Anyone else get a BFN with 5dt (PGS normal) embryos? - Introductions - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else get a BFN with 5dt (PGS normal) embryos?

BFN 5dt PGS IVF

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IVFjourney2

IVFjourney2
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:58 AM

I'm new to this group and I'm hoping some of your ladies out there can help me.

My story in a nutshell is...

2 early miscarriages (suspected chromasomal issues so went on to try IVF with PGS testing)

IVF#1 - no embryos survived to day 5 for PGS testing

IVF#2 - 2 day 5 embryos (both tested normal with PGS)

FET#1 - BFP, early miscarriage at 6 weeks

FET#2 - BFN

Is there anyone who is in the same (or similar) situation? Anyone go on to have a healthy pregnancy after this?

• kieko likes this

#2 impatience

impatience
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

How bitterly disappointing - I'm very sorry about your losses. 

Unfortunately while the implantation and live birth rates for euploid embryos far exceed untested embryos, they're still not 100%. We've had a few women on these boards who've had losses with euploid embryos. It could be that the test didn't work due to mosaicism, or it could be just plain bad luck. 

The one possible issue that you could test and treat is autoimmune. Not all RE's "believe in" immune issues, but with three losses and a BFN with a euploid embryo, it may be worth looking around for someone who will do the testing if your current RE won't. 

Best of luck to you. I know how devastating it can be to realize that PGS isn't all there is to the story. 

#3 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

100% agree with what impatience has posted.  :)

It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#4 IVFjourney2

IVFjourney2
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:13 PM

With this last transfer, I did 1 round of intralipid therapy and was on prednisone to circumvent any autoimmune issues that might be present. I was also on low-dose Aspirin and was scheduled to begin a stronger blood-thinner (Fragmin) and more intralipid after a positive pregnancy test which obviously didn't happen. So I guess we still have a shot at another cycle with this treatment...we just need another darn embryo!!

It's so devastating to have to wait another cycle just to do another stimulation cycle and retrieval. Have any of you ever done more than 1 stim/retrieval cycle on back-to-back months to get more embryos? I got 0 in my first IVF and 2 in my second. I feel like that's really low, especially since I'm only 30.

#5 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2457 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

i'm one with a chemical pregnancy with a PGS and CCS-normal embryo, but had success with my second PGS and CCS-normal embryo.

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details

#6 Peony86

Peony86
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Vitalab

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:03 AM

Hi there. I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS. I have just received a BFN today after my first IVF cycle. I did a 5d FET..Grade 1 embryos. Prior to the transfer I received Intralipid infusion, I had an endometrial scratch done as well as a Neupogen shot. Was put on low dose aspirin post transfer..and unfortunately still nothing. I was very hopeful going in but now I don't know!

#7 Nushi

Nushi
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:Lifequest

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:11 PM

I just had my pgs embryo transferred on dec 10. I'm waiting now. This will be my first transfer and I only had 1 euploid embryo out of 5blasts.
I also did the Matris test with a score of 8.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BFN, 5dt, PGS, IVF