either so it makes me wonder if it's just the progesterone. .. Friday can't come soon enough when I get to see our little bean again. Hopefully he or she is growing just right :)

Andi - my clinic has you stop progesterone at 10 weeks....it was fine with my first pregnancy :) I'll probably be closer to 11 weeks this time, just because I refuse to waste crinone....it costs way too much to throw away. I figure I may as well use it...
See about me for details of our journey to become parents to 2 beautiful children