- - - - -

How are you Shawn?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

What's new? I am off to Calgary tonite so we are there first thing in the morning for bloodwork...no u/s yet I guess...just bloodwork...will fill you in tomorrow afternoon! :D

#2 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:29 PM

Kelly,

Don't know if you'll get this tonight, I'll write more tomorrow when I know more - not much news with me, e/r will be later than they thought. My follies are only medium sized (exact size I don't know), but they're not mature enough, one is but the rest aren't. I only have 6 on the right side, as for the left I have no clue :( . I didn't get much info today. Really feeling crappy. Tomorrow we make arrangements for the e/r which could now be as late as next Thursday! :icon_question: , I guess the follies need time to grow, but apparently I'm still responding very well to the meds.

If you see this before you go, have a safe trip and GOOD LUCK!! I hope it all goes well for you and you hear what you want to hear! I'll talk to you when you get back!!

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:39 PM

that's ok Shawn...the more time they get to mature the better right? If they mature too fast that is not good for the eggs right? Next Thursday isn't so bad...hang in there buddy. the doctors don't seem concerned do they? As long as they aren't, then you shouldn't be either...I know it's easy for me to say...hell I am still injecting away...still a "baby" in all of this! By the way, my levels are at 259 and they like to see 200 - 600 (what a range eh?) so they said I am doing great. I keep at my dose of 225 IU until my u/s and more bloodwork on Monday morning. They will have a better idea then of approximately when the retreival should be... :banana: of course I am going snooping to see how good those levels are.... :thumbup:

We came back from Calgary this afternoon to a shitload of snow...wow. But the highway was good. I go up by myself Sunday. Hubs and the son don't need to come for this trip. My girlfriend may come so it will be like a mini sleep over! I was told by the nurse not to do any excercising or anything...no swimming or hot tub at the hotel... :icon_cry: but I will resume exercising again after I have a nice sticky bean or two tucked away... :thumb:

take care buddy... :wavey:

I will be computer less all weekend...what am I going to do? I am going to go NUTS :wacko: :cry:

I will check back before I leave the office for the weekend.

#4 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:47 PM

Hey!

No comp, why?? Bummer! So, your levels are rising nicely, not too fast so that's good! Not like me, I have mild OHSS, JUST what I didn't want, I can't belive it. Figures. So, no Gonal for me tonight they said, just the Synarel. My levels went from 4000 something to 8743 in one day, not so good :icon_exclaim: they say. Now I'm supposed to rest, how much fun is that?! :( My u/s today was good, right side has 9 good ones and the left side are all still medium sized. They are hoping for them to grow overnight on their own but not too fast so no Gonal because of the other side :huh: , scary stuff.

So, what did your u/s say??!! Did you have one or was it just b/w? My endometrium is great, woo hoo! I think you're moving along nicely, I'd rather be moving along slower than too fast. My levels were going up a thousand or so everyday until lastnight, they doubled, holy crap scare me! I was wondering why I was so nausiated and bloated :icon_question: , now I know.

Well, at least you came home to snow, we just have rain and LOTS of it. So, are you travelling to Calgary everyday then when your b/w gets to be needed for everyday? Did that make sense? :bang: Lol, I'm a dope right now, no sleep lastnight, oh oh, Kelly you'll love this, they gave me 4 days worth of Atrivan (sp??) Adivan?? Anyways, I wasn't able to sleep and starting to really fret about the next few days, ie egg quality/quantity and e/r and such, so she gave it to help me sleep, yay!!!! It will be much easier the day of the e/r, so there you go, when you start freaking out like me (haha) just tell them, they COMPLETELY understand! Yay, so we're not alone in feeling like this, phew! I'm just more of a basketcase as the day gets closer, I hope you're better than I am through this!

Ok, off to rest. :zz: Talk to you soon, take care!!!!
Shawn

#5 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:07 PM

I'm FAT and my belly hurts :icon_cry: . I feel like I'm going to explode. I'm wearing a tank top and my belly is so big that the bottom of it keeps rolling up towards my boobs!! :cry: I can't imagine how I'm going to feel AFTER the retrieval if this is bad right now.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:14 PM

oh no Shawn! My God...those number are high...please take care and REST like they said! So this isn't going to jeopardize your cycle is it? I am feeling bloated today...and I have had mild waves of nausea but I was linking that to the antibiotics...so all I have to do is freak out and they will give me drugs? I am going to try that. :icon_wink: hee hee I am going for my u/s and more bloodwork tomorrow (Monday) and I can't wait! I am typing this message from the internet room at the Sandman Hotel as I can't check my mail at home yet...the tower is getting all cleaned up... :angry: so I won't be able to update you until maybe sometime later on tomorrow...

I can't wait to hear how things are coming along with you...that was my worst fear...OHSS...man I hope they look after you. I was concerned that my numbers were closer to the bottom of the range, but actually abit relieved at the same time...the lady from Ontario that sent me two vials of unused Puregon from another site that I have been on started out on the highest dose of stims and on her day 4 bloodwork, she was only at 100 for her E2 level...so I am doing just right. But again, I can't wait until tomorrow!! I bought myself some cheap stretchy maternity pants tonite at Walmart...they are going to feel like heaven compared to my jeans...even if all of this doesn't work out for us, I will still be able to use them for lounging around...but they are cute...they don't make maternity pants like they used to...they are all low waisted! I love that...no ugly front panel...so they can be worn afterwards!

Anyway, I am at this hotel by myself as hubs and our son didn't need to tag along for the tests just yet...but by the end of the week as retrieval gets closer...gulp...they will be here with me. so I am going to go and have a nice bath and finish a scarf I have been working on (knitting).

take care buddy...and chat with you tomorrow!! :wavey: :drinks:

#7 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:53 AM

Hi Kelly,

Its such a relief to hear from you, I knew you were away but felt a little lonely without you around :( , haha. You're out there by yourself for now? For how long? You should start getting b/w everyday now, shouldn't you? And ya, regarding yor levels, too low isn't good and too high isn't good - yours sounded normal. I'm SO curious what they are today, I can't wait to hear the results of your follies and measurments, too! Hearing that everyday really helped keep me going, you know just to know that it's all working and to keep it up. But WHOA :icon_exclaim: , when I got my second to last E2 done I was shocked :o , then the last one shocked me even more!

Lastnight was even scarier. They told me to cut my HCG injection in half lastnight, so it get's to be 7:40 and I got to prepare the injection, I open the box and just about had a heart attack! One the box read 250mcg of something else, not 10,000IU's of HCG. I freak out, searching all over for the number and call the on-call Dr. He calls back and tells me that it's ok, just to take the whole syringe and that will give me enough. By this time I'm in tears because this whole thing could have been messed up! I still don't understand why I was given this medication instead of the medication they told me I would have and showed me how to prepare it and everything - I was supposed to cut the REAL medication in half... what if I cut the med that I got in half??!!! What if I didn't question it?! :icon_question: Did someone screw up? So of course I was completely freaked out all night, the Ativan :pill: didn't work worth beans (that's a big Ativan :P ). Oh boy.

Anyways, to answer your question; no, my cycle shouldn't be messed up, the OHSS isn't that bad and it's only one ovary. I'm uncomfortable and HUGE, but feeling alright I guess. Probably more discouraged than anything. I should be fine :pray: . There are ladybugs everywhere I go, and aren't they supposed to be good luck??! :P

I can't believe you got maternity clothes already!!! That's halarious! I haven't seen them in year but I have heard how nice they are now. Did you get a pair of jeans? I can't wait to wear the shirts that sit under your boobs and flatter your belly. I think if I wore one right now, I'd definately fill it out lol. Ohhhh and your nausea, that's expected I was told. I still have it, but started it around the 5th day on injections I seem to remember, yuck :sick: . All foods and smells turned my tummy. Pete had some oysters and I just about tossed my cookies, couldn't even handle the smell.

:rofl: and apparently YES, all you have to do is freak out and they give you drugs, haha. It wasn't even that, she said I looked tired so I told her that I haven't been sleeping, she told me that isn't good and to go see Wanda (nurse) and tell her you need some more Ativan. I already had some because I said I was a little nervous about the e/r coming up, but they gave me more to help me sleep for a few days before hand. You tell them that and you'll have some for sure, I just hope they help. And I KNOW you were the one freaking out, YOU were the one who couldn't sleep...now I am, I'm freaked out about it :icon_question: , what can I say? Haha

I wish I knit. I need a hobby that doesn't involve anything with 4 legs :icon_wink:

Good luck today, please let me know... well, all of us know how you did, can't wait to hear!!!!!!

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

Here I am!! :banana:

I miss having my computer at home...the boss is gone for a second so I can tell you real quick...I have 9 good sized follies on my right and 8 good ones on the left...how cool to see them! So they keep producing more? I am such an idiot...I don't remember what I want to ask while I am there...or do they just keep getting bigger...what I have is 17 so is that it and they just get bigger? Listen to me... :blink:

Please stay safe with all that rain Shawn! Mudslides...unbelievable. You got ladybugs already? I am so jealous. You are going to be just fine buddy. I can't wait to chat more once I get some privacy...WEdnesday...I will be on looking to "chat"!! Boss will be gone all day! :drinks:

Also, my uterus has nice lining already...he said .8...gotta run!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:36 PM

Kelly and Shawn,

It look like things are going nice for the two of you, my E2 levels were high as well like yours Shawn, but my doctor doesn't seem worried. So with my Gonal F injection I also have to take Orgalutran as well. Hopefully I will be going for R/E this wednesday or Thursday.

Good luck to the both of you.
keep me posted
Sarah :flowers:

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:56 PM

hi Gals,

Sounds like every little thing is plugging right along :banana: I wish you both all the best and have my fingers crossed for you :thumbup:

Sam

#11 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 07:01 PM

Yay Sarah and Kelly!!!!!!

Kelly: nice to see you back even though it hasn't been that long, haha. Your follicle numbers sound great! Keep in mind; 'quality not quantity'. Ya know, I'm a bit confused too as to how they work, I think they just get bigger. I have 11 follies on my right, 6 of which are perfect (over 17mm) and the rest are a "we'll see". On my left, I have 8 all that are still immature, some of them measured over 14mm, but not too sure how many. My lining is "triple" ?? :dontknow: , I think I read yesterday or the day before that it's 11...??

Sounds awesome Kelly, wasn't it exciting? Did they tell you your size of follies? OHHHH I hope you can go for your e/r soon. When do you go back? Yessss, ladybugs already!! :beach: haha. I was walking down a path outside of the hospital and I KNEW I smelled Hyacynths (sp??) but I couldnt find them, but I know they had to be in there somewhere. There isn't a hill around me for miles and miles so no mudslides for me to worry about... maybe seeing my animals float away is a bit of a concern. When is your computer fixed? Hate that! Congrats on your follies, hurry hurry hurry!!!!!!

SARAH: Hi!! I'm glad your levels are ok, I think it was the combination with the right side and my levels. I spoke to another girl in the waiting room and her levels were high also and they weren't worried. And on the opposite end, the was another girl who was OHSS and her levels weren't high enough, it's weird how it can work. What is Orgalutran?? What does it do? Are you still on your Gonal even with high levels? That would would be awesome if you had your e/r Wednesday or Thursday, are you nervous? When will you find out? :banana:

Take care you two, thanks for the words of encouragement... I need it!! :huh: :icon_cry:

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:26 AM

Shawn,
I am still taking the Gonal F, the orgalutran is to stop your body from releasing the follies so that they get bigger, and then you take the hcg shot when the RE tells you are ready for R/E :dontknow: So I should find out today when I go for R/E, I am doing ok though, my biggest problem was getting time off work to attended U/S and bloodwork :wall: I hope everythings goes good today you will be in my prayers :wavey:

:zz: :zz: :zz: Goodnight and goodluck
Sarah

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

Quick post! Boss is around...still...grrr tomorrow I will be alone!

I recall him rambling off numbers of my follicle size like...9...8...1.25...so..you are so right...quality, not quantity...I so hope that they are all going to be just right.

Can't wait to give another update...Thursday morning is my next scan...

I want my computer back at home :cry: