• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 Mary75

Mary75
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

I'm glad your experience has been better than mine. I have one frozen embryo but they won't transfer it. I hope to find another clinic and start over.

#27 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility Clinic

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:35 PM

I'm glad your experience has been better than mine. I have one frozen embryo but they won't transfer it. I hope to find another clinic and start over.

What do you mean they won't transfer it? That is ridiculous! Who's your doctor and what was the reason?

Anyhow i hope you will find a better care from another place.
  • panyang likes this
Me: 31 DH: 39
TTC : 4 years
August 2012 - Nov 2013 - ONE FERTILITY CLINIC
DIAGNOSES : UNEXPLAINED IF
Did clomid for 7 cycles BFN then 1x IUI also BFN
Took a break and ttc naturally - no baby
Dec 2014 IVF almost- cancelled (changed our mind - not ready)
Another break
Dec 2015 - HANNAM FERTILITY CLINIC
Diagnosis : Male factor (antisperm antibodies 98%)
Mar 2016 - IVF #1 (funded cycle)
Protocol: IVF/ICSI/freeze all
Mar 14 - egg retrieval - 11 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 9 divided well day 3, 5 blasts on day 5 (2x 5AA,3x 5AB) 1 day 6 (6AB)
April 27- FET (singelton 5AA almost hatched blast) 100% thaw rate
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 5 - FIRST BETA 286.5 !
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!
May 21st - 1st u/s - one healthy bean

#28 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:07 PM

Just to share a bit of updates, my transfer this morning went amazingly well.

It was our first transfer ever and it was such a cool experience to see my baby embryo for the first time on the screen and how the tiny bubbles are moving inside me after the transfer is done from the usg screen . (Supposedly a good thing according to the doctor)

We were surprised to have Dr. Hannam performing the transfer for us since our doctor is away. Dr. Hannam is such a wonderful person. He is so compassionate and caring throughout the whole process. He said "it was a perfect transfer" . We couldn't be more happier.

Now we'll have to wait for our pregnancy test on May 5th 😬
Another break
Mar 14 - egg retrieval - 11 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 9 divided well day 3, 5 blasts on day 5 (2x 5AA,3x 5AB) 1 day 6 (6AB)
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!

#29 izzie_mis

izzie_mis
  • 63 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

Just to share a bit of updates, my transfer this morning went amazingly well.

It was our first transfer ever and it was such a cool experience to see my baby embryo for the first time on the screen and how the tiny bubbles are moving inside me after the transfer is done from the usg screen . (Supposedly a good thing according to the doctor)

We were surprised to have Dr. Hannam performing the transfer for us since our doctor is away. Dr. Hannam is such a wonderful person. He is so compassionate and caring throughout the whole process. He said "it was a perfect transfer" . We couldn't be more happier.

Now we'll have to wait for our pregnancy test on May 5th

Congrats on your transfer!! How is the result today??

I am at Hannam too, and you saw me at another post. Do you mind sharing your schedule for the 6 days leading to the transfer day?Especially when did you take the oil shots and when did you go back for the blood work a few days before the transfer?

31 years old, Endo history, TTC 2 years

Clinic: Hannam

Started government funded cycle Jan 2016

Feb/2016 Protocol started Gonal F 225 + Luveris 75 daily + cetrotide + Lupron for triggering

March/2016 16 eggs retrieved, all mature, 13 fertilized using PICSI, all developing at day 3

March/2016 made a last minute decision to do PGS genetic testing

March/2016 8 Embryos were frozen!! Cells are sent to the US for genetic testing

April/2016 5 Embryos passed genetic testing!

May 13 2016 - One 5 day 4AA transfer

May 24 2016 (11dp5d) - th_abfp.gif yahoo.gif  1st Beta: 930?960? can't remember the exact number....

May 26 2016 (13dp5d) -  2nd Beta: 2600

June 13 2016 (7w1d) - 1st u/s, heartbeat 141

#30 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:04 PM

Hi izzie_mis so my guess was right! You are in fact a Hannam patient too! Small world LOL

Who's your doctor? Mine is Dr.Robb bur he was away on my transfer day so i was lucky enough to have Dr. Hannam for the transfer instead! It was my first time meeting him in person and i could already tell how great he is.

I had the exact same schedule as you. After day 17 , my lining was at 7.6mm and they said it was good enough and they had me start my day 1 prometrium that night . Then 2 times a day onward. PIO every other morning starting the day after my ultrasound so day 18 for me

Btw who's your nurse if you don't mind me asking? Just want to see if we in fact has the same nurse too lol. Mine is Ashley. She definitely needs more training I say

I did one embryo transfer 5AA almost hatching blasts . What about you?

Glad to meet someone from the same boat :)
Wish you all the best for your transfer
Another break
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!

#31 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:life quest

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

Hi MC Miracle,

I finnally had my embryo transfer last week. There were some complications during the procedure, due to a swollen gland. Dr. H and Dr. Rob did it together !!. But, everything else was okay, we had a cute lil 5AA embryo that was hatching by itself. Lining also seemed okay. Now it's all in God's hands.
How has it been for you ? Do keep us posted. My pregnancy test would be end of May. Hope I can hold on until then.

#32 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

Hi MC Miracle,

I finnally had my embryo transfer last week. There were some complications during the procedure, due to a swollen gland. Dr. H and Dr. Rob did it together !!. But, everything else was okay, we had a cute lil 5AA embryo that was hatching by itself. Lining also seemed okay. Now it's all in God's hands.
How has it been for you ? Do keep us posted. My pregnancy test would be end of May. Hope I can hold on until then.

Yay! Congratz on being PUPO! And glad the transfer went well and how lucky to have both doctors in there with you 😊

As for me, i am officially pregnant my guess is around 5-6 weeks. Waiting for my first ultrasound on May 25th which feels even longer wait than the beta .

When is your beta ? I caved and did HPT at 5dp5dt and got a faint line on FRER.

You have a great quality blast so i'm wishing you a BFP! Please update me when you know 😊
Another break
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!

#33 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

Hi MC Miracle,

This is great news 👌🎂💐 Congratulations.... hope this sticks on and brings more cheer and luck to this group 😊.

Yup, it was fun getting all the attention, but really hoped it would be a short procedure...ended on up going for an hour and a half...and I had to keep emptying my bladder 😂...
Mine is on the 24th...keeping my fingers crossed...any symptoms ?
Tips and tricks are also welcome ☺

#34 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

I didn't have any symptoms until 5dp5dt . I felt crampy that morning which prompted me to test 😜. And thankfully positive otherwise would have been devastated.
But all the symptoms could also be attributed to the progesterone i am on.

So far, i've been feeling very tired, bloated and had few rounds of headaches. No nausea or morning sickness yet.

I pretty much just took it easy first week after the transfer. Also i have been trying to spread my meals into smaller meals to reduce the bloating feeling (argh... Can't wait to stop all the progesterone meds)

Do you think you will take the HPT?
Another break
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!

#35 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

Yeah...I think am out of the race this cycle 😢 I tested and it was negative.
Anyway...will keep you posted if there is any change...

Take rest and all the best

#36 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

don't get discouraged yet. Wait for tomorrow's beta. You could have a late implanter

What test did you use?
Another break
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!

#37 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

Yeah...I think am out of the race this cycle 😢 I tested and it was negative.
Anyway...will keep you posted if there is any change...

Take rest and all the best

Hey just want to check how you are doing. Take care
Another break
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!

#38 May35

May35
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:37 PM

Hi all
Just want to update you and share the good news: after I have got one out of 14 embryos last till day five in March and it tested genetically ok, I decided not to transfer for a couple of months to take a break from roller coaster and feel myself again. I couldn't bear another heartbreak of the transfer not going well. The plan was to transfer coming September. My blood test after Ivf showed I have high prolactine and it meant I won't ovulate on my own. To fix that and because I was tired of medication I consulted a herbal medicine consultant and she advised using Vitex. I started using it on May 15th and I did a couple of acupuncture session and to our surprise I found out last week that I am pregnant naturally.
I am five weeks and 1 day and I just want to update you and say have hope. Try all the avenues. Drs don't have all the answers although they are overconfident in their cookie cutter approaches. I hope every body got the good news or get it very soon. With love

34, TTC 1.5y,

Normal/high sperm antibody

1st IVF 

#39 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

Hi May35,

Very happy news...this is wonderful news...this is what you call a jackpot congratulations☺...best wishes for a smooth and happy 9 months...

I have a lot of faith in alternative therapies...my first FET was not successful am now on a break while they run a few more tests...🤔...
If you don't mind could you share your herbalist and accupunterist's contact info. For now, since the last month I am on a gluten free, suger free diet...with some exercise most days of the week.
Still some additional guidance from a qualified person will help.

#40 May35

May35
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:46 AM

Sripri27
Not at all, I researched a lot, I found this place Toronto community Accuponture . You can easily find it typing on Google . It is a very nice place and their philosophy is that acupuncture should be affordable. So the price is between 20 to 40$ and you choose what to pay. I liked it a lot, since it is clear that making money is not the first priority for the business . The atmosphere is great and you feel the calm there. Regarding the herbals, there is an acupuncturist name Naomi Frank she does herbal medicine as well. Though I should tell you after reading my ivf file and tests very carefully I came to the conclusion that there are some issues . I booked an apt with Dr Robb and asked all sort of questions about the file but he didn't convince me with his answers. We are in unexplained fertility category. However I am a reasearcher, and more than a ten years evaluating the scientific data I could see that there has not been a through cross examination of ultrasound and blood tests. So I read a lot and come to conclusion that vitex might be good herb to address my prolactin issue. I consulted with Naomi and she said it is a good herb. I didn't get it through her though, I bought it over the counter in health store. She suggested try it for a couple of months and we wanted to do some more herb to prepare me for the embryo transfer. But my little miracle happened. I can't say for sure what was the reason, but I think the herb combined with acupuncture which made me very relaxed as well as some life style changes, (such as avoiding glutine and sugar, my husband started doing exercise to boost his body, he always felt tired and had headaches regularly , and they were all gone after doing exercise. I cut down on my boot camp high impact exercise and did yoga and light exercise. So I think all and all there is something in approaching this problem holistically and trying to resolve the underline issues. Hope you find this helpful and sorry for being such a long reply.

34, TTC 1.5y,

Normal/high sperm antibody

1st IVF 

#41 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:22 AM

Hi May35,

Thanks soo much for the detailed response, really appreciated. You have taken charge of your health and fertility, which I am really trying to do. I actually tried community acupuncture for a few months downtown last year. I have always had a regular cycle between 26-30 days, so did not really see much difference. I too am in the unexplained category...though my most resent sono showed some scar tissue..! I have never been pregnant so this is a big surprise. I am yet to get a formal report from Dr.H.Waiting for it anxiously.
Meanwhile I have read up on natural supplements to aid scar tissue healing.Also I am seriously following a healthy diet, hoping all this helps.
Thanks again for the information :)

#42 panyang

panyang
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:hannam fertility clinic

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

What do you mean they won't transfer it? That is ridiculous! Who's your doctor and what was the reason?

Anyhow i hope you will find a better care from another place.

#43 panyang

panyang
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:hannam fertility clinic

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hi mC i just want to ask regarding IVF govt funding,i reciv a call regarding about it from hannam clinic,they send me a consent form, how long it takes the proces to start the IVF? how much mostly the cost o medication?thanks!

#44 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

Hi mC i just want to ask regarding IVF govt funding,i reciv a call regarding about it from hannam clinic,they send me a consent form, how long it takes the proces to start the IVF? how much mostly the cost o medication?thanks!

Hi Panyang
So glad to see fellow hannam-er and congratz on getting selected for the funded IVF!
For mine it started the following cycle as soon as my period starts so pretty much the next month for me after the consent form. Not sure if it has changed

As for the medication, they gave me an estimate of $6000 but turned out the Doctor had to reduce my dosage for the injections to the minimum since my body responded so well to the medication so overall it was actually less than $6000. I would say mine cost about $4000 for the whole treatment (start to 10 weeks pregnant). I was very fortunate to have a manulife drug plus coverage so most of them are covered.

It is not an easy process by any means but I am very grateful to have this opportunity and to have gone through this.
I am now 16 weeks pregnant because of the treatment at Hannam.

I wish you all the best! And let me know if you need more info 😊
Another break
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!