- - - - -

9th day on suprefact

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:56 AM

hey girls sorry i havent been online for a while but i have been so tired :zz: lately i think its all the meds i also just want to come home and sleep :zz: sometimes because of the headaches they are terrible it feels like my head is about to explode :bang: 4 more days till my baseline u/s cant wait :banana: oh man the first day i started the suprefact :pill: i was over excited i couldnt even sleep :wacko: i kept looking at the time just to make sure i didnt miss it i think so far ive only been late for a dose once thats about it i was so worried cause it was about an hour late hopefully its ok any advice?? is it ok?? :blink: who else is on this cycle with me??

#2 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:27 AM

HI wannabe,

I was wondering what happened to you :icon_question: , nice to see you're back! I basically felt the same while in my first week of Synarel, just tired, cranky and my headaches were killer. My headaches are slowly subsiding now, but I still have one every morning, just not as bad.

I'm not too far ahead of you, I've lost track of how many days into my Synarel and injections... :bang: , but my e/r should be within the next week, more than likely by Monday :banana: . I start my daily u/s/s today so I'll get a better idea of when the e/r will be.

As for taking the meds late, I've done that the last 2 days because I've had other things on my mind, so far so good and no one has said anything about my hormone level... although I haven't told the nurses I messed up :blush: , but sems ok so far. Just DON'T do it, I think that's the best we can do. Maybe today will tell, maybe they'll look at my ovaries and say "Hey, did you miss a dose?" :rofl: Could you imagine if that's how it worked?! Haha

Off to go get my am bloodwork done, fun fun! Good luck wannabe, keep us posted!!!

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:05 PM

hey wannabe! I am with you on the Suprefact, although I started my injections yesterday of 225 IU of puregon to start...I am so tired too! All I want to do is :zz: ...it must be another side effect from the stuff...I just am soooo lethargic.

Can't wait to get my energy back and start excercising again... :drinks:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:54 AM

thanks girls i am so excited i cant wait for my u/s on the 24th :banana: :banana: so how are you all doing and what step are you into your treatments???

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:13 PM

I am on my third day of injecting Puregon...and tomorrow morning is my u/s and bloodwork in Calgary!

I have a bruise on my second injection site... :( and I started to feel my ovaries this morning...a couple little twinges... :dance:

#6 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:09 PM

I can hardly keep my eyes open, what is with this stuff?? :icon_question:

Poor you Kel, a bruise! :( , I got one too, just a tiny little one. I hope you don't get more! So, how far are you from your clinic? You'll be so happy once you start getting the u/s's and b/w, it sure gives you an idea of how things are progressing. Although today at my u/s I didn't find out too much, I actually thought the lady that did it was very unfriendly, she didn't even introduce herself!! :angry: I have no idea who she was and yet she did my u/s, it felt very...impersonal, just didn't feel good at all :( . I guess I'll find out the stats when I call for my results of b/w, all she said to me was that I'll need more "medicine" (I'm assuming that's Gonal) and we'll take time tomorrow to discuss my e/r. :icon_question: OK. :mellow: :sigh:

I'm so curious to know what your E2 level is at, I was talking to everone else in the waiting room and hearing what all their levels were at - one lady's was 1700 something and that was on 350 Gonal :o , holy crap! I'm still on 150 and on day 8 now. Although, it might change today because my level is up at over 2000 now (that's supposed to be some sort of special number or something :icon_question: ) ... I guess I don't ask enough questions, do I?

I can't wait to hear about both your u/s results!!! I want someone to go through the e/r with me :icon_cry: . I have a feeling it will be done early next week, I overheard someone say that they didn't like doing anything on the weekends, so that leads me to believe that they won't do anything tomorrow or on the weekend so that leaves Monday. Who knows, I guess I'll find out at noon today. I gotta go have a nap :zz: , talk to you guys soon.

Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 06:19 AM

i recieved my timetable for the rest of my meds and i guess ill be on puregon 150ui they say that its best to inject just below your belly button :ouch: where else can i inject it :dontknow: pls help i wont be starting them untill after my u/s but its still nice to be prepared my period lasted about 6 days is that normal????? :dontknow: is it because of the meds or :dontknow: im going nuts i cant wait till my u/s on monday so close yet it seems so far away the time seems to go by very slow slower than usual oh i almost forgot i read that the puregon should be stored in the fridge is that ok?? :think:

bye for now :wavey:

#8 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:03 PM

Hi wannabe,

I injected myself under my belly button too, and sort of around it but not above it. As long as you inject it into the fattiest part of your belly and that's usually around the belly button. If you can grab a lump of fat then you're good to go, just poke it in there! Did they give you an injection teaching session? Was there anyone ot show you how to give your injection? Sometimes pictures just don't cut it <_< . I was also told that you can inject it into your thigh, the dorsal part of your thigh near your hip. I never did that, just used my belly which is all bruised now :( .

Is your u/s tomorrow Monday? Will this be your first one to see how your follicles are developing? Cool if it is, good luck! So how many days into your injections are you? When do you start your bloodwork? You're getting closer!! The time has flown by since I started my injections, now on Tuesday I go in for my retrieval, yippee :dance: !!!

Can't wait to hear your results!
Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:18 PM

Wannabe...don't store it in the fridge!! You want it at room temp...the cold will sting worse...didn't your pharmacist tell you that you want it at room temp? It is good for 3 months at room temp...so you don't need to store it in the fridge. Also , I read that injecting in the belly absorbs better and results are faster...but totally up to you. Just some advice. :icon_wink: Good luck and it doesn't hurt! It just takes some extra courage to stick it in the first time...it is sooo easy! :wavey:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:42 AM

no i havent been to a teaching session for the injections i will however ask my doctor to teach me how to do it when i go in for my u/s tommorrow cant wait :banana: this will be my very first one than i will be starting my injections after that :ouch: hope it doesnt hurt as much :pray: no the pharmacist didnt tell me to store it at room temp they told me to keep it stored in the fridge than take it out when im about to give my dose so that way it get to be at room temp when it is time to take it :blink: what should i ask any suggestions im just so excited cant wait :D :D :D
shawn tuesday is your retrieval wow that was fast ggggggggoooooooooooood luck :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:33 PM

i like wannabemom are going in for my ultrasound today. I have been fine until about 20 minutes ago when it began swimming in my head what is really going on. It is so hard to control that.
will post later on today.

#12 Natiko

Natiko
  • 1000+
  • 1074 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

Macey and Wannabe,

You two will be fine, don't worry! Once you get the u/s's done you'll both feel so much better, it's just a solid reminder that things are moving along :banana: . The days went by super fast once I started going for u/s's and b/w.

Hang in there!!! :thumbup:
Shawn

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

back from ultrasound.
I drank so much water I almost began to cry in the waiting room because it was so uncomfortable!
When I went in the tech said that I was WAY to full to do anything. She gave me a cup and told me to go get rid of some of it. I almost jumped up and kissed her.

She was pretty funny and made the whole procedure easy.

She said that my ovaries are so beautiful she just can't see how I cannot get pregnant.

Last few days have been very weepy. I had a melt down today before I went.

On my way for acupuncture so he can do magic on my eggs.!

Thanks for listening....
Waiting to hear from wannabemommy.....

Macey

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:29 AM

hey girls im back my u/s went great i cant really remember what the doctor said about one side of my ovarie but said it was small she wasnt talking about the size of the ovary any ideas ?? :huh: i didnt have a full bladder though does that sound normal :icon_exclaim: they just advised me to come in without any special instructions maybe its because i had one done before over at the clinic and that one was with a full bladder?? :bang: she did say that everything looked really good it was over pretty fast than i got the call from the nurse :phone: to decrease the suprefact to 3 times a day instead of 5 starting today and also to start my injections as well as my antibiotics :pill: today wow that was really fast i was so worked up about the injections i thought it was gonna hurt alot more but it didnt hurt at all it just stung for a bit afterwards it looks like ill be leaving for calgary sooner than i expected as well as the nurse advised that i will need to be there for close monitoring :blink: im so excited its all happening so fast im really really excited :banana: :banana: :banana:

macey im glad to hear your u/s went awesome what are your next steps now?? :icon_question:

bye for now :wavey:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:35 AM

I posted in the main forum about my next plan. I am off to the hospital tomorrow for blood work and results of ultrasound. If all goes well, then I go for IVF injection training.

I went for acupunture today as well.

Wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.

Macey

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:47 AM

hey macey acupunture hey is that relaxing? i dont know all those needles seem very scary :blink: .but it wouldnt hurt to try it how many times do you go for?

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:36 PM

Hey wannabe...I just might run into you... I will be there Thurs morning!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 04:08 AM

hey babes i might see you there hubby and i might leave on thurs as well. so how are thing progressing with you?any updates?

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:34 AM

I am doing two treatments of acupuncture two weeks prior to egg retreival. The needles are painless and nothing to worry about.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:33 PM

No new updates from me wannabe....not until Thursday after my scan...can't wait! :banana:

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:06 AM

i know i cant keep the excitement level down im very excited cant wait !!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:03 PM

Hubby is so supportive. I am on Gonal and chose this because I took a pharmacy technician course and am not afraid to reconstitute medication but am afraid of poking myself. So I reconstitute, draw the medication and he pokes. I am so amazed at how calm he is.
So keep in mind everyone that when you get to anything in your life that is scary and placed infront of you, you learn to deal with it in anyway you can and somehow you get over it.
I go to hospital on Saturday morning for bloodwork and further instructions....

Cross my fingers....