How come there is no action on this Clinic? - Genesis - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How come there is no action on this Clinic?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 andstillwaiting

andstillwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 535 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis Fertility Clinic

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

I've been off this site for awhile and now I'm back as we are getting ready to do a FET in the New Year.  I thought I would check out the clinic thread as there has been a lot of changes since my last cycle back in Oct 2011 and I can not believe there is absolutely no trending topics.  Is no-one cycling? Why so quiet.  I see action with other clinics.  

#2 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2457 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:42 AM

It's hard to say, there was only one doctor for a while because of olive so I think the number of patients dropped significantly.  I'm sure there are patients there, just not sure how many of them also happen to be members on this site as well.

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details

#3 andstillwaiting

andstillwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 535 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis Fertility Clinic

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:23 AM

You might be right Smurfette. I would have likely gone over to Olive too if I were doing a fresh cycle only because I know all the doctors.  I don't feel like I need to change clinics just to do a FET.  I guess I'll know for sure once I meet Dr. K for the first time. I just want to get the show on the road, you know?! 

#4 Jaya

Jaya
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

I've been off this site for awhile and now I'm back as we are getting ready to do a FET in the New Year.  I thought I would check out the clinic thread as there has been a lot of changes since my last cycle back in Oct 2011 and I can not believe there is absolutely no trending topics.  Is no-one cycling? Why so quiet.  I see action with other clinics.  

Keep in mind many fake reviewers/posters on internet forums like this - quite a few on Olive side looked puffed up 

Go with your own experience and instinct 

Best of luck!

#5 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:33 AM

That has not at all been my experience in my many years on this site. We certainly have a wide range of members with positive and negative experiences in every clinic. Bear in mind that those with successes tend to leave the most positive and glowing posts...as we all do when we have victories to celebrate. Olive is an extremely reputable clinic and while I would expect there to be poor experiences in any RE's office I would be willing to hazard a guess that the reason they have such positive posts are because the vast majority of their patients are happy with the services they have provided.

I believe you have previously posted about not being happy there and I hope you find the appropriate fit for your treatment plans. Please bear in mind that suggesting many of the posts here are "fake" denigrates the integrity of the many women and men who share their voices of support and experience in these forums for the benefit of others.

There is tremendous value in having a blend of both positive and negative experiences so that future members can inform themselves and properly advocate for their care.
  • mouse, gibasgirl, Yearning and 5 others like this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#6 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2457 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:08 AM

Thanks CHG!  I (as well as many others) appreciate your thoughtful comments.

andstillwaiting - I've had Dr. K before and thought she was very experienced, I would have had no hesitation staying at Genesis for an FET as I did my first cycle there with Dr. Y.   However, we needed to do a fresh cycle anyway so we decided to move to Olive to stay with Dr. Y.  Good luck on your upcoming FET!

• gibasgirl, andstillwaiting, CdnHockeyGal and 1 other like this

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details

#7 Jaya

Jaya
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

That has not at all been my experience in my many years on this site. We certainly have a wide range of members with positive and negative experiences in every clinic. Bear in mind that those with successes tend to leave the most positive and glowing posts...as we all do when we have victories to celebrate. Olive is an extremely reputable clinic and while I would expect there to be poor experiences in any RE's office I would be willing to hazard a guess that the reason they have such positive posts are because the vast majority of their patients are happy with the services they have provided.

I believe you have previously posted about not being happy there and I hope you find the appropriate fit for your treatment plans. Please bear in mind that suggesting many of the posts here are "fake" denigrates the integrity of the many women and men who share their voices of support and experience in these forums for the benefit of others.

There is tremendous value in having a blend of both positive and negative experiences so that future members can inform themselves and properly advocate for their care.

I believe the majority of participants here are real and genuine. But to say there are no planted ones is untrue, regrettably.

#8 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

In any internet based site there will always be those whose motives are disingenuous. Please note the reason I responded to your post was because your response would lead a reader to believe that it is your opinion that there are many false posters in Olive, which, as I've stated is 100% contrary to my opinion and experiences here.

I'm sorry you had a poor experience at Olive and I hope your new clinic is a good fit. You've posted many times about your dissatisfaction with Olive, which is your prerogative, but there is no evidence that I am aware of to support the claim that you find many of the posters sharing their experiences at Olive to be "puffed up." It is important for those cycling in the BC area and future readers that they can have confidence in knowing the experiences they read here to be genuine.

If you have reason to believe some posts made in threads are not legitimate IVF patients or from Olive I would encourage you to report any posts that seem off so that the moderating team can review for the best interests of the site and our members.
  • mouse, gibasgirl, smurfette_w and 2 others like this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#9 Jaya

Jaya
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

Very fair.

• CdnHockeyGal likes this