• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jrubin

Jrubin
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Trianglen, Denmark

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

Hello, I am new to this site. I am 42, turning 43 in March and just did our sixth and last Ivf (after it is donor egg). We used menopur, 300 units, did a priming, and I am taking prednisone. I cut out coffee completely during this cycle. I only had 3 eggs, 2 mature. But they were the best quality have ever had. We had two 8 cell embryos transferred on day 3 (and we used assisted hatching). I have never had more than two cells on day 2 except once I had one 3 cell, day two transfer, and had a chemical pregnancy. Everything with this seemed great. But I am not feeling any cramping. I am now 3 days post 3 day transfer. The day of the transfer I was pretty much on bed rest but the 25th we had our cousin and wife over for christmas lunch and. Was up a lot and preparing and carrying light things. Then we left the next day for Morocco. I am worried I have caused the eggs to not implant. Does anyone have experiences or thoughts? Am stressed now.

#2 ENF

ENF
  • 1000+
  • 1877 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:41 PM

It's so easy to perseverate and feel stress over every decision we make while attempting to get pregnant and during the pregnancy. However moving around and being distracted by guests sounds like a very positive thing to me. You're increasing blood flow and relaxing with family. It's impossible to not stress over every detail during this time, but I do hope you are able to enjoy your trip to Morocco.

As for symptoms, it's so hard to say because every woman is different and medications often create symptoms that are similar to those which accompany a pregnancy. I had a tremendous amount of "symptoms" with my fresh transfer and I ended up having a chemical pregnancy. I had no symptoms with my FET and ended up pregnant.

I wish you all the best!

• Jrubin likes this

Me - 37   DH - 45 (Paraplegic)   

FET planned for spring 2017

#3 GabyP

GabyP
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Interafertility

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:01 PM

I never had bed rest and was more active than ever after my 3 day transfer. Walked for hours after the transfer as my taxi did not show up, lol. I followed the philosophy that being active keeps the circulation going and keeps life normal. It did work for me after a 3 day transfer. At the end of the day, unless we do bizarre and extreme workouts, nature will decide. These tiny embies sit in the endometrium, warm and cozy and the rest is truly up to hormones, genetics and all that, No symptoms until I was about two months pregnant and what I felt, was due to the medications.

This is the scary part, we all wish that we could control what happens after a transfer, make it more likely that it happens and yet reality is, we lost control and have to surrender. Sucks.

• ociwoman and ENF like this

#4 Jrubin

Jrubin
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Trianglen, Denmark

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the comments. I had my test today and unfortunately mixed. It is positive but only 24, when it should be around 75 at this stage. I go back in two days to check again but same thing happened during the 2nd Ivf treatment. Not holding my breath but I guess you never know. Symptoms have been up and down, coming and going. Today have a horrible headache which makes me think my progesterone us low from what I have read. Anyone have low hcg levels and go on with a normal pregnancy?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ivf, embryo transfer, two week wait, 2ww, symptoms